The Freaks Inked Up!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got this on the back of my neck

kill_bill_hattori_hanzo_swords.jpg

That's awesome, let's see some pics!

I don't get the whole "tattoo has to mean something deep to you or else it's stupid" mindest. The best advice I got was to not overthink your tattoo. When you do that, you end up with a depressing story you are constantly reciting..depressing you and making the question poser feel awkward. Either that or you walk out with tribals or a barbed wire band.

For me...from childhood, to this day...one thing remained constant...my interest in super heroes. Beyond that...Black Suit Spider-man rocked my world when I was young. I wanted to combine my childhood memories (comics) and adult experiences (live action movies) with Black Spidey. That's how I got the idea for my design...I didn't need to take a retreat to the Himalayan Mountains to meditate on it LOL.

Next, Batman.
:)
Yeah I do overthink things too much but thats not to say I think every tattoo has to have a deep meaning, just be personal to you and express a love or passion for something or someone.
In your case I say you have the right idea but I am not preaching what people should do just my opinion.

After years of being indecisive on what to get, I finally sprang for an R2D2 at this years Celebration. It was a lot of fun, and those in attendance will attest to what a baby I was. Those solid lines are no joke, okay? Only took about two and a half hours. When I showed it to Kenny Baker (my only autograph at this convention), I mentioned to him that I got it on his birthday, which was Friday of the show, and he winked at me!

I really dig it! Check it out!

CVItattoo02.jpg

CVItattoo01.jpg

Here's a shot from when it was freshly done in a 6 1/2 hour sitting...
Tattoo019.jpg

Here's a shot healed and from the front...
Gates-1.jpg

My leg...it's finished now but I don't have new pics of it yet...
IMG_0585.jpg

I'm trying to book some time with Paul Acker to get my first but he has quite the wait, about 6 months.

Any tat is worth the wait. Good luck man!

Thanks, yea I basically decided last year that I would wait a full year and if I still wanted it then I would get it, I think it's a good way to approach it. Pauls one of the best in our area so I'm happy to wait a bit longer and have it done right, it's going to be with me a while.

tumblr_madqheUfh21r6it1fo1_500.jpg

Now that I have most of my right sleeve done, I wanna fill in some other areas. These two portraits will be going on the backs of both calves. Aside from the obvious reason of having a love for the franchises, there's actual a deeper meaning.

For Jason, my Dad was actually a pretty big Friday The 13th fan. Him and my mom went to the first few movies when they opened in theaters. It's actually kind of funny, because he still watches nothing but horror movies, even the crap on the Syfy and Chiller channels. The story behind Michael Myers is his movies are the whole reason I got into the horror genre. My Mom was a huge fan of the franchise growing up, and all throughout my childhood we'd watch the original 1978 film every October.

So these are gonna be some awesome unique pieces that Im really stoked to get. =]

tumblr_madqheUfh21r6it1fo1_500.jpg

Now that I have most of my right sleeve done, I wanna fill in some other areas. These two portraits will be going on the backs of both calves. Aside from the obvious reason of having a love for the franchises, there's actual a deeper meaning.

For Jason, my Dad was actually a pretty big Friday The 13th fan. Him and my mom went to the first few movies when they opened in theaters. It's actually kind of funny, because he still watches nothing but horror movies, even the crap on the Syfy and Chiller channels. The story behind Michael Myers is his movies are the whole reason I got into the horror genre. My Mom was a huge fan of the franchise growing up, and all throughout my childhood we'd watch the original 1978 film every October.

So these are gonna be some awesome unique pieces that Im really stoked to get. =]

Oh definitely. Im actually gonna try to get the Jason this upcoming week. :yess:

Got an appointment set up with my artist for this Thursday for the Jason Voorhees mask. Words cant describe how stoked I am for this piece. :panic:

Back