Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waaaagggh waaaaagh open ES... can we talk about something else now?

I think I'm going to dye the pants purple when I get this. Might apply the die to a facecloth and gently rub it in the pants. What do you guys think? Any master dye'ers out there?

I think you should do it yourself. Don't worry, if you ____ it up, you can always get another one because this piece has an open ES. :wink1:

No, no you are not.

ponyfacepalm.jpg

And thank god for that :exactly:

I have to ask.

So what is SS to do to make you happy? I am not asking that with any ill intent. I want to make sure that first sentence does not come off harsh.

I mean

Open Edition on Hulk = Pissed
High Number closed edition on Batman = Pissed
Low Number closed edition on Droids = Pissed

Now as far as the Optimus Prime increase. I can see being angry there. Because if you ordered expecting there to be only so many made and then SS boost it up. That is messed up.

Consistency in availability, price and edition size. :dunno
And what I buy not being worth less than what I pay for it after I buy it cos that is what bloated and open edition sizes means.

Hulk is mine!

Yes!

PO yesterday! Now crossing my fingers for Feb 2013.

I have never bought a Hulk statue from anyone until now. This HULK meets all my high demands and expectations that I look for in a model! HULK ROCKS!

Way to go SS.

To those of you have ordered this, congrats. It's a AWESOME looking statue. It will look great displayed in your collections.

I have struggled with this. The Hulk is one of my very favorite characters. I have seen many people state their displeasure with the open ES and still order the piece anyway. I understand. It's a great looking piece of a very popular character. This will cause many to bend and get this ONE piece.

Since I like the character so much, I almost broke and said F it a few times and ordered this piece. After thinking about it, I have decided against purchasing this piece. SSC will not get a penny from me on ANY open ES statue or other collectible. I refuse to purchase ANYTHING from SSC that doesn't have a closed ES. For my own reasons, I feel very strongly about this topic and will not support any open ES from any company I collect from. The reason is simple. I feel that by buying this piece from SSC, I'm supporting SSC's decision to implement more open ES on future releases. I don't want to take a stand later. I feel I must do it now.

If SSC increasingly starts to use open ES on characters I like, I will stop collecting from SSC. I will sell off some of my pieces and keep a select few that are very dear to me. The ones that I just can't part with. That will be the end game for me.

What I find most hilarious while I read this thread is the so called HUGE Hulk fans that ridiculed anyone who didn't buy this maquette because of the open ES topic. These are the same peeps who laugh at collectors because they have to pay thousands of dollars for the Hulk PF. Why? Because it's rare and limited to 500 pieces. They take joy in how much it's worth and how hard it is to aquire. I wish SSC would reopen the ES on the original PF and make it a limited edition release. These same guys would cry like little girls if that were to happen. :lol

:yess::clap Perfectly said. I took the same stand as you. I wish someone from Sideshow would comment on that whole OE.

Hulk is mine!

Yes!

I have never bought a Hulk statue from anyone until now. This HULK meets all my high demands and expectations that I look for in a model! HULK ROCKS!

Way to go SS.

:clap congrats on your purchase and on your first post on this forum.

To those of you have ordered this, congrats. It's a AWESOME looking statue. It will look great displayed in your collections.

I have struggled with this. The Hulk is one of my very favorite characters. I have seen many people state their displeasure with the open ES and still order the piece anyway. I understand. It's a great looking piece of a very popular character. This will cause many to bend and get this ONE piece.

Since I like the character so much, I almost broke and said F it a few times and ordered this piece. After thinking about it, I have decided against purchasing this piece. SSC will not get a penny from me on ANY open ES statue or other collectible. I refuse to purchase ANYTHING from SSC that doesn't have a closed ES. For my own reasons, I feel very strongly about this topic and will not support any open ES from any company I collect from. The reason is simple. I feel that by buying this piece from SSC, I'm supporting SSC's decision to implement more open ES on future releases. I don't want to take a stand later. I feel I must do it now.

If SSC increasingly starts to use open ES on characters I like, I will stop collecting from SSC. I will sell off some of my pieces and keep a select few that are very dear to me. The ones that I just can't part with. That will be the end game for me.

What I find most hilarious while I read this thread is the so called HUGE Hulk fans that ridiculed anyone who didn't buy this maquette because of the open ES topic. These are the same peeps who laugh at collectors because they have to pay thousands of dollars for the Hulk PF. Why? Because it's rare and limited to 500 pieces. They take joy in how much it's worth and how hard it is to aquire. I wish SSC would reopen the ES on the original PF and make it a limited edition release. These same guys would cry like little girls if that were to happen. :lol

:exactly::goodpost:: wow so true. Great posts. :clap I know if I own that first hulk and they did this I would cry like who knows what. Then I would quit collecting in this no longer collectible over saturated hobby.

Hulk is mine!

Yes!

Way to go SS.

Sure hope you introduced yourself in the introductions section:slap:lol
Oh, and congrats on your 1st post and Hulk Purchase:wink1:

ya this one wont hold value. smart move is to wait and find one discounted somewhere, sometime if your patient. after seeing it at the con i dont see the 650 value in it.. to me its worth maybe half that giving it the eyeball test. no thanks.

whatever, i have 16 other hulk sculpts to enjoy..

I think this looks awesome. I would love to own one but I don't know if I can come to terms with the price. Almost pulled the trigger yesterday. Still got to think about it. Congrats to those that did.

Back