The Hunger Games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take, "even more so" for $200 :D

alex-trebek2.jpg
:lol

I took my 10 year old GIRL to this. Man, it was nothing! You people that are afraid to take your kid to this are mangina's. Or your kid is weak.

Some of you need to give your kids credit. My kid read the books, and i warned her cause of this thread it might be a little old for her. PFFT! Some of you i had an inkling about now i know. (and some of you don't even have a kid)

Just remember not all kids are soft and nurtured till they're 13.

Decent flick BTW!

Movie felt pretty run of the mill... I didn't dislike it; but I'd agree with EF there was no real punch to it. But with the first book I felt much more invested early on.

Probably doesn't help that I read it recently so its very easy to make comparisons, but overall it just didn't do a lot for me. Deaths were waaaay to toned down and I really did not like how the end showdown was altered, took away any of the drama of it.

Probably wait to rent the sequels.

I took my 10 year old GIRL to this. Man, it was nothing! You people that are afraid to take your kid to this are mangina's. Or your kid is weak.

Some of you need to give your kids credit. My kid read the books, and i warned her cause of this thread it might be a little old for her. PFFT! Some of you i had an inkling about now i know. (and some of you don't even have a kid)

Just remember not all kids are soft and nurtured till they're 13.

Decent flick BTW!

It's the families that struck me as odd. I get the kids. But families? They don't go to this kinda thing. It was funny to me. :lol

It's the families that struck me as odd. I get the kids. But families? They don't go to this kinda thing. It was funny to me. :lol

A lot of adults read the books, just like Twilight. That's why so many adults went to see these movies as well.

I think I'm going to pass. Next week is Titans and I'm definately seeing that! :yess:

No I know. I'm just saying familes. I just don't see this as a family movie. :lol

I'm waiting for the one dumb nut job mother who sues Lionsgate over this movie. :lol

I was very impressed with the film, but I'd read the books and kind of knew what to expect. However I think the movie was stronger emotionally than the first book. In the books I never got a sense that this was a dystopian futuristic society where the 1% lorded over the rest of the former United States. But the movie really calls it home as social commentary as well as being a good action movie.

And Jennifer Lawrence is definitely a star - Katniss is not just a kickass heroine, but a also a lost little girl out of her depth - and you can see that on Lawrence's face at all times.

My wife read the books and I didn't, and we both enjoyed the movie. I appreciated the little bits of political/social commentary that gave it all some interesting context.

Back