Premium Format The Joker ‘The Dark Knight’ - 1/4 Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight Joker

People on this board are (in big part) not the same of StatueForum and the over 10000 people on Facebook's group are not "all" the same here on this board.

I think you are wrong about that. The people that post anyway are very active. Heck, the same people show up on Rebel Scum and Statue Marvels too. How do you think I know that, because I migrate there in times of boredom myself! Half the time, they are cut and paste posts from multiple places, as if those golden nuggets of wisdom are too precious to risk losing to retyping.

Anyway, my daughter who is not a collector sent me pic's of this when she first saw it with several hearts in the message asking if I was going to get it.

I think you are wrong about that. The people that post anyway are very active. Heck, the same people show up on Rebel Scum and Statue Marvels too. How do you think I know that, because I migrate there in times of boredom myself! Half the time, they are cut and paste posts from multiple places, as if those golden nuggets of wisdom are too precious to risk losing to retyping.

Anyway, my daughter who is not a collector sent me pic's of this when she first saw it with several hearts in the message asking if I was going to get it.

Plenty, most people on Facebook do NOT post on the boards. I can tell by the fact that people who post on the boards need to warn and warn and warn again the Facebook users of scammers like Abdel Koh and his new bulls--t company XionArt. There's A LOT of people buying that s--t with no knowledge whatsoever of what happened and you can tell they're newer collectors that don't really read the boards. Talking of hundreds of people.

After looking at a person's ComicCon youtube video, it looks like it will be a great sculpt. Preordered today!

Plenty, most people on Facebook do NOT post on the boards. I can tell by the fact that people who post on the boards need to warn and warn and warn again the Facebook users of scammers like Abdel Koh and his new bulls--t company XionArt. There's A LOT of people buying that s--t with no knowledge whatsoever of what happened and you can tell they're newer collectors that don't really read the boards. Talking of hundreds of people.

What's the story with Xion Art?

Well to be fair there's tons of people who don't know about him on the boards too but there's also a ton of people who do know and choose to deal with him any way.

Well to be fair there's tons of people who don't know about him on the boards too but there's also a ton of people who do know and choose to deal with him any way.

It's crazy, makes me want to rip my eyes off every time I see someone advertising his stuff around and luring other people into it

Being I am new to this hobby I try to read up on the posts in this forum and see what people think about certain figures and statues and compare that to what I see. At times I agree with people and other times I disagree with their posts, but leave it at that. In the end, there is no right and wrong answer. Everyone has different tastes and sees things differently. As with this Joker PF statue, I have likes and dislikes, but the positives outweigh the negatives and with that I PO'd this statue as my first big purchase from SS. I know it's a year away, but I hope they can fix a few things to make this more appealing, but if not, I will be content either way.

Yeah, it's weird, all my non-collector friends like this one more than the Arkham Asylum Joker. I feel like this will still be around for coupon eligibility, since the Batman is already getting the 5% off deal for some people, but now I'm not sure if I should jump on the waitlist for Arkham Joker since it's almost guaranteed to convert instantly. Just don't know if I'll have room for everything.

I think arkham joker much better than this in every way. The pose, the sculpt even the base is much more better than this one. I think if you are ledger fans u should get this one, the prime one will be in 1/2 scale and its gonna be hell lot of cash. Im still not like this pf specially the base looks weird to me

I don't buy these thing to invest, but with DK exclusive limited edition and this one exclusive limited edition I think if I wanted to unload them both in the future shouldn't have much of an issue. Thoughts?

I don't buy these thing to invest, but with DK exclusive limited edition and this one exclusive limited edition I think if I wanted to unload them both in the future shouldn't have much of an issue. Thoughts?

As long as you don't plan on making any money. With this market you are lucky to break even.

Yep unless you plan on keeping it new in box there's no guarantee :lol

New in the box these days is really subjective. I'm finding it way better to buy a piece that has been opened and inspected by a prior owner than something sealed. I know you are trusting that person give you their interpretation of a good clean piece, but if they are already a collector than they may have a better QC eye than the factory did.

New in the box these days is really subjective. I'm finding it way better to buy a piece that has been opened and inspected by a prior owner than something sealed. I know you are trusting that person give you their interpretation of a good clean piece, but if they are already a collector than they may have a better QC eye than the factory did.

Absolutely...sealed new in box and sold 3 years later could lead to broken, or QC issues left unknown.. plus it's not a car.. if it sits on a shelf in a case who cares.. it's not like these are being played with..:)

With Qc being what it is, you might be right however I prefer new personally as I am a bit particular about these things! Maybe I've just been lucky with my purchases :)

With Qc being what it is, you might be right however I prefer new personally as I am a bit particular about these things! Maybe I've just been lucky with my purchases :)

Understood. I love opening that new piece for the first time enjoying the caustic smell. The idea here is for the manufacture to get you high on fumes, so you will over look the actual piece and just put in on your shelf.

All kidding aside, I guess when you have actually experienced getting poor QC, or a broken piece, you start to want every piece opened and inspected before someone ships. I do get what you are saying. I personally wear gloves when handling any of my collection. I also collect Transformers and many of them have Chrome. So wearing gloves as a rule for anything I collect is a must. You can wash you hands before handling, but natural skin still has oils that can degrade the finish. You may not know it now, but come back to that piece in a year and look at it. In the case of Chrome you can defiantly see embedded finger prints.

:)

Back