The Hunger Games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
Is anyone else excited about this movie? I'm almost done with the last book in the trilogy and I can't wait. :rock

JENNIFER-LAWRENCE-KATNISS.jpg

I am. My wife gave me the first one saying "you might like this its kind of the running man using kids" and about a week later I was done with all 3. I just hope with the movies being PG-13 they can still make them as good as the books are.

I am. My wife gave me the first one saying "you might like this its kind of the running man using kids" and about a week later I was done with all 3. I just hope with the movies being PG-13 they can still make them as good as the books are.

Yeah I have been ripping through the books. They are really good. Collins does a good job at ending every chapter on a cliff hanger to make you want to turn the page!

I have heard good things about this series and plan on reading the books, especially after Jennifer Lawrence was cast in it. She was fantastic in Winter's Bone.

Just curious, are these books aimed at young adults, or more mature readers?

Last edited:
They are supposed to be for young adults (which is why the movies will be PG-13) but they have some punch to them, meaning some nasty killings and some deep moral choices.. they are nothing like Twilight if that helps.

Hey, neato. I'm about to start reading this. My mother and I are the readers in the family. She just got the trilogy from a co-worker, devoured the first book, and now it's my turn.

Have heard good things about this series and plan on reading the books, especially after Jennifer Lawrence was cast in it. She was fantatsic in Winter's Bone.

Just curious, are these books aimed at young adults, or more mature readers?

Yeah they cast some good people (Including Woody Harrelson and Donald Sutherland).

It is aimed at young adults but the themes are very adult IMO. Kind of a mix.

They are supposed to be for young adults (which is why the movies will be PG-13) but they have some punch to them, meaning some nasty killings and some deep moral choices.. they are nothing like Twilight if that helps.

Yeah they cast some good people (Including Woody Harrelson and Donald Sutherland).

It is aimed at young adults but the themes are very adult IMO. Kind of a mix.

Fantastic. That's the answer I was hoping for.

I don't think I've ever heard of this or the books before. Definitely sounds interesting though!

I'm gonna see if the books are available here.

I haven't read through 3 book so fast in my life. I could only get through the first 2.5 Harry Potters before I coped out but these 3 were great to read. You'll enjoy them I think.

I haven't read through 3 book so fast in my life. I could only get through the first 2.5 Harry Potters before I coped out but these 3 were great to read. You'll enjoy them I think.

Yeah I'm not even a big reader. I'm lucky if I read a single book in a year. :lol

THought the first book was good, couldn't wait for the third one to be over with though, it was meh with Katniss whining "peeeetaaaaaaa" every 2 minutes.

Wonder how they will get around kids killing kids in violent ways.

THought the first book was good, couldn't wait for the third one to be over with though, it was meh with Katniss whining "peeeetaaaaaaa" every 2 minutes.

Uh, don't think they will get around it - it is pretty much the point of the games, after all. And the girl they have playing Rue really does look 12, if that.

I still think Lawrence looks too old, but after her X-men turn I'm feeling better about it.

My only issue with book 3 was how quickly the ending seemed to wrap up. I really felt it could have used a nice 20 to 30 page extension to really flesh everything out better. Instead we get everything done in a more frenzy mode (at least that's what it came across to me).

I also have to wonder exactly how brutal these films will be. Reading something is a whole different story then seeing it on screen. And given this is a young adult series I do think the potential to 'dumb' things down in order to get a certain rating and try to draw in a certain age bracket is here (which makes me nervous). But we shall see.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yes, but the violence in the book was never particularly gorey or extreme. I can see them working it within the normal PG-13 just fine, and don't forget that the books are intended for a younger audience as well. The impact of the deaths isn't so much that they are graphic, but that you care about the character dying.

But we'll see - it certainly has the potential to be an exceptional series.

I also have to wonder exactly how brutal these films will be. Reading something is a whole different story then seeing it on screen. And given this is a young adult series I do think the potential to 'dumb' things down in order to get a certain rating and try to draw in a certain age bracket is here (which makes me nervous). But we shall see.

Spoiler Spoiler:

They are going to have to be toned down a little for the PG-13 rating so they will show the arrow being shot and in the air but not actually going through somebody head. It won't be as good but it should be ok.

And I agree with your spoiler.

Back