the next dead 12" figure........the butcher

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few shots of my Butcher!
DSCN2908.jpg

DSCN2909.jpg

DSCN2913.jpg

DSCN2918.jpg

More pics of The Butcher can be see here in my collection thread...
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28173&page=10

Last edited:
I just got my Butcher from a fellow Freak and all I have to say is wow! The pictures really dont do this figure justice. He just looks phenomenal in person. Fantastic job on this one Sideshow! :rock

finally got my butcher in as well.............
db1.jpg

db2.jpg

db3.jpg

i never noticed the sign before i opened him........:duh

kinda goes great with the butcher block. oh he's way in violation of the rules......:lol

i have to say the dead is my favorite line to add accessories to them..............
dedstf.jpg

now i gotta come up with something for the punk....:cool:

Last edited:
Looking great! I got mine today as well and I am glad I got back on the WL after initially canceling. Barryo you making any of those accessories to sell?

Looks great barryo! I love the home made butchers knives!! And the saw looks kick ass too :rock :rock :rock :rock

You do some fine accessory adding :rock :rock :rock

when i took pictures (with flash) of my butcher, he had yellow stuff on his face (like a secret cross dresser). so i had to fix that. anyone else notice or have that?
butch.jpg

p.s. awesome pics King!

oh, you didnt know thats what dead butchers do on the weekends?

not sure on the butcher.... he has more of "zombie fighter" vibe to him than a zombie....
to this day my favorite dead is still the corporate spokesman.

I totally agree, the corporate zombie totally has the "dead" look, best of the bunch so far in my opinion. I mean hes damaged his face is rotted good. The zombies coming out are cool, but dont have enough decomposition in the face and body to really look menacing. I want to see more "normal people" clothed zombies but with shredded up faces and such with different stages of decomposition. When I say decomposition I mean like lacking skin or facial muscles showing through along with skeletal structure starting to protrude through...maybe even stab wounds to the neck or gun shots in the face or maybe even hafl the face blown off from say a shotgun blast.

Just give me some realistic damage to the body as well, like maybe sculpt one with an axe or knife still lodged in his body.

finally got my butcher in as well.............
db1.jpg

db2.jpg

db3.jpg

i never noticed the sign before i opened him........:duh

kinda goes great with the butcher block. oh he's way in violation of the rules......:lol

i have to say the dead is my favorite line to add accessories to them..............
dedstf.jpg

now i gotta come up with something for the punk....:cool:

I too had barryo make me a Butcher's table and accessories. Recieved it the other day. Wow! I'm just blown away by the fine details and your skills!

Thanks so much barryo!:chew:rock:rock

The zombies coming out are cool, but dont have enough decomposition in the face and body to really look menacing. When I say decomposition I mean like lacking skin or facial muscles showing through along with skeletal structure starting to protrude through...maybe even stab wounds to the neck or gun shots in the face or maybe even hafl the face blown off from say a shotgun blast.

Well they did that with the "containment guy" and I think alot of people hated the figure. Might have been the color he was painted in though, not sure people really dug the green color? I think he would have been sweet if he was the same color as the "prophet" or "harbinger". Or maybe people just didnt like all the repainted versions of him and I use the term loosely this figure needed a repaint not just a rethread.

Last edited:
Well they did that with the "containment guy" and I think alot of people hated the figure. Might have been the color he was painted in though, not sure people really dug the green color? I think he would have been sweet if he was the same color as the "prophet" or "harbinger". Or maybe people just didnt like all the repainted versions of him and I use the term loosely this figure needed a repaint not just a rethread.

He was well recieved when we saw the prototype. When the final prodcut came out and he was green instead of "normally" colored, people freaked. I think green is a fairly accecptable zombie skin tone, but it was such a drastic change from the prototype. If he had ended up the same coloring as the proto, he would still be a favorite for many people.

Exactly, the figure differed so far from the Proto that it was a huge WTF? It also doesn't help that TCU Zombie was also caught up in that variant debacle where it was just color change after color change in clothing with no change to the color of the actual figure. The Babysitter and the TCU figures are hated amongst this line because of all the variants and that is completely SSC's fault.

The fact that not a single one of his variants had "corrected" paint closer to the prototype was also adding insult to injury. I mean if they want to make a ton of variants, at least throw us a bone and make one of them resemble the proto. That would have been a welcome variant to most I think.

i was lucky enough to score 8 SIDESHOW 'THE DEAD" figs for less than $30 each. i missed the fedex man twice but caught him today. the butcher immediately caught my eye because of his heft and his fully sculpted forearms/hands. i finished the face, eyes and painted portion of the hair. i am now going to add some real fake hair to augment what it sculpted. this way i can backlight the figure and the little hairs will really make the figure 'come alive' har-har-har.

i placed him under the "epic" JOY + PAIN moniker because he is going to be part of the zombie extras. i plan on repainting and integrating all the SS zombies i scored.

i really wish sideshow would do better pair apps.

SIDESHOW 'THE DEAD' REPAINT by 8-bit commando, on Flickr

Back