The most meh figures of 2012.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My comment shouldn't come as a surprise.
I'm not the first one to say it.
Hot Toys have dramatically upped their game over the last 3 years but this new sculpt is awful, most likely due to the eye system.

You are intitled to that opinion, however I have yet to hear that sentiment echoed by people who own the figure. I say that because unless you see it in-hand you can't really know as this figure is tricky to photograph.

Hot Toys have dramatically upped their game over the last 3 years but this new sculpt is awful, most likely due to the eye system.

The PERS won't win anyone over I must admit. If you haven't liked it on other figures you wouldn't like it on DX10 either. Also I understand what Rorywan was going on about with the softness - he is literally smoother than the MMS117, the skin detail isn't as good. But overall the sculpt is more correct to Arnie. Personally I'll take the DX10 imperfections over the MMS117 imperfections any day of the week.

You are intitled to that opinion, however I have yet to hear that sentiment echoed by people who own the figure. I say that because unless you see it in-hand you can't really know as this figure is tricky to photograph.

I said the same **** about the T2 PF until i saw it in person,the likeness was not nearly as bad as i had thought when i saw pics.

Last edited:
does this one make the cut or is it considered a 2011?

WAKINGDEAD.JPG
not my pic

I'm going to stick with Evilface's list, his thread, his rules...so

For me Avengers Nick Fury, didn't wow me, but I gonna keep it. HS was quite soft, and the un-sculpted neck to base of head sculpt made this aspect of the figure look cheap. But damn, the accessories and tons of hands sort made up for it, a bit.

Hawkeye, with the exception of the costume design, is great; many killer poses with the bow are easily achieved.

Anyone that thinks the DX 10 is meh is not a true Terminator IMHO.:wave

From what I've seen personally, the only time 'tricky to photograph' applies is to paint texture on polystone statues. Flash on cameras tends to wash out the paint apps on polystone.

Hot Toys/Etnerbay 1/6 stuff photographs fine. I own the DX Indy and people say the same thing but the photos and inhand are the same. That is a very average likeness as well, again most likely because of PERS

Really the only difference is that problems get dramatically magnified on 1/6 Hot Toys sculpts when they blown up to 1/2+ for pics. Its the lack of size in real life that you don't notice faults as much.

If that's awful, I hope all of their future sculpts look as bad.

um yeah, my bad .... I didn't realize I wrote 'awful'. That is dramatically overstating things, not sure why I wrote that.
I meant its 'meh' ...which is why I made the post in this thread.

Anyone that thinks the DX 10 is meh is not a true Terminator IMHO.:wave

I own the Enterbay 1/4 Terminator and will buy the upcoming BD one. They are not meh :wave

Also, its because we have comparison to much better Hot Toys Arnie sculpts. The Terminator1 tech noir figure has an amazing likeness.

From what I've seen personally, the only time 'tricky to photograph' applies is to paint texture on polystone statues. Flash on cameras tends to wash out the paint apps on polystone.

Hot Toys/Etnerbay 1/6 stuff photographs fine. I own the DX Indy and people say the same thing but the photos and inhand are the same. That is a very average likeness as well, again most likely because of PERS

Really the only difference is that problems get dramatically magnified on 1/6 Hot Toys sculpts when they blown up to 1/2+ for pics. Its the lack of size in real life that you don't notice faults as much.

um yeah, my bad .... I didn't realize I wrote 'awful'. That is dramatically overstating things, not sure why I wrote that.
I meant its 'meh' ...which is why I made the post in this thread.

I own the Enterbay 1/4 Terminator and will buy the upcoming BD one. They are not meh :wave

Also, its because we have comparison to much better Hot Toys Arnie sculpts. The Terminator1 tech noir figure has an amazing likeness.

Yeah saying that if you don't like this figure means your not a terminator fan thing is overboard, it you don't like it thats cool, your not required to. If you look though the dx10 thread most pics look great, I own the mms117, mms136, dx10 and have the enterbay t-800 on the way:yess: I will say my favorate is the mms136 t1 t-800, then the dx10, then the mms117, can't judge the enterbay yet but will have it next week.

I'm gunna leave it there for this is not the thread to have this discussion, it anyones interested there a t-800 comparison thread in A&R section.

That to me would be asking for a heavily compromised figure that isn't capable of achieving any one look to a sufficient degree of satisfaction. And you certainly wouldn't have gotten that cool liquid metal T-1000.

I have no use for that paperweight.

The PERS won't win anyone over I must admit. If you haven't liked it on other figures you wouldn't like it on DX10 either. Also I understand what Rorywan was going on about with the softness - he is literally smoother than the MMS117, the skin detail isn't as good. But overall the sculpt is more correct to Arnie. Personally I'll take the DX10 imperfections over the MMS117 imperfections any day of the week.

I do notice like wrinkles or light veins on the sides of the DX10 headsculpt which i admire, there is some age to it you just got to examine it more in person, the MMS aged look is a tad overkill.

I will say that i don't really have issues with the PERS on DX10, i like it better then DX Luke and DX12,Indy,DX01 and 02.

You want to talk about soft paint apps and details, look at the Hot Toys Marvel figures Thor(movie) and mainly Captain America both FA(i still like the figure) and Avengers version,Nick Fury kind of looks this way and hawkeye.

I still think Marcus Wright and John Connor and Aldo Raine have some of the finest paint work done in the MMS line for human characters, Bank Robber Joker is great too...the Marvel figures so far are a bit of a step back in the paint detail dept.

I do notice like wrinkles or light veins on the sides of the DX10 headsculpt which i admire, there is some age to it you just got to

There is but where you don't see veins or wrinkles its shiny and smooth which to me isn't as good as MMS117. Same with the body, theres a texture to the bodies of MMS117 and 136 which is now gone on DX10. So I now finally know what Rorywan was on about.

There is but where you don't see veins or wrinkles its shiny and smooth which to me isn't as good as MMS117. Same with the body, theres a texture to the bodies of MMS117 and 136 which is now gone on DX10. So I now finally know what Rorywan was on about.

Reelay?..hmm mine has more of a matte paint finish..weird, i do get you if you mean just the overall skin surface being smoother then it maybe should be because i agree, no shine though.

Reelay?..hmm mine has more of a matte paint finish..weird, i do get you if you mean just the overall skin surface being smoother then it maybe should be because i agree, no shine though.

Well maybe what I'm calling shiny you wouldn't call shiny then because I wouldn't call mine shinier than any other example I've seen online.

1. Like all of the avengers figures. Boring and bland
2. Dx10 terminator. Just looks awful and doll like and like Taylor lautner
2. All those tron figures
3. Noland from predators
4. Angelina from pirates
5. Casual and formal Bruce lee

It's truly pretty bad yes. The first has flaws but this one looks like a pure doll.

If its not awful than its at least a huge step back overall, once the hype of it being new wears off i really belive that most will come to their senses and see that you are right,

I've seen it in hand too so I'm not just going off of the poor pics on the net either.

Looks like Arnold, Taylor waahhh? shaaaadd daaaaap!.

288z0b5.jpg

e89vmt.jpg

2ag0kxw.jpg

i42tzc.jpg

Like i said before, candidate for figure of the year.

It's truly pretty bad yes. The first has flaws but this one looks like a pure doll.

If its not awful than its at least a huge step back overall, once the hype of it being new wears off i really belive that most will come to their senses and see that you are right,

I've seen it in hand too so I'm not just going off of the poor pics on the net either.

Wow. OK. Well, I utterly disagree, in fact I was going to say something along the same lines as you did about people coming to their senses albeit in favour of DX10 over the old one.

I truly believe if MMS117 had been the more recent attempt everyone would be laughing their asses off at that headsculpt and the cartoon proportions.

And DX13, which just about everyone is praising, accuracy issues excepted, is clearly based on the DX10 sculpt and not the MMS117...thank god.

Back