The Hottoycast: The new High-End Collectable Podcast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kudos on your podcast fantastic conversations on 1/6 hot toys, this is a must listen podcast for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad you chaps are liking it. Thanks! :)

BTW, you guys all sounded great in that last segment--very casual and relaxed. Moreso than in the rest of the show.

Do you prefer us to be less formal and more casual?

I don't know if you all will have time to do another episode before Christmas (Hanukkah's over tonight, I believe), but you could do a gift idea segment where you review or just mention what figures are in stock that might make good presents!

We will get at least one more recording before Xmas and we hope to make it a special one. So yeah we can by all means mention the figures currently in stock for folks to buy.

I cannot speak for the guys but if I was to be 100% myself then we would have to add a parental advisary warning! I'm Irish. We cuse... like a lot!

That would be ok! I don't think there are 8 years-old collecting Hot Toys and listening to the podcast.

Cursing is fine, and I know that you guys generally seem relaxed and are yourselves. But there was something extra in that last segment. You guys really were talking to each other as if no one was listening.

I know you guys have tight schedules and you're barely able to squeeze in these podcasts as it is. But perhaps you should spend a good 15 minutes or so to talk to each other and relax, just to get the repartee going. You can even be "secretly" recording it too so we all can listen in on the warm-up session! But chatting a bit before you "officially" begin might help you guys unwind and loosen up.

But really, you guys do a super job and it's always fun to listen to! I find myself talking back every once in a while too, getting caught up in the conversation!:lol

That would be ok! I don't think there are 8 years-old collecting Hot Toys and listening to the podcast.

Maybe not but I know that The Hottoycast gets played in stores and we have been told that having a geeky podcast without bad language is a rarity and a good thing as it can be played out in more places where as those with language do not.

Using bad language when describing toys doesn't feel right to me for some reason either.

I think it sets us a part from other podast to be honest the we go a bit classy.

Last edited:
Stay 'classy' Eamon! I like the idea of you guys warming up before-hand though (see my previous posting :wink1:) I do like the rapport you four have with each other. Keep up the great work (fun).:hi5:

Using bad language when describing toys doesn't feel right to me for some reason either.

I think it sets us a part from other podast to be honest the we go a bit classy.

It does indeed.
I hate hearing people reviewing toys and swearing.
There is absolutely zero need for that.
So i salute you guys for doing it right and doing it well.

Maybe not but I know that The Hottoycast gets played in stores and we have been told that having a geeky podcast without bad language is a rarity and a good thing as it can be played out in more places where as those with language do not.

+1 :hi5:

.. remember, always be yourself.. unless you can be Tony Stark, then always be Tony Stark.

this is kinda off topic but since you mentioned it in your last podcast, I don't see the images you posted when I listen to your podcast. All I see if your Podcast logo. Maybe I'm doing something wrong where I can't view the images. I'm on a iphone if that matters.

this is kinda off topic but since you mentioned it in your last podcast, I don't see the images you posted when I listen to your podcast. All I see if your Podcast logo. Maybe I'm doing something wrong where I can't view the images. I'm on a iphone if that matters.

Thanks for pointing that out.

See it's very odd, I have noticed that my iTunes no longer shows the images for some reason but I assumed it was fine on devices as if you listen to the podcast by clicking on my link in my signature, the images are there.

I will have to try and figure that out.

Little point in me going to the trouble of adding pics if folks can no longer see them.

Nice to see you on Stitcher! I'm not on Facebook, so I can't help with the contest.

Back