The Lone Ranger movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which means in the context of The Lone Ranger it's not a compliment.
Depp blames the critics for the movies failure,which is absurd.
Capt Jack Tonto was mostly to blame.

The studios massive budget was also a stupid move. No reason they couldn't make this move for 150 million. A lot to do with the studios fault as well.

What didn't help was the star didn't want to promote it and left it all up to Depp. It was botched all the way around. Disney and the press.

As for the price of the combo set, all Disney movies are more but you'll be able to find it cheaper and there will probably be a coupon for it as well.

Most young folks do not like westerns. I don't care who stars in it or what it is about or how good the story is. That is why this failed. The western is dead/dying and its a freakin shame

Most young folks do not like westerns. I don't care who stars in it or what it is about or how good the story is. That is why this failed. The western is dead/dying and its a freakin shame

Django Unchained said otherwise. If the story's good, unique and has a strong cast, anything's possible. The problem with the genre is that it's been beaten into the ground. Unless you do something fresh with it, what's the point?

I agree- LR was finished before it began.....only older folks in the theatre the three times I went to see it...

Django Unchained said otherwise. If the story's good, unique and has a strong cast, anything's possible. The problem with the genre is that it's been beaten into the ground. Unless you do something fresh with it, what's the point?

Django and True Grit are the only Westerns to make any scratch since prolly Wild Wild West, and that was a failure.

It is not a genre to make Summer Blockbusters from.

I sorta Liked Lone Ranger .
I really liked Depp as Tonto ..., and the Direction of Tonto in the Film ...

I did Not care for Old Tonto telling the story in "flash backs" ... while talking with the Kid, That seriously wasn't needed.

But like my Main problem, for me atleast, was The Ranger. I found his story, Direction ... and Focal point just over all "Meh" at best ..., and I really didn't care what He was doing in the Film, and it really took a Backseat Ride to Depp's Tonto imo ...

In with a Movie called " Lone Ranger " ...
It shouldn't have been so . The Ranger should have been the most important Character in the Movie ...., and the Story should have been driven enough to make you want as such.

Just my 2cents on the Real issues with the Film.

Django and True Grit are the only Westerns to make any scratch since prolly Wild Wild West, and that was a failure.

It is not a genre to make Summer Blockbusters from.

Django I knew was going to make it with QT, the actors and writing but true Grit surprised me with its success. It was a true western reminiscent of the old days

So is the William Tell Overture in this film?

I saw a clip on TV and it had the WTO playing. It made me want to finally see this film.

I think I would have wanted to see it in the theaters had they played that theme in the trailers.

So is the William Tell Overture in this film?

I saw a clip on TV and it had the WTO playing. It made me want to finally see this film.

I think I would have wanted to see it in the theaters had they played that theme in the trailers.

Yes it is.. It's a good fun film

I enjoyed it... Very nostalgic and entertaining for me. I miss the days when a good reliable western was always about. A rarity nowadays. Hope you enjoy it

Hell on wheels!

Western is one of my favorite genre. Hell on Wheels is okay but I find myself sitting there thinking that I wish it was Deadwood. Not sure if it is the acting or style... Something doesn't feel right about Hell on Wheels. But I will watch it till the end simply because we don't have many western options.

As for The Lone Ranger, very fun flick if you don't take it too seriously. For whatever reason, the critics bashed the film before it was even finished being filmed. I had low expectations when seeing it and I am sure that helped in my being surprised how fun it was.

For those with kids who have seen this, what are your thoughts on a 5 and 7 year old seeing this? My two boys really want to see this, but I want to know what I can expect before I let them watch it or not.

Thanks!!

For those with kids who have seen this, what are your thoughts on a 5 and 7 year old seeing this? My two boys really want to see this, but I want to know what I can expect before I let them watch it or not.

Thanks!!

Don't have to have kids to alert you that this is a rather brutal film for its rating and Disney producing it. When grown adults kind of say, "did I just see that," you know it might be a little questionably for young kids.

Back