The Hunger Games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took my 11-year old niece (who read all three books in a week and a half) Friday and was dumbstruck. Beautiful movie from one end to the other. Only problem was that it was too short. Another half hour (in the arena) would have been perfect.

Haven't had this kind of feeling from this kind of story since I read The Long Walk when I was 9. Battle Royal doesn't touch it for emotional power. Way more depth and there is no schlock factor like you get from most Japanese cinema. I don't think I've been moved this strongly by a movie since The Passion of the Christ.

Just got back from taking my nieces to see the Hunger Games and they loved it! :yess:

Funny thing neither showings of this movie I went to had girls screaming when the guys came on stage...however I did have to put up with "That boy was cute" all the way back home this time! :slap :lol

I saw the movie yesterday and enjoyed it.

I haven't read the book so my main criticism of the movie was there could have been more character development. Most of the characters seemed fairly one dimensional to me and, as a result, I didn't feel attached to them as much as I would have liked.

I liked the movie enough to want to come back for more so I am in for the sequels. I am hoping for more character development in the later movies.

Last edited:
I didn't have to listen to cute boy swooning. :nana:

Touché!

well-played-sir-thumb.jpg
:lol

I was just grateful she was more invested in the survival drama than the romance.

Although, had there been another little girl in the car...

I was just grateful that no one screamed or made a spectacle of themselves during the showing!

They start filming in september with a release in nov 2013.

:yess:

I wonder if they'll film the next two back to back?

My showing was awesome. A few kids but the parents did great most of the theater was filled with adults which was fantastic.

There were a few kids and teens in both showings I went to but there wasn't any screaming or anything. Thank God. :lol

They should. I mean if Jackson can do three in a row with lotr and back2back with The Hobbit it can be done.

Agreed! We would have a movie in 2013 & 2014. :yess:

They start filming in september with a release in nov 2013.

Good to hear. A Thanksgiving release would be a good idea.

I wonder if they'll film the next two back to back?

Hopefully. It would make the most sense from a cost perspective.

My showing was awesome. A few kids but the parents did great most of the theater was filled with adults which was fantastic.

Same with my theater which I was glad to see. The last thing I wanted was a bunch of screaming teen girls ruining the movie.

They should. I mean if Jackson can do three in a row with lotr and back2back with The Hobbit it can be done.

:exactly:

Agreed a thanksgiving release would be awesome and a nice way to kill time until the second part of the hobbit.

Back