The Official Gears Of War 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anybody preorder from best buy before, want to get the baird skin but not sure how they do it in store. i know online they give you the code via email but what about preordering in store?

of course I asked in store and like usual they have no idea. they say they think it comes in the bundle but theyre not sure.

it'll prolly be on your reciept, or packaged in the box

better pics of replica retro lancer

lancer1024x779.jpg

model02682x1024.jpg

Yeah I fall into the "I didn't care" category. I've never really liked Gears multiplayer.

I'll agree concerning the competitive modes, but cooperative Horde is a ton of fun.

In the general multiplayer, though, I found that there were too many people who took it way too seriously for my liking.

Looks cool but I'll pass. I'd have taken a smaller version with the epic edition for the same price instead of say the medal we get.

So are there 2 savage grenadiers than, because the new locust skin that was in the beta was a savage grenadier. Amazon has the savage Kantus. Thats definetly a different skin, but like I said maybe the names are wrong, maybe they mean savage drone.

*edit...I just realized it says elite...so maybe there are 2 different savage grenadiers. Regulare and elite, I hope these are unlockable or even able to buy them later. I'll buy the locusts skins for sure.

Excerpt from a new IGN article:

IGN: You've released some statistics publically, but did anything, from those stats or elsewhere, particularly surprise you?

Jim: It surprised me that, quite honestly, Trenches was so horribly broken, despite hours of testing internally. I'm glad that we did the beta for that reason. Now we know and it didn't have to go out and be map that's a failure in the wild. Now I'm more confident that will be a successful map. I think the only thing that really surprised me when it shouldn't have was some people's reactions to the new weapons simply because they're so attached to previous Gears that they were unwilling to try and learn the new stuff, they just wrote them off as being broken. Whereas in the long term the stats actually showed that they were pretty well balanced. It's just a matter of people having enough time to get comfortable and learn to enjoy their subtleties and wonderful executions.

Rod: If I were to pick my thing, it was that sort of uniform reaction that every weapon in the beta was overpowered. We were having a meeting in my office and I got a tweet as the meeting was going on that said 'the flame grenades are overpowered' and I said, 'that's it, it's official, every weapon in our beta is now overpowered.' We're the ones that have to bring the logic, we're the ones that have the rational and reasonable thinking because what's happening is that the person who's a Gnasher player complains that every rifle is overpowered because someone is actually able to get a kill.

I was talking to a guy about this where he was saying a friend of his was complaining how horribly broken the Retro Lancer and Sawed-Off Shotgun are. He was like 'really?' 'Yeah, come and watch I want to show you how broken these weapons are.' He begins this rampage where he kills seven guys and one guy shoots him and after seven kills he dies once. 'See that? &*$% Sawed-Off shotgun. I hate that weapon.' Then he goes again and kills nine guys, then after nine kills in a row he gets killed by a guy with a Retro Lancer and says, 'see told you! Look how broken it is.' It's that kind of perception. 'Nothing should kill me if my play style is supposed to be successful.' So the Gnasher guys are all, 'that rifle sucks' and all the rifle guys are like, 'the Gnasher sucks.' There was no overwhelming message of 'oh, obviously we have to change something' it was 'wow, you really have to take into perspective the context of how people play.'

Excerpt from a new IGN article:

IGN: You've released some statistics publically, but did anything, from those stats or elsewhere, particularly surprise you?

Jim: It surprised me that, quite honestly, Trenches was so horribly broken, despite hours of testing internally. I'm glad that we did the beta for that reason. Now we know and it didn't have to go out and be map that's a failure in the wild. Now I'm more confident that will be a successful map. I think the only thing that really surprised me when it shouldn't have was some people's reactions to the new weapons simply because they're so attached to previous Gears that they were unwilling to try and learn the new stuff, they just wrote them off as being broken. Whereas in the long term the stats actually showed that they were pretty well balanced. It's just a matter of people having enough time to get comfortable and learn to enjoy their subtleties and wonderful executions.

Rod: If I were to pick my thing, it was that sort of uniform reaction that every weapon in the beta was overpowered. We were having a meeting in my office and I got a tweet as the meeting was going on that said 'the flame grenades are overpowered' and I said, 'that's it, it's official, every weapon in our beta is now overpowered.' We're the ones that have to bring the logic, we're the ones that have the rational and reasonable thinking because what's happening is that the person who's a Gnasher player complains that every rifle is overpowered because someone is actually able to get a kill.

I was talking to a guy about this where he was saying a friend of his was complaining how horribly broken the Retro Lancer and Sawed-Off Shotgun are. He was like 'really?' 'Yeah, come and watch I want to show you how broken these weapons are.' He begins this rampage where he kills seven guys and one guy shoots him and after seven kills he dies once. 'See that? &*$% Sawed-Off shotgun. I hate that weapon.' Then he goes again and kills nine guys, then after nine kills in a row he gets killed by a guy with a Retro Lancer and says, 'see told you! Look how broken it is.' It's that kind of perception. 'Nothing should kill me if my play style is supposed to be successful.' So the Gnasher guys are all, 'that rifle sucks' and all the rifle guys are like, 'the Gnasher sucks.' There was no overwhelming message of 'oh, obviously we have to change something' it was 'wow, you really have to take into perspective the context of how people play.'

Glad it doesn't seem they will back down from the way the weapons are. I don't think they need to change a thing in that department. _____es will find something to _____ about.

As for trenches? Glad they are going to fix it! :rock

Back