The Jungle Book

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched it yesterday and thought it was superb. The voice work and CGI were top notch.

I just wished Kaa could have been used a little more in the film instead of an exposition piece for Mowgli.

Absolutely fantastic. The CGI was off the hook! Felt very much like a practical effects movie, which is pretty much the biggest compliment you can pay a film that was 99% blue and green screens. The voice overs were perfect. Bill Murray as Baloo could be the best voice over EVER! The kid as Mowgli was literally perfect. He encapsulated the cartoon Mowgli perfectly. Nice to see Riddick looking like a complete tool again!

Yep perfect movie I loved it! Fantastic movie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

This is how you adapt a comic/animated film into live-action. Incredible film. Unreal CGI. Favreau did an amazing job.

As an aside I'm very happy that they didn't white wash this movie like everything else in Hollywood. Glad they cast an actual 'brown' actor to play the part of Mogli.

I have to echo what so many others have said, remarkable CGI, especially since so much was used. Very entertaining from beginning to end!

Apparently Disney is continuing with their conspiracy! Of making great movies, that is.

Saw this movie this afternoon and i echo the same thoughts. It was an amazing film for both kids and adults.
Bill Murray (Baloo), Kingsley (Bagheera), Idris Alba (Shere Khan) and the kid (Mowgli) were fantastic in their roles.

Love the movie. Still like the original better but eh. I didn't like the ending at all. Just feels to abrupt but thats me.

I really want to see this. But the shere (heh) size of all the characters totally takes me out of the movie. They are all enormous... to almost cartoon proportions.

This is how you adapt a comic/animated film into live-action.
By writin' boring dialogues, addin' meaningless plot points and cuttin' character interactions for pointless action? :lol
Sorry but this is goin' too far. By no means this lifeless movie is a good film adaptation of a classic cartoon.

I just saw that Frank Welker is getting a lifetime achievement Emmy, and I do wish professional voice actors were still able to get headline work in theatrical cartoons/CG stuff.
Yeah, there are so many talented voice actors yet they get nothing when it comes to theatrical stuff. :monkey2

I may have to see this one. Everyone is saying how great it was....glad to hear. Happy for the Director of Iron Man and Chef.

Chef was a fun movie on Netflix - highly recommended.

Back