The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should have asked Del Toro to work with weta in some kind of creature fx role. He balances CG and practical stuff perfectly.

I thought Azog looked good in AUJ but in DOS he looked fantastic, IMO.

According to reports from the premier last night the BOTFA EE will be 30 mins longer.

Found this poster at the store the other day I think it looks cool

Now this poster I like!! :clap :clap

I thought Azog looked good in AUJ but in DOS he looked fantastic, IMO.

According to reports from the premier last night the BOTFA EE will be 30 mins longer.

:yess: Surprised that this one is the shortest of the trilogy really, looking forward to the extended cut of this one based on what I have read in some of the early reviews.

:yess: Surprised that this one is the shortest of the trilogy really, looking forward to the extended cut of this one based on what I have read in some of the early reviews.

I'm not really. I'd love it to be long and then add a bit more but this way of doing it is ok by me. I'm quite encouraged by the early reviews that I have read. I'm staying away from most of them though. Just going to go in and enjoy the moment.

I don't think that Azog looked bad at all, I enjoyed the performance that they created.

His job was to be menacing, and that he was and still is. Yes Lurtz is still the gold standard.

Regarding the EE, kind of wish they would just cut the crap and release the EE dvd during the 1st release window. :lol

Last edited:
Just saw several released scenes.. Looks good. The DG one hit home. Made me glad I bought the Saruman PF

Published December 02, 2014 by Devin Faraci
Peter Jackson Could Totally Make More LORD OF THE RINGS Movies If He Wanted

Sir Ian McKellan thinks he might.

With The Hobbit drawing to a close this month we are once again saying farewell to Middle-Earth - a touch less fondly than we did with Return of the King, mind you. While doing press for the film Sir Ian McKellan gave one of those quotes that sites like to pick up and turn into a speculative spin piece. He said:

I was told by Peter, in 2001 that that was the end, that it was all over. Here we are 13 years later. So I don’t believe necessarily that this is the end of the journey.

The question is could Jackson or Warner Bros make more movies in this world - do they have the rights? Most people - Jackson included - point to the legal hassles of Jackson's other great Middle-Earth work, The Silmarillion, as a reason why the story stops here. But let's be honest - anyone who has read The Silmarillion knows you don't adapt that book. It's basically The Bible of Middle-Earth, and it's largely interested in the events of The First Age. To put that in perspective, Lord of the Rings closes out The Third Age. It's a hyper-prequel in the way Noah is a prequel to Titanic.

While Jackson doesn't have the rights to that book, and likely never will thanks to hostility from the Tolkein estate, he does have two powerful things: the fifty years between The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring and the Appendices in Return of the King. With all of that time, and with the information and world-building in the Appendices, Jackson could have turned what was once going to be a single 'bridge movie' connecting The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings into a whole new trilogy.

I'm not saying he should. And the level of invention required here - this would put making up a girl elf who falls in love with a dwarf to shame - would likely anger the hardcore fanbase. But that fanbase isn't giving a billion bucks global to these films, and it would be very easy for Jackson to basically create his own Expanded Tolkein Universe stories using characters, concepts and event guideposts created by Tolkein. There must already be some kind of a treatment for the bridge movie - a basic idea, at least - and Jackson has long ago proven he can take even the smallest idea and make something very, very long out of it.

SOURCE: BBC

... ...

Remember kids:

image.jpg

I'll take all they give me. If you guys don't want to watch them......that's fine.

Jackson already said in a press conference after what Sir Ian said that he can't do any more due to legalities and until those change, there won't be anymore.

Don't deny Josh that bridge movie yo. :lol

I would love to see more movies set in this world but there isn't enough to use withoit getting into material they don't have rights to. Someday it could happen and I'll be happy if it does. If not I can go on quite pleased with what we've gotten.

Last edited:
Why do people say things like "no more" or "please stop" as if making films has some personal negative effect on them? Simply ignore what you don't want to see and allow fans who do to enjoy it. I will never understand the "do NOT make more" crowd.

The only series I feel that way about somewhat is the Fast and Furious series due to Walkers death and he's 1 of the 2 main characters so it clearly won't be the same, but even at that if they want to make more then it is what it is and I'll just stop watching after 7.

Back