The Marvels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T4i4iE8.jpg

OqQhTet.jpg

MdbIgvf.jpg

GMLY2Yo.jpg

kek2wkh.jpg

3ctA5ca.jpg

3CHxpeh.jpg

Cap Marvel looks to be a colossal bomb.

Fitting as Marvel decided they hated their fans, but loved ESG.

Disney deserves another "L." I hope they sell off their properties to more competent owners.

Cap Marvel looks to be a colossal bomb. Fitting as Marvel decided they hated their fans, but loved ESG. Disney deserves another "L." I hope they sell off their properties to more competent owners.

I see it all as kind of a wasted opportunity if you are going to spend this much money. Two of the major characters are fighter pilots. You also have a multi-verse option to fall back on to create stories that don't impact your "main timeline" Who doesn't love a good dogfight scene?

Put the three major characters into an alternate timeline, where Stark brings back "Jarvis" but not as Vision, but as a quasi human, so Paul Bettany can just play himself and be the villain. Have him kill Stark offscreen ( to write RDJ out), then have him conspire with the Chitauri or anyone else to take over Earth. You'd have a depowered Captain Marvel, with fighter jets and dogfights, along with HeliCarriers in major battle sequences.

I mean this film might be interesting on it's own, with the soft comedy, etc, but my take is when you are under the gun, you don't have much real acting talent, and you are going to spend this much money anyway ( train loads full of cash) then you might as well give everyone a ton of spectacle. You could even bring back the Agents Of Shield cast just to kill them off in a short cameo. Sometimes the family friendly schtick that the MCU rides on isn't giving you the most options. Blow stuff up. Kill lots of people. Have spectacle that opens up all kinds of future merchandising.

Wouldn't it be cool to see a HeliCarrier ram itself on a suicide run to destroy Stark Tower to stop an infestation? Just rain fire and death on everyone. Heroes and bad guys alike. Then Iron Man armors show up and get their lunch handed to them by Justin Hammer's own units of mechs? Think about the toy potential.

Brie Larson is not funny. She's not charming. She's not charismatic. So don't ask her to be that. Just blow lots of stuff up and she happens to be the title character. This is where I vibe with Christopher Nolan. If you are going to spend so much money anyway, then give people something that's true spectacle, that they've never seen before.

Just blow lots of stuff up and she happens to be the title character. This is where I vibe with Christopher Nolan. If you are going to spend so much money anyway, then give people something that's true spectacle, that they've never seen before.
Seems more like a job for Michael Bay. :p

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Got my bingo card ready...
Happy for Zurdo at least he might get a new fig out of it.
But folks all complain trailers spoil the best action scenes ahead of time. If what's in the trailer is the best action it's phenomenally boring.
Reminded me of the Harley Quinn debacle. This might get a mall audience with folks entertaining their kids especially girls.
The most entertaining thing is the cats.

Happy for Zurdo at least he might get a new fig out of it.
But folks all complain trailers spoil the best action scenes ahead of time. If what's in the trailer is the best action it's phenomenally boring.
Reminded me of the Harley Quinn debacle. This might get a mall audience with folks entertaining their kids especially girls.
The most entertaining thing is the cats.
Here’s a big issue; what is the MAIN PLOT ABOUT?

I’m serious. I just watched the newest official trailer and I know some evil girl (name?) is “targeting” her, kinda, and Monica and Kamala are just “there” in that last second of this official trailer.

Even as a fan of the previous movie and characters, I’m still not sure what the “hook” is.

A quick Google search reveals that is, believe it or not, Danvers’ husband. Dude’s name is Prince Yan.

Hahahahaha
:rotfl

Uh oh.... A certain demographic are gonna be pretty mad that she and her bestie Captain Marvel #2 aren't a couple... All their hopes and dreams along with their fan theories as identifying with Cap Marvel are now gone.

Last edited:
Here’s a big issue; what is the MAIN PLOT ABOUT?

I’m serious. I just watched the newest official trailer and I know some evil girl (name?) is “targeting” her, kinda, and Monica and Kamala are just “there” in that last second of this official trailer.

Even as a fan of the previous movie and characters, I’m still not sure what the “hook” is.
Girl power apparently. Like women go to the restrooms in a group, so it's like that, the lonely Captain Marvel needs to learn to be part of a team blah blah to fight the *&^% in the powder room who called one of them fat.

Look, I'm still reeling from the horror that was Secret Invasion. The MCU *&^% writing and utterly tepid scripts that actually steal lines from far better films ("what are you prepared to do") is so cringe it's like reading fan fiction from a 13 year old. With respect to Zurdo, I hope this film bombs like 4 day old pizza you accidently ate.

Because then, maybe then, Disney/MCU will finally quit with the girl power and messages and just tell good stories by writers who have actually read the comics or care about their craft.

Brie is ready to serve when it’s ripe: the outside will be firm, while the inside will be slightly bouncy and resilient. Underripe Brie can be stiff to the touch, while overripe Brie may be creamier and almost runny.

I’m talking about the cheese get your minds out of the gutter lol!!!

Look, I'm still reeling from the horror that was Secret Invasion. The MCU *&^% writing and utterly tepid scripts that actually steal lines from far better films ("what are you prepared to do") is so cringe it's like reading fan fiction from a 13 year old.
You are totally disrespecting 13 year olds with that statement.

Brie is a tasty cheese

Brie is ready to serve when it’s ripe: the outside will be firm, while the inside will be slightly bouncy and resilient. Underripe Brie can be stiff to the touch, while overripe Brie may be creamier and almost runny.

I’m talking about the cheese get your minds out of the gutter lol!!!

Mmmm brie cheese...

C1XzbMP.png

:lol

You are totally disrespecting 13 year olds with that statement.
True, true. It's hard yah know. When a lot of MCU movies have that music fanfare and that iconic shot
of Cap throwing the shield - reminds me of when an MCU movie was an EVENT that you got opening night
tickets for. Just remembering the glory days of fans bickering Team Cap or Team Tony, worldwide.

Now it's lower, faster, further to see how quick this gets to D+. What seems to be some big end cat fight looks like a
reheasal, not a finished product. And boring.

Back