The Lone Ranger movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really doesn't stand much of a chance. Pacific Rim this weekend, Turbo (another kid's movie) on the 17, RED 2 and RIPD on the 19th and then Wolverine and Smurfs 2 after that.

It's dead, I hate to say. I think it will eventually make 100 million plus, but with the money they poured into it, it's a loss.

:exactly::lecture

It really doesn't stand much of a chance. Pacific Rim this weekend, Turbo (another kid's movie) on the 17, RED 2 and RIPD on the 19th and then Wolverine and Smurfs 2 after that.

It's dead, I hate to say. I think it will eventually make 100 million plus, but with the money they poured into it, it's a loss.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't think it'll be anything other than a loss. I was just wondering if it'll go down a total sinkhole or show moderate legs. I feel like this was meant more as a family film (that skewed towards teens... which makes the violence in it a bit weird...) and not a kids movie. So I don't see Turbo or Smurfs 2 being much competition. Same with Red. I guess RIPD might be, but I feel like that's going to fail pretty hard at the box office, myself.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't think it'll be anything other than a loss. I was just wondering if it'll go down a total sinkhole or show moderate legs. I feel like this was meant more as a family film (that skewed towards teens... which makes the violence in it a bit weird...) and not a kids movie. So I don't see Turbo or Smurfs 2 being much competition. Same with Red. I guess RIPD might be, but I feel like that's going to fail pretty hard at the box office, myself.

I think RIPD looks great myself. I know a lot of people dislike Ryan Reynolds but he doesn't bother me. Jeff Bridges erases all that. :lol

And it was a kids movie that killed The Long Ranger so adding more to it will just drive it downwards more.

I think RIPD looks great myself. I know a lot of people dislike Ryan Reynolds but he doesn't bother me. Jeff Bridges erases all that. :lol

And it was a kids movie that killed The Long Ranger so adding more to it will just drive it downwards more.

I like Ryan Reynolds, I think he's funny. Loved him in "National Lampoon's Van Wilder" and "Waiting". Plus he was married to Scarlett Johansson.
Scarlett+Johansson.jpg
:yess:

Yes the photo is oversized, it's life size.

I like both Ryan Reynolds (though not as Green Lantern) and Jeff Bridges, but something about RIPD just seemed kind of... cheap. I don't know, I could be wrong... it just feels like one of those genre things that's gonna fall flat.

Saw this today and it was so much fun!I don't think I heard that much laughter from the crowd since Iron Man 1 and the Avengers.I never saw the Lone Ranger tv show,but when the William Tell Overture kicked in it was amazing:clapIt's quite sad to see the bad box office numbers:(

:goodpost::exactly:

A film that was not only well made but a real crowd pleaser. Too bad no crowds.
Saw it today for second time and brought wife and eight year old daughter.
I had to run out with them to get prop mask, badge and White hat. Suffice to say they loved it.

I'm really tempted to get some of the LEGO sets. I got the NECA figures which are fantastic.

I like Ryan Reynolds, I think he's funny. Loved him in "National Lampoon's Van Wilder" and "Waiting". Plus he was married to Scarlett Johansson.
:yess:

Yes the photo is oversized, it's life size.

He traded Scarlett in for her.......

Blake-Lively-Wallpaper-3.jpg

Saw it for free. None of my kids were interested, so they stayed home. It felt about 45 minutes too long. Way more violent than I expected--probably a record for most people shot and killed in a Disney movie. Fine for teenagers, but younger kids will be more interested in Despicable Me 2.

Saw it for free. None of my kids were interested, so they stayed home. It felt about 45 minutes too long. Way more violent than I expected--probably a record for most people shot and killed in a Disney movie. Fine for teenagers, but younger kids will be more interested in Despicable Me 2.

I was more interested in Despicable me 2. :lol

The Lone Ranger does. And always has. Except for now, because apparently modern audiences are too lame to adapt their sensibilities. These movies have to be so cookie-cutter now, with everything spelled out. And of course it just HAD to be an origin story, wasting 2 hours of screen time. F that. Have fun. Let the Lone Ranger be the Lone Ranger.

Just like the JW Superman Theme.... ;)

Yeah, this is going to bomb. John Carter is a much better film than TLR. If Disney had advertised John Carter the way they did TLR it would have done much better.

Man if John Carter was better then TLR must be just awful.

Not that John Carter was awful... But completely boring and unmemorable.

Man if John Carter was better then TLR must be just awful.

Not that John Carter was awful... But completely boring and unmemorable.

Once again we disagree. I didn't think John Carter was either of those. :lecture

I loved John Carter.amazing movie. wish there was even a chance of a sequel. Made me go back and read all the books.

so much potential never to be seen on the screen.damn shame!

Just like the JW Superman Theme.... ;)

I won't disagree with that. JW's Superman theme is not only iconic... it's transcending and can elevate material on its own. They don't make them like that anymore. :( But there was no way MOS was gonna happen on Nolan's watch without Zimmer doing the score. That was a lost cause, I'm afraid.

Back to LONE RANGER... As far from great as it is, it's sad to see it do this poorly. I'm still a fan of the subject matter, and they dropped the ball in many areas, but it deserved better. Worse films have been much more successful (including many of Depp's other recent efforts).

I won't disagree with that. JW's Superman theme is not only iconic... it's transcending and can elevate material on its own. They don't make them like that anymore. :( But there was no way MOS was gonna happen on Nolan's watch without Zimmer doing the score. That was a lost cause, I'm afraid.

Back to LONE RANGER... As far from great as it is, it's sad to see it do this poorly. I'm still a fan of the subject matter, and they dropped the ball in many areas, but it deserved better. Worse films have been much more successful (including many of Depp's other recent efforts).

Couldn't agree more. The sad part is that the climax was the highlight of the film, and that's where the Ranger flourished. It's sad that we'll never get to see that potential reached further in a sequel.

Anyone else want to stand up and cheer at the end of the William Tell Overture sequence?

Can't stop thinking about. That's the most fun I've had in a theater in a long time. The audience was loving it too, we had cheers at the end in mine. I love when LR comes through the inside of the train shooting with both hands to the other car.

Can't stop thinking about. That's the most fun I've had in a theater in a long time. The audience was loving it too, we had cheers at the end in mine. I love when LR comes through the inside of the train shooting with both hands to the other car.

You and I both- my family loved it! My 8 year old daughter made us take her to Disney store after to get the hat, then TRU to get the badge and mask.
Sad this film is taking a critical drubbing from the media...

Ok I just came back from watching it with my co-worker. None of her friends wanted to see it and I was curious about it.

I really loved it. I didn't know what to expect since I didn't know anything about the TV Series, but personally enjoyed it. I don't remember the last movie where everyone laughed at the right moments.

Sure it was not the perfect movie, it had it's cliche moments, but I really had fun. I like the fact all the chinese laborers spoke cantonese haha.

I was surprised that it was a Disney Production. I'm sure everyone I know will hate me because I like this movie sadly.

Back