The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would prefer he ignore things like this. :lol
The disappointing part is that he most likely does, he'll now be surrounded by plenty of yes men and studio execs chasing the $.

He's nowhere near Lucas level bad as he can still construct an emotional story, it's the over reliance on the digital stuff especially in a grounded, natural setting like Middle Earth.

The disappointing part is that he most likely does, he'll now be surrounded by plenty of yes men and studio execs chasing the $.

He's nowhere near Lucas level bad as he can still construct an emotional story, it's the over reliance on the digital stuff especially in a grounded, natural setting like Middle Earth.

I don't think he's surrouned by yes men at all. At least based on various things I've heard. I'm not there so I can't confirm that 100%.

I can't agree that he's over reliant on digital stuff. Many of the things in The Hobbit needed it a bit more than say LOTR. Though, I think when watching all of them it will be just fine.

Why do people say things like "no more" or "please stop" as if making films has some personal negative effect on them? Simply ignore what you don't want to see and allow fans who do to enjoy it. I will never understand the "do NOT make more" crowd.

The only series I feel that way about somewhat is the Fast and Furious series due to Walkers death and he's 1 of the 2 main characters so it clearly won't be the same, but even at that if they want to make more then it is what it is and I'll just stop watching after 7.

:lol :lol :lol

I would love to live in an era with hundreds of Middle Earth movies, specifically based on the material in the Silmarillion, but no more from Peter Jackson.

...[/B]and the Appendices in Return of the King....

I would love to see more movies set in this world but there isn't enough to use withoit getting into material they don't have rights to. Someday it could happen and I'll be happy if it does. If not I can go on quite pleased with what we've gotten.

I'm not sure how the rights work, but I've been saying this for a long time, there is a lot of material in the Appendices to work off of, PJ doesn't need the Silmarillion. He's obviously used some of that material already.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how the rights work, but I've been saying this for a long time, there is a lot of material in the Appendices to work off of, PJ doesn't need the Silmarillion. He's obviously used some of that material already.

There is but he only has the rights to certain bits of the appendices. Some how not all of it is usable.

Why do people say things like "no more" or "please stop" as if making films has some personal negative effect on them? Simply ignore what you don't want to see and allow fans who do to enjoy it. I will never understand the "do NOT make more" crowd.

The only series I feel that way about somewhat is the Fast and Furious series due to Walkers death and he's 1 of the 2 main characters so it clearly won't be the same, but even at that if they want to make more then it is what it is and I'll just stop watching after 7.

that's why I suggested a tv show. getting a 13 "Hour" episode run on LOTR stuff is More than enough time to do all they want with it.

well... to be honest he is kind of getting there. He might be a better director and a better storyteller but the hobbit movies are not that far off from the ST prequels. CGI everywhere...

that's why I suggested a tv show. getting a 13 "Hour" episode run on LOTR stuff is More than enough time to do all they want with it.

well... to be honest he is kind of getting there. He might be a better director and a better storyteller but the hobbit movies are not that far off from the ST prequels. CGI everywhere...

Oh please. The Hobbit isn't even close to the SW prequels when it comes to CGI. And LotR has more in it than people care to admit.

CGI has killed The Hobbit films. And all the over the top fantasy fighting. Seeing Legolas skateboard in The Two Towers or Yab a dab a doo in Return of the King was ok but it seems that is all any of the Elves do in the Hobbit films.

The Hobbit films feel childish and cheesy compared to LOTR.

CGI has killed The Hobbit films. And all the over the top fantasy fighting. Seeing Legolas skateboard in The Two Towers or Yab a dab a doo in Return of the King was ok but it seems that is all any of the Elves do in the Hobbit films.

The Hobbit films feel childish and cheesy compared to LOTR.

Could it be because The Hobbit is a children's book?

Could it be because The Hobbit is a children's book?

If you want to use that as an excuse.

I think the Hobbit films would have worked well if they had maintained the realistic 'historical' feel that LOTR had. Now, they whole films look like cut scenes from a video game.

Seeing parts of actual NZ in the hobbit trilogy is akin to Bilbo climbing the tree in Mirkwood and getting a breath of fresh air.

It was made in one of the most beautiful places on earth yet most of could have been shot on an LA soundstage.

I need to find the article I was reading, basically it was PJ saying how he wished he had today's tech for making lotr and that all the orcs in that would have been CG also, just so depressing to read.
I'm so glad they made rings when they did.

If you want to use that as an excuse.

I think the Hobbit films would have worked well if they had maintained the realistic 'historical' feel that LOTR had. Now, they whole films look like cut scenes from a video game.

some scenes literally look like cut scenes from a Play station 4 videogame.... (actually some games have better graphics)

Back