Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
filip: After thinking about it, I have decided against purchasing this piece. SSC will not get a penny from me on ANY open ES statue or other collectible. I refuse to purchase ANYTHING from SSC that doesn't have a closed ES. For my own reasons, I feel very strongly about this topic and will not support any open ES from any company I collect from. The reason is simple. I feel that by buying this piece from SSC, I'm supporting SSC's decision to implement more open ES on future releases.

I wish you luck in trying to change Sideshow's modus operandi with your one little account. Seriously, because you are going to need it.

I think I'm going to dye the pants purple when I get this. Might apply the die to a facecloth and gently rub it in the pants. What do you guys think? Any master dye'ers out there?

That's a huge risk to take on a $600 collectible.... plus you have no idea how the dye would react with the paint they use.

Dye is not real easy to work with in the first place; good luck to you but I would never do this in 1000 years.

To those of you have ordered this, congrats. It's a AWESOME looking statue. It will look great displayed in your collections.

I have struggled with this. The Hulk is one of my very favorite characters. I have seen many people state their displeasure with the open ES and still order the piece anyway. I understand. It's a great looking piece of a very popular character. This will cause many to bend and get this ONE piece.

Since I like the character so much, I almost broke and said F it a few times and ordered this piece. After thinking about it, I have decided against purchasing this piece. SSC will not get a penny from me on ANY open ES statue or other collectible. I refuse to purchase ANYTHING from SSC that doesn't have a closed ES. For my own reasons, I feel very strongly about this topic and will not support any open ES from any company I collect from. The reason is simple. I feel that by buying this piece from SSC, I'm supporting SSC's decision to implement more open ES on future releases. I don't want to take a stand later. I feel I must do it now.

If SSC increasingly starts to use open ES on characters I like, I will stop collecting from SSC. I will sell off some of my pieces and keep a select few that are very dear to me. The ones that I just can't part with. That will be the end game for me.

What I find most hilarious while I read this thread is the so called HUGE Hulk fans that ridiculed anyone who didn't buy this maquette because of the open ES topic. These are the same peeps who laugh at collectors because they have to pay thousands of dollars for the Hulk PF. Why? Because it's rare and limited to 500 pieces. They take joy in how much it's worth and how hard it is to aquire. I wish SSC would reopen the ES on the original PF and make it a limited edition release. These same guys would cry like little girls if that were to happen. :lol

:clap:clap:clap

This is sports cards and comic books all over again.

The movie avenger set is already made with the release of this hulk. There is no need for another version of movie pfs just to have a slightly different uniform that was worn in the avenger movie vs the individual hero movies. I mean thor is thor, bw is bw..etc..

anyway they wont make another movie version pf anyway, not for a long time. So this is it for the avenger set, mission accomplished!

now onto DC justice league!

:yess::yess::yess:

I love the Hulk, he is one of my favorite characters that SSC has the license for, and was waiting to PO this because this is the definitive HULK to me, regardless of it being a movie maquette.

The OES thing really does have me stuck though. I just feel like between the price and the OES, SSC is really F#@$ing collectors over.

I think the price is ridiculously high. The Batman PF is a more popular character, has almost exactly the same dimensions, and is has a CLOSED ES, and is still high priced at $250 less!!!

They make it even worse they are making it an OES?? It just makes me feel like they are sitting back and cackling at all who PO this right now. That is how blatant the reaming is on this piece to me.

I am looking at this as someone who has trouble affording this hobby at times. Waiting this and buying on the secondary market a month or two after it comes out will save at least 15 - 20%.

That is the only way I think I'll buy this. It is about saving money for me. I also just can't see acting like another sheep in the heard when $$$ is somewhat limited, and SSC is treating loyal customers like $#&% on this one too.

Was just wondering how having this great Hulk sculpt as an open edition, for possibly years(?), affect future Hulk releases?

I mean will future Hulk releases be delayed? Will future pricing for new Hulk releases be as high, as to maintain interest in this version? And what will we be paying for a true 1/4 scale version in the future?:dunno

I know its only speculation, but some how I dread to know the answers to these questions.:slap

You should get $2k for it. How about Cammy? Surely you don't need 2 of her with future DC, ARH and other SSC pieces coming.

You know there is a Cammy for sale in sale/trade thread right now or do like messing with Averone?

I have to ask.
So what is SS to do to make you happy? I am not asking that with any ill intent. I want to make sure that first sentence does not come off harsh.
I mean
Open Edition on Hulk = Pissed
High Number closed edition on Batman = Pissed
Low Number closed edition on Droids = Pissed

Make all preorders TBD. That way Sideshow is able to sell as many as they can at release, most fans are able to order without worrying that the item will sell out in a few minutes, no more flipper debates, plus the item will most likely not tank in value once it is released. Problem solved.

This open edition thing I really think comes down to how much you really love the character.
Very wrong. I love the character and will get this statue. It is just illogical, irresponsible, and wasteful to preorder this OES statue when I can simply wait for a month after it is released and save 20-30%. Honestly, the more people that preorder this $600 statue the better because that will just flood the market even more. Sometimes, people should really understand economics 101 because this is what Sideshow management is thinking with this one:

hsc0800l.jpg

No, no you are not.
ponyfacepalm.jpg
:lol The day Dave makes Shai a mod :pigfly::pigfly::pigfly:

Last edited:
^
Save several hundred dollars?!
How many are you planning on buying?
Might save a few quid but it would of had someone's grubby hands on it.
Why do you think these will be freely available for less?
No one is buying these to sell on.
I think the people buying these will keep hold, due to the fact these are not an investment, so there won't be a huge secondary market.
Still wish it was closed ES but what can you do? Still want it.

Make all preorders TBD. That way Sideshow is able to sell as many as they can at release, most fans are able to order without worrying that the item will sell out in a few minutes, no more flipper debates, plus the item will most likely not tank in value once it is released. Problem solved.

:exactly:

I look at increased in ES/High ES and open ES very differently.

I know some people pissed with 2000 ES of Batman PF EX.
But to me Batman pf ex is sold out what is the diference if this has 1500 ES and sold out? Once it sold out there will be a high possibility a nice statue from VERY popular character like Batman will go up in value.

Open ES is different kind of animal, it will be available for unknown period of times, everybody can easily buy one at retail anytime they want for a LONG time. It doesn't matter how many they will actually make but the fact that it ALWAYS available for anybody to order anytime at retail price that drives the value down.

I TOTALLY AGREE we CAN'T expect what we buy ALWAYS appreciate in value, THAT'S CRAZY if anyone expect that. There must be some that will appreciate and some that will not, even with a closed ES. NOTHING GUARANTEE A RETURN IN THIS WORLD. I totally get that.

With the open ES though it's GUARANTEE the value will drop, no other possibility unless Sideshow stop making it.

I am just overwhelmed within a couple weeks Sideshow announced 3 open ES products for non LSF: Galactus Maquette, DROM PF (regular) and Huk Maquette.

I never thought they would make a regular version of a PF that has an EX as an open ES, but they did with a DROM PF, that kind of CONCERNING to me.

Very wrong. I love the character and will get this statue. It is just illogical, irresponsible, and wasteful to preorder this OES statue when I can simply wait for a month after it is released and save 20-30%. Honestly, the more people that preorder this $600 statue the better because that will just flood the market even more. Sometimes, people should really understand economics 101 because this is what Sideshow management is thinking with this one:

Then what are you complaing about?? You are going to pick up a character you love at half the original price. My point was if you really love this character you will probably get it regardless of edition size.

As I continue to read can understand where some of you are coming from. Those that want to just flip the items I could care less about your opinions but others I can understand. This is an expensive Hobby and it is nice to know that if the time came and you wanted to sell you could at least get your funds back.

Like I said I have done this a few times over the years so I can buy better versions of characters (my TOD Indy is much better then my ROTLA Indy) or because items that are more important to me are coming down the line (Batman is more important to me then Terminator) or if I have to sell because my projector craps the bed (Original PF Hulk).

So yes it's nice to have a closed edition.

I think when an Item is an open edition you have to ask yourself, How much do you love the character or item for sale, how great is the sculpt, and if need be are you willing to sell it for less it's value down the road. If you say no to any of these then you should stay clear of OE.

Personally I can yes to all three of these. I just think this piece is fantastic and is by far the best version of Hulk out there, even though it's based on a film and not the comics. Of course the film version is based on the comics so does it really matter :)

In fact if someone asked me if I could only pick one and never have the other and the choice was the Hulk PF or this maquette, I would pick this new Hulk. Even though I could sell the Hulk and get 1500.00 for it I would still pick this hulk because I have to have a Hulk for my collection and I want what I see as the best Hulk out there.

I am done with arguing about the OE and I hope that SS makes decisions in the future with the collectors in mind. That way great pieces like this won't have their threads clutterd up with 50 pages of complaints.

Last edited:
This open edition thing I really think comes down to how much you really love the character.

If he is a fav character and a great sculpt I don't think you will care as much.

If you like the character or just like the statue itself then you get annoyed because you can see yourself wanting to sell in the future and you want to get your money back or make some sort of profit.

If you don't care about a character at all or hate the sculpt I would not think it would matter to you either way.

Jaws, have read your posts, & you generally come off as an OK kinda guy. BUT, I suspect you've been swimming in shallow waters for way too long. Come to the deep end my friend, & you may sober-up, & realize da big picture.:wink1:

^
Save several hundred dollars?!
How many are you planning on buying?
Might save a few quid but it would of had someone's grubby hands on it.
Why do you think these will be freely available for less?
No one is buying these to sell on.
I think the people buying these will keep hold, due to the fact these are not an investment, so there won't be a huge secondary market.
Still wish it was closed ES but what can you do? Still want it.

people always sell, it doesn't matter if it's open ES. The forum only makes up a tiny % of the sales. Even with open ES, this is gonna sell around 3,000 over the years, if not a lot more. This will easily be had for at least $100 cheaper until they close the run.

people always sell, it doesn't matter if it's open ES. The forum only makes up a tiny % of the sales. Even with open ES, this is gonna sell around 3,000 over the years, if not a lot more. This will easily be had for at least $100 cheaper until they close the run.

Why would anyone buy this with the intention of selling and losing $100 plus fees, if using eBay.
There will be some that need to due to personal circumstances but I can't see many being available.
The open ES has stopped the flippers buying.

Back