The Godfather

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I initially was unsure if I wanted a Godfather... especially when Sideshow first announced. But seeing this makes him a must have figure :lecture And the chair is just the icing on the cake.

Still hope we get a severed horse head.

Yep, I initially was unsure if I wanted a Godfather... especially when Sideshow first announced. But seeing this makes him a must have figure :lecture And the chair is just the icing on the cake.

Still hope we get a severed horse head.

Nah not necesary, he may have "made" the order but what the hell would he need a horse head for? :lol Now a little kitty would be a more appropriate accessory.

Another beautiful looking figure from HT. The chair is an unexpected surprise.

Since this is an official Godfather release, can we expect other figures from the movie or will this be it?

Two excellent choices Voorhees. I'd buy both, for sure.

I also love your title: "I'm not gonna hurtchya!"....

I'm just gonna....

:lol

Nah not necesary, he may have "made" the order but what the hell would he need a horse head for? :lol Now a little kitty would be a more appropriate accessory.

One never needs a reason for a severed head accessory... just to have it is reason enough :lecture

Another beautiful looking figure from HT. The chair is an unexpected surprise.

Since this is an official Godfather release, can we expect other figures from the movie or will this be it?

Well that is indeed news. We HAD heard this would be a Vito figure or some non-licensed generic name as per the leaked pics and proto. I forgot what the stand read "Don Vito" or something, but

This is the GF license we're seeing now.

Bottom Line: This figure will sell through the roof once word gets out beyond hard core 1/6 Fanatics. I think it will lead to a Michael, not sure how far they'll go, but they have to do a Michael.

Well that is indeed news. We HAD heard this would be a Vito figure or some non-licensed generic name as per the leaked pics and proto. I forgot what the stand read "Don Vito" or something, but

This is the GF license we're seeing now.

Bottom Line: This figure will sell through the roof once word gets out beyond hard core 1/6 Fanatics. I think it will lead to a Michael, not sure how far they'll go, but they have to do a Michael.

I'd take in a heart beat:

Young Michael Corleone
Young Vito Corleone
Sonny Corleone
Tom Hagen

And i'm not even bull^^^^ting either!

I know, and I'll still buy one, but even $150 was a tough sell to myself. I hope that's just the suggested retail price, though.

But I guess the chair is worth a good chunk of that.

Last edited:

So far all "Godfather" merchandise except for the games have featured Brando and Brando alone.

The game, on the other hand, featured many actors like James Caan, Robert Duvall and Abe Vigoda providing voices and likenesses plus many of the likenesses to deceased actors like John Cazale made it into the game.

Unfortunately Al Pacino wouldn't grant his likeness for Michael in the game but it's not that he's opposed to the idea in general, it's just that he made more bank selling exclusive likeness rights to Universal for the "Scarface" game. Hopefully there isn't a similar situation with figures because as far as I know there are no non-"Scarface" Pacino figures with the possible exception of that old "^^^^ Tracy" figure and in that case the makeup could have made likeness rights a non-issue.

In any case, Brando is the only sure thing. McFarlane Toys, Sideshow, Enterbay, Hot Toys, they all just make the old version of Vito. I personally think there's a chance that these companies could theoretically make the other characters that appear in the movies but are reluctant to do them without being able to do Michael. I mean, "The Godfather" is my favorite movie of all time and I'd buy any character anyone makes but there's no denying the absolute and utter crappiness of not having Michael there. I'd understand if any toy company wasn't willing to further explore the line without being able to do it right.

I'm guessing Deniro is out of the question too for no other reason than the fact that the upcoming "The Godfather II" game is coming out and is focusing exclusively on the sequel elements of the movie. It's one thing to do another Pacino-less game, I don't imagine they opted to skip the prequel elements if Deniro's likeness was available to them. I don't think it's much of a stretch to assume that the prequel story was skipped altogether on the new game because Deniro wouldn't sign off.

This was a serious maybe for me, but the chair sold me. Its not very often we get 1:6 furniture and so well done as well. Picking this up for sure! :rock

Sideshow and Hot Toys really just need to merge together. Still seperate, but officially partners. I imagine we would only see more amazing collaberations. First the new Sideshow bodies, then HB, and now this!

Now I don't have to worry about getting the $2000 Cinemaquette one. For only $160 bucks I get the exact same pose with the same likeness. Awesome.....

Back