The Official Gears Of War 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't see anything wrong with trenches :dunno

Trenches was horrible. Mainly the spawning. Even the designers admit they botched this level. It really is horrid.

Then you have the shields on that map. No one picks them up hardly at all. They could be an awesome defensive tool. However, the pistol is as useless as a squirt gun. So I guess I retract my previous statement about all of the weapons and at least say they should boost the power. Mayber make the revolver thing standard issue so you can at least grab a headshot or two. :dunno

Can't wait to get that retro lacer to go with the original lancer. But of course, it's not available at Gamestop Canada. Well at least not yet. :banghead

See reading that just explains that all the people crying about "Noob sawed offs" and "Noob Retro Lancers" basically tells me that there probably more the noob than anything. I mean if you want to cry "Noob" everything you can pretty much tag that to every gun. People are dumb and just complain to much.

Glad it doesn't seem they will back down from the way the weapons are. I don't think they need to change a thing in that department. _____es will find something to _____ about.

As for trenches? Glad they are going to fix it! :rock

Agreed. Leave things as is. The one gun I heard more crying about was the sawed off. If you let someone get close enough to you with it then that's your damn fault. Shot guns should obliterate you up close.

As far as fixing trenches glad that's gonna get fixed. If a team had a spawn locked down you could never get out.

it's not the power of the sawed off, it's the bullet spread, it has an almost 180 degree spread

at the same time hardly has any range, so as others stated I think the person with the problem is the person who let someone get that close.
Its a choice, people can choose the gnasher and shoot away and use it like a rifle or choose the sawed off and devestate people at close range like a shotgun should do and be done with it. I dont understand why so many people complain about the 2 guns. Thats like saying "how come the guy across the map can blow my head off with the sniper rifle...its not fair"

i get that the sawed off is a one shot kill at close range but if you're side on with the guy then it shouldn't kill ya

Only problem I had with the sawed off was when it didn't work when you walked up right behind someone who wasn't looking and it didn't kill them. But that's a different problem.

In my opinion, I'm ok with the weapons the way they are. I will always _____ and complain about this and that because it makes me feel better about my feeble skills if I blame the weapons. :rotfl

NECA

On Tuesday 24th May 2011, @NECA_TOYS said:

For all those outside the US we're working on arrangements for the Retro Lancer in Canada, EU, etc. Details as soon as they're finalized. Hopefully this week. #gears3.

Only problem I had with the sawed off was when it didn't work when you walked up right behind someone who wasn't looking and it didn't kill them. But that's a different problem.

:gah::exactly:
That happened to me a few times. Couldnt believe that ****.
If I'd gotten any closer behind them I wouldve been in front of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
point is, the sawed off was thrown in to give newcomers to the series a fighting chance to get kills and stick with the game

it's a powerful weapon, when i used it i got 10-12 kills in TDM but i'm honest enough to say that i didn't have to work for it (hide and shoot as the run up or charge at them)

in TDM it's cool cause you respawn but can you imagine how frustrating that would be in execution?

so i'm kinda 50/50 on this weapon, increases kill count but also requires less skill

Last edited:
point is, the sawed off was thrown in to give newcomers to the series a fighting chance to get kills and stick with the game

it's a powerful weapon, when i used it i got 10-12 kills in TDM but i'm honest enough to say that i didn't have to work for it (hide and shoot as the run up or charge at them)

in TDM it's cool cause you respawn but can you imagine how frustrating that would be in execution?

Its a weapon that gives anyone a chance. Who gives a crap if it helps newcomers to stick around.

It is and no more so than the Gnasher which has the distance of a rifle and people hide and shoot with it (or wall bounce with it). So people find ways to use them that best fit them. As far as the hiding if I see people coming towards me and I can hide around a corner for a second I'm going to. That lets them walk into it. Part of how I play is trying to out think my opponent. Thats just part of how I play. I like the sawed off because if after using the lancer I can get close enough to finish them off I will.

I know some feel its a "no skill" weapon but I could give a ____ less if people feel that way. I'm gonna do whats best for me and make sure I get the most out of my time. The sawed off and retro lancer will be what I'm packing. If you can stop me thats great and if not tough luck. There are plenty of the "skill" weapons bring and do your job.

i acknowledged that it's a useful weapon but only been tested in modes with respawns

would be interesting to know the average k/d ratio

for the record i said less skill not no skill

a good sawed off player is great on your team but bad in opposition :lol

Use in none respawn modes will be interesting.

Again interesting to find out. It gave you something when you looked at each weapon.

It's no less skill than the gnasher. That gun has rifle range for a shottie and folks can hide with it. Not much difference to me. As I said I'm using those two weapons and if it assures I play well, win, and have fun that's awesome. I'm not worried if I'm deemed more or less skill.

Back