The Hottoycast: The new High-End Collectable Podcast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to open a can of worms; but please ask Trevor what he thinks about all the re-casts of hiswork floating around, and what might be done to prevent it?

I to am curious about how he came to do the work he does, including any schooling, who where/are his influencers etc.

Keep up the great work Eamon et al.

:wave

We had a great recording yesterday. It was a very good interview with Trevor and there was some great insights in to the industry, an

Episode 11 is now chaps. Go listen, enjoy and please share! :)

It was very good. I was happy to hear that he did the sculpt for the future Star Wars Hoth figures.

Great episode, guys! And thanks for using my questions!

Boy that Trevor sounds like such a nice, humble guy. I agree with the Chev, you really could have gone on much longer!

Great episode, guys! And thanks for using my questions!

Boy that Trevor sounds like such a nice, humble guy. I agree with the Chev, you really could have gone on much longer!

Yeah, and I didn't know Trevor did the upcoming Hoth figures. The likeness on both is the best I've seen for Luke and Han.

Delighted you guys are liking it. Trevor was a great guest and yeah we could've gone on for ages.
But we will have him back again in a year I should think.

If you guys aren't aware already, we had Big Chief (Dr.Who and Sherlock 1:6 makers) on episode five.
We had Sideshow Collectables Manager Bran Bridges on Episode Six.

Those are also great listening for insights into the industry.

What we need now is someone from Hot Toys! :)

Delighted you guys are liking it. Trevor was a great guest and yeah we could've gone on for ages.
But we will have him back again in a year I should think.

If you guys aren't aware already, we had Big Chief (Dr.Who and Sherlock 1:6 makers) on episode five.
We had Sideshow Collectables Manager Bran Bridges on Episode Six.

Those are also great listening for insights into the industry.

What we need now is someone from Hot Toys! :)

Eamon, have you contacted Hot Toys yet and inquired about getting a rep or someone higher up on the show?

Exactly. I wonder if anyone on this website is fluent in both English and Cantonese, and would let a helping hand. Also, I think a well known company like Hot Toys would have a few people fluent in both. :dunno

They would but would they work on design and sculpting?!

We know we can find people that speak english there but are they the right folks for an interview?! That's the problem.

But we are working on it.

They would but would they work on design and sculpting?!

We know we can find people that speak english there but are they the right folks for an interview?! That's the problem.

But we are working on it.

True. I'm sure thinks will work out. I have faith in you guys. I'll listen either way.

So I was curious, do you guys ever think about maybe doing segments where you talk about your "Five favorite" 1/6 figures or "Best head sculpts", etc. I've heard you talk about the mms136, and that was my first Hot Toy, and it still is one of my favorites. I'm very interested to hear you guys go in-depth about some of your favorite older figures.:wave

We have a list of topics that we can go into should we run out of stuff to review but we usually run out of time.

But I will add this to the roster of topics! :)

We have a list of topics that we can go into should we run out of stuff to review but we usually run out of time.

But I will add this to the roster of topics! :)

Is there a set time limit?
I don't know if i speak for everyone, but i could honestly sit and listen to your podcasts for twice the length they are now.
I enjoy your guys' rapport, and differing opinions. The breadth of knowledge and the different things you all bring to the mix.
I sometimes have a different opinion on certain subjects, but half the fun is hearing a differing viewpoint from your own and listening to someone put their point across. It might not change your mind about something, but it allows you to understand the passion the other person has about their own opinion.
So i'd love it if you made the show longer.
Just a thought.

Back