The official "Blu-Ray is not as good as DVD" Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the evolution. Its new. Drasticly different then Blu's or DVD's.

You're using a curious definition of evolution.

BTW, upconverted DVDs, as good as they are, always make me cry when I watch them after enjoying a well-mastered Blu-ray with lossless sound.

I'm always dumbfounded when people put forward the argument that upconverted DVDs are almost as good, because they're so obviously not. They're fine I suppose (DVD is fine; horribly compressed digital files are fine; even VHS is fine). If you're watching for story none of it matters in the end.

I think its funny that people are acting superior just because they have Blue-Ray. Its really not THAT much of an upgrade over DVD.

It's literally more than twice the resolution. Might as well say DVD isn't THAT much of an upgrade over VHS. I don't think anyone's acting superior here.

I guess I just see some comments as being rather humerous. Like they are trying to put down eveyone else just because they don't think Blu-Ray is the end all be all of human existance.

"Have fun with your DVDs and lower quality videos."

"Actually since you have not invested in the format you are not qualified to make this statement."

"I wish I could show who ever started this thread a full demostration of the huge difference from DVD and BR but since we cant I suggest you go to your local BEST BUY and HD store to get a full demostration. :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol"

I could give a rats rump what anyone else has.. to each his own.. I just think all this bashing is funny and very pointless.

Why would anyone invest in an HDTV and not upgrade to BD??? Your not getting the value from your TV.

Why do you care?

You have to buy a Blu Ray player...and Blu Rays. That costs money. So....thats the reason.

Why do you care that I care that people like you do not care....lol

Because, you seem fixated on converting us. We dont want to spend the money. No film will make us.

No matter how pretty. So go away to the other Blu Ray thread now.

Because, you seem fixated on converting us. We dont want to spend the money. No film will make us.

No matter how pretty. So go away to the other Blu Ray thread now.

Sooooooooooooo, you aren't going to watch Wall-E on blu ray?

Good. Thats amazing! But...i'd have to get a HDTV...and a Blu Ray Player...and Blu Rays to see it. No thanks. Not now. Someday.

Good. Thats amazing! But...i'd have to get a HDTV...and a Blu Ray Player...and Blu Rays to see it. No thanks. Not now. Someday.

Why don't you want the better picture and sound that blu ray offers?:lol:lol:lol

Back