The Iceberg Lounge aka GeneralZodLives's Phantom Zone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They'd have to do Bob. He was his number one... guuuyyy.

Lawrence could come with his boom box.:lol I just wish someone could do stuff from that film other than HT. That has to be one of the most bitter disappointments I can think of, as far as untapped potential goes. What we got was amazing, but I wish we lived in a universe where they gave Nicholson the same level of attention as Ledger and, ****, even Leto. I'm sorry, but, considering all the great looks Nicholson had in that film, it's ****ing criminal that there are more Leto figures within the first, what? Two weeks of that film's release? Than there were Nicholson figures in the 6 years since the 89 license was announced. Particularly considering how much they boasted about paying for Jack's likeness rights. I mean, do they have any idea how much money they missed out on? Especially when you think about the fact that several of the looks could've easily made use of the existing sculpt with a simple repaint.

I'd buy a few HT Stamp Zod figures. :lol a great Hackman figure would be fantastic. I met him at Caesars Palace when I lived in Vegas and was so in shock I could barely talk.

I bet :lol always one of my favorite actors. He's retired now and writes books now IIRC.

I still am curious if they can pull off an 89 Batman, and I'd love to see what they could do with Reeve. Right now, I kind of hope DCC will extend their DC Films line to include 89, 78, and, if possible, the 66 movie. I feel like that's our best hope of seeing semi-extensive lines for classic movies.

Reeve and 89 Batman would be must-buys for me as well. It'll be interesting to see if they go into those films since they do already have Harley from SS planned.

Ages ago (I think they mentioned it when Toy Pizza interviewed them, and again on Twitter) they said they had an '89 Batman in the works - apparently they put it on indefinite hiatus (something to do with the likeness and the suit not meeting their standards). I expect they might revisit it now they've got some more mileage.

Apparently they have the rights to make anything DC/WB, so that includes comics, cartoons, movies, games, etc. The possibilities are endless.

Lawrence could come with his boom box.:lol I just wish someone could do stuff from that film other than HT. That has to be one of the most bitter disappointments I can think of, as far as untapped potential goes. What we got was amazing, but I wish we lived in a universe where they gave Nicholson the same level of attention as Ledger and, ****, even Leto. I'm sorry, but, considering all the great looks Nicholson had in that film, it's ****ing criminal that there are more Leto figures within the first, what? Two weeks of that film's release? Than there were Nicholson figures in the 6 years since the 89 license was announced. Particularly considering how much they boasted about paying for Jack's likeness rights. I mean, do they have any idea how much money they missed out on? Especially when you think about the fact that several of the looks could've easily made use of the existing sculpt with a simple repaint.

These companies need to broaden their minds.

Idk about you guys but I really want HT to make her an exclusive:

NEcN52QjTgcpff_2_b.jpg

...there's never, ever going to be a better Batman film than this, is there?

He kills people yes, but no live action film captured such a moody Gotham and how otherworldly Batman can be, not to mention how iconic some shots of Keaton are in it with the dark contrasting lighting. BR has it's faults, but gets undeserving hate.

These companies need to broaden their minds.

Yes, yes they do.

...there's never, ever going to be a better Batman film than this, is there?

I'm a huge Nolan fan and a huge '66 fan, but, honestly, '89 was just one of those lightning in a bottle things. I don't think Returns came close to it, and Schumacher's stuff wasn't in the same universe, but I can truly say that it's not only one of my favorite comic book films of all time, but, easily, one of my favorite films. I don't think there's a single movie I've rewatched more times than '89.

After watching Suicide Squad I had to cleanse my pallet with '89 Batman and BR. So much goodness.

I missed its initial, theatrical release by a few years, but Cinemark had it as part of their classics series this week, so, I was able to see it on the big screen for the first time. The timing couldn't have been better, as Suicide Squad was a definite morale killer.

He kills people yes, but no live action film captured such a moody Gotham and how otherworldly Batman can be, not to mention how iconic some shots of Keaton are in it with the dark contrasting lighting. BR has it's faults, but gets undeserving hate.

After watching Suicide Squad I had to cleanse my pallet with '89 Batman and BR. So much goodness.

The only other film that comes close for me is Batman Begins. I actually really dislike how Nolan's trilogy got steadily less moody and gothic as it went on.

Batman '89 is one of those films I can watch over and over again and never really get bored of. I absolutely love the realisation of Gotham, nothing's ever quite come close to that glorious mix of gothic, art deco and industrial.

I'm a huge Nolan fan and a huge '66 fan, but, honestly, '89 was just one of those lightning in a bottle things. I don't think Returns came close to it, and Schumacher's stuff wasn't in the same universe, but I can truly say that it's not only one of my favorite comic book films of all time, but, easily, one of my favorite films. I don't think there's a single movie I've rewatched more times than '89.

I think Robocop and Big Trouble in Little China are the only films I've watched more times.

As I get older, I like '66 Batman more and more. Maybe because the newer incarnations are getting so relentlessly bleak?

I really need to get that armored bats. It just looks good and can be displayed for comic nostalgia instead if batfleck.

I'll buy the solo WW movie fig. It seems more colorful which I like better. But I hope they don't go with rubber on the new one.

Growing up, I saw BR more times than 89 since it was on HBO at the time. But as I got older, 89 has completely overtaken it. It's just a perfect Batman film. I like Begins a lot, but I can't suspend disbelief since it's always Chicago to me.

I missed its initial, theatrical release by a few years, but Cinemark had it as part of their classics series this week, so, I was able to see it on the big screen for the first time. The timing couldn't have been better, as Suicide Squad was a definite morale killer.

I remember going to the theater with my friends opening weekend for '89 Batman. It was insane how many people were excited for it. I don't remember how many times I saw it in the theater but it was a lot. :lol

The only other film that comes close for me is Batman Begins. I actually really dislike how Nolan's trilogy got steadily less moody and gothic as it went on.

Batman '89 is one of those films I can watch over and over again and never really get bored of. I absolutely love the realisation of Gotham, nothing's ever quite come close to that glorious mix of gothic, art deco and industrial.

Couldn't agree more. BB has that slight surrealism that Burton's films had, but it loses it's identity somewhere along the line and just goes for ultra realism, at least in the sequels.

Back