Premium Format The Joker ‘The Dark Knight’ - 1/4 Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight Joker

It's a Premium Format figure...how is this overpriced??

When did you start collecting PFs? I think when I got my first one, the standard price was $400, and I'm sure they were less before then. Sideshow has increased their prices the past year or so, I'm guessing to compete with others? Or maybe just to make more money. :huh

I started collecting PF's when they were like $340 now $550 seems to be the norm now..

It is overpriced. I have several PF's that were better builds and came in at $100 less.

I started collecting PF's when they were like $340 now $550 seems to be the norm now..

Yup! Even logged into my SS account to double check :thud:

It is overpriced. I have several PF's that were better builds and came in at $100 less.

I challenge anyone who owns the nathan drake PF (one that i own that i bought for $350) and who will eventually own this guy to try n tell me that the build, qc, pose, etc isn't better on the drake piece...oh... and with an ES of 500 for the EX...sigh

Yeah this is a pretty interesting thread regarding the positives and negatives. One negative Im not really getting is the portrait. Id like to see some comparison images and reasons why people dont like his face. I myself only dislike the EX detonator, but as a Canadian whos local dealer cant get ex's I'm selfishly happy it sucks so I dont need to pay more and order it thru SS.

Comparison pictures are not needed, the sculpt resembles a cro magnon man with prominent brow bone and chin, giving it an ugly looking appearance (to some). Others will like the look of the sculpt because despite those flaws, SS nailed the Joker's expression and thus, captures the essence of the TDK Joker . Regardless, I can't see any likeness to Ledger (not saying there isn't any), it does capture the Joker but not Ledger as the Joker IMO. Which is a shame for me because unlike a lot of others on here I think everything else about the statue looks quite good.

Last edited:

Not feeling this one at all. Plus 500.00 on top of that, it really makes me critique it harder. Missed opportunity imo. Was looking forward to this. Will wait for price drop before even considering. Those who like it glad you do, but for me a disappointment.

Despite the criticism I can almost bet that it will sell well because of the character and the actor. Some people feel cornered and will pick him up because of no other PF's in this class out there at the time.

I think their first PF, Count Orlok, was $150 -- a poly head and a wire armature body. They've definitely come a long way since then. Some of my older PFs, like Wyatt Earp and Vlad the Impaler, I paid in the $250-$275 range and they have stood the test of time. Some of the older PFs really are fantastic. Just because we are paying $500 now doesn't mean we are getting anything any better.

Prices are too much for what they are putting out. Some exceptions like spidey

Some people feel cornered and will pick him up because of no other PF's in this class out there at the time.

I'm glad I don't feel that way. It's not bad if you look at it as a caricature of Heath Ledger Joker, so I can see why some might pick it up. I need more realism in a statue based on a real person, and IMO this missed the mark.

Not feeling this one at all. Plus 500.00 on top of that, it really makes me critique it harder. Missed opportunity imo. Was looking forward to this. Will wait for price drop before even considering. Those who like it glad you do, but for me a disappointment.

That's pretty much my feelings too. I was waiting for this one to decide if I would get Bale Batman. Oh well, more money to spend elsewhere I guess.

We have a year for this thread to grow with discontent... then when it comes out.. If and I say "if" it's really nice the same folks who have condemned this statue for a year... will be praising it's song.. it's the circle of life here on the SSC board.. soo funny.

We have a year for this thread to grow with discontent... then when it comes out.. If and I say "if" it's really nice the same folks who have condemned this statue for a year... will be praising it's song.. it's the circle of life here on the SSC board.. soo funny.

It's not the paint job or the qc being perfect that will make the statue for them. They just simply don't like it.

People who hate usually still come and post they hate it every day.

Actually I think this will sell really well BECAUSE it's the Ledger Joker. This piece will appeal to the guy that buys maybe one or two collectibles as well as us maniacs.

When did you start collecting PFs? I think when I got my first one, the standard price was $400, and I'm sure they were less before then. Sideshow has increased their prices the past year or so, I'm guessing to compete with others? Or maybe just to make more money. :huh

My first PF was $324.99
I'm not saying people should love paying $500 for a piece but Dark Phoenix, Gamora and Captain Marvel all have the $500 price tag.
I just don't get why this particular piece is upsetting everyone when it comes to price
Sideshow has said in the past that the prices will increase every year guaranteed due to production cost, materials, etc - that's a given
I respect everyone here, I love my fellow freaks but this thread is really frustrating me so I think I'm going to go away now :lol

Back