The Hottoycast: The new High-End Collectable Podcast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice episode this week dudes. Enjoyed listening to the interview with Trevor and his insights.

Is there a set time limit?
I don't know if i speak for everyone, but i could honestly sit and listen to your podcasts for twice the length they are now.
I enjoy your guys' rapport, and differing opinions. The breadth of knowledge and the different things you all bring to the mix.
I sometimes have a different opinion on certain subjects, but half the fun is hearing a differing viewpoint from your own and listening to someone put their point across. It might not change your mind about something, but it allows you to understand the passion the other person has about their own opinion.
So i'd love it if you made the show longer.
Just a thought.

Agreed. It's interesting to hear a few people talk in a group discussion about 1/6 scale figures. I don't get to hear or even partake in discussions myself in my normal day life. Nobody around here even knows what 1/6 figures are!

Agreed. It's interesting to hear a few people talk in a group discussion about 1/6 scale figures. I don't get to hear or even partake in discussions myself in my normal day life. Nobody around here even knows what 1/6 figures are!

Yeah.
Due to the nature of debate on this and other forums, i find myself listening to the podcast, hearing views and opinions and wishing i could share my own with the guys talking.
But i really enjoy the breadth of action figure collecting knowledge brought to the mix by all involved.
And i for one would not mind in the slightest if it were longer.

Is there a set time limit?
I don't know if i speak for everyone, but i could honestly sit and listen to your podcasts for twice the length they are now.
I enjoy your guys' rapport, and differing opinions. The breadth of knowledge and the different things you all bring to the mix.
I sometimes have a different opinion on certain subjects, but half the fun is hearing a differing viewpoint from your own and listening to someone put their point across. It might not change your mind about something, but it allows you to understand the passion the other person has about their own opinion.
So i'd love it if you made the show longer.
Just a thought.

Thanks man!
I just wanted us to make something close to an actual proper radio show. Other podcasts seem more like a bunch of guys coming together and we are just eaves dropping and that's totally cool but I wanted ours to be a show for listeners and not one for ourselves if you see what I mean! :)
I would like the show to be more frequent but each of us are very busy chaps, some with families. My illustration deadlines are killer sometimes. And then there's the time differences. So it's no mean feat we manage to get together for a recording.

Thanks man!
I just wanted us to make something close to an actual proper radio show. Other podcasts seem more like a bunch of guys coming together and we are just eaves dropping and that's totally cool but I wanted ours to be a show for listeners and not one for ourselves if you see what I mean! :)
I would like the show to be more frequent but each of us are very busy chaps, some with families. My illustration deadlines are killer sometimes. And then there's the time differences. So it's no mean feat we manage to get together for a recording.

I totally get it.
All i meant was that if you *run over* the normal time, rest assured, we are ALL interested in hearing more of your thoughts on these figures we all adore.

I have to say that I do love doing The Hottoycast. Like The Chev I don't have many folks to enjoy these things with so I get a good geek hit when we record. :)

By the way Eamon, I've looked at your illustrations for the first time and it is stunning!

I have to say that I do love doing The Hottoycast. Like The Chev I don't have many folks to enjoy these things with so I get a good geek hit when we record. :)

Once a month is better than nothing. One thing I like is at least a few of you are artists in your own right. How did you get this group together?

The more I think about it a weekly show would be tough since figures seem to be released monthly, so it would be tough to do four episodes a month.

Last edited:
Once a month is better than nothing. One thing I like is at least a few of you are artists in your own right. How did you get this group together?

The more I think about it a weekly should would be tough since figures seem to be released monthly, so it would be tough to do four episodes a month.

Good point.

Anyway, Eamon, we enjoy the hell out of your podcast. You and the fellas keep it up! :hi5:

Are these available to download anywhere? I'd prefer not to mess with iTunes.

Hey Eamon, you want something else to discuss in the next podcast? Swing over to the Hot Toys Iron Man 3 IGOR thread. It's pandemonium! The figure's coming in at $510 and everyone is flipping out--the haters and the defenders alike! Crazy stuff!

Back