the "is this movie any good" thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone seen REC or the remake Quarantine? Also does anyone have any opinon on the French horror flick Frontier(s)?

Has anyone seen REC or the remake Quarantine? Also does anyone have any opinon on the French horror flick Frontier(s)?

I really liked Quarantine. I thought it was scary as hell. I must've jumped like a dozen times :lol Very good on the scares. I haven't seen the REC yet but if you're looking for a good horror film that's foreign than you should watch The Orphanage. It's fantastic! The scares are great and the story is really good.

I genuinely hate Cannibal Holocaust. And I don't say that about many movies.

other them killing that baby rat and that turtle for the hell of it. it was pretty good.

now on the other hand this movie sucked ass

jess francos- cannibals

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/fMlb6pjlho0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/fMlb6pjlho0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I really liked Quarantine. I thought it was scary as hell. I must've jumped like a dozen times :lol Very good on the scares. I haven't seen the REC yet but if you're looking for a good horror film that's foreign than you should watch The Orphanage. It's fantastic! The scares are great and the story is really good.

Thanks Morbach. I haven't seen The Orphanage either. I think I'll rent that one tonight.

I'll take that as a seal of approval. I'll try and watch it this weekend.

ok.. I'm a huge Seth Rogan fan but what was Zack and Miri like ?. Still not seen it...

I am a big fan of most of kevin smiths movies too so with them combined I'm looking forward to this one. God knows why I didn't manage to get to the cinema for it. :monkey4

I'm a huge Fright Night fan but never saw the 2nd one. Has anyone seen it and is it worth seeing?

I never saw the Phantasm sequels either....

I'm a huge Fright Night fan but never saw the 2nd one. Has anyone seen it and is it worth seeing?

I never saw the Phantasm sequels either....

I've seen Fright Night 2, but I can't remember a dang thing about it. The Phantasm sequels are all worth seeing. 2 is very good, the others mildly entertaining, but worth seeing.

I've seen Fright Night 2, but I can't remember a dang thing about it. The Phantasm sequels are all worth seeing. 2 is very good, the others mildly entertaining, but worth seeing.
I've been wanting to see Phantasm III since reading this review. I wish Blockbuster still rented VHS tapes so I might see part II first.

The director's cut is top-notch.

You HAVE to watch the director's cut, I thought the theatrical was pretty bad as well. The added storyline with the queen's son, etc was well worth it - it was a totally different film!

:clap

g

It's not as good as the first one. But there some good moments, like the bowing scene. And it's good to see Roddy McDowell's character again. But it really misses Chris Sarandon

Thanks. I gotta check them out. I'm going to see about ordering them online for a cheap price because my blockbuster doesn't have any of these for rent. So buying them is the only way I'll see them so I hope they're good.

I just saw Phantasm 3 at the mall on dvd,so you might be in luck in seeing about renting it on dvd since they don't have vhs.
The thing is, Phantasm 1, 3, and 4 were all released on DVD not long ago. 2, however, was not, because of licensing issues or some such thing. So, it would have to be VHS or a bootleg DVD of some kind (unless things have changed since last I heard).

Back