The Imitation Game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mah45

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just saw this movie. Not sure why this movie hasn't been doing so well.

I thought this movie was fantastic and beautifully directed. It should garner some Academy awards and Oscar votes as the performances by the actors are brilliant especially Cumberbatch as Alan Turing and supporting cast. The movie is based on true events depicting a story and period era during world war II with MI6 trying to figure out the German plan of attacks and how to defeat them. Cumberbatch whom stars and also directed this well written script with fine details to mathematician Alan Turing and his group of scientists from all over the world whom help decode the German Enigma machine over a period of 2 years. They go on to help the British intelligence and their allies defeat Hitler from world domination. As well save millions of lives along the way. The Turing machine or (Christopher he named it) also helped pave the way to how computers are programmed and work today.

This movie has become one of my favorites for 2014.
10/10

Cerebral, character-driven dramas rarely do well. Frankly, this movie's a bit too smart for the general public. (Not enough explosions?) Also, I'm willing to bet that plenty of people are still uncomfortable with the subject matter. No, not the cryptography. I'm talking about the notion that the man who saved so many millions of lives with his amazing brain had the ill fortune to be a homosexual at an inappropriate point in history. So the people that he saved tortured him for it, and drove him to suicide. Stuff like that hurts a society's ego.

Saw the movie today. Great, great film! I think you are right, not enough explosions and mindless blathering for most people. Too bad that a great cerebral film doesn't see the box office success that a film targeted at 13 year old girls does. Cumberbatch was fantastic as Turing and does deserve critical acclaim for his role. Sure to be an Oscar favorite for best actor and film.

Back