The Force Awakens - my review (figure related)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just came back from the first screening and it was AWESOME !! :yess:
This movie definitely accomplish the one thing that I hoped that it would.
It took me back to the Galaxy far far away. :love:love:love
I don't quite get why 'Darth Skywalker' mentioned "Face"...
I do agree with the "Bridge" though :)

My proof here. :monkey3
Don't open if you don't want the first 5 sec SPOILED. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Either way I apologize for coming off aggressive. I definitely wasn't attempting to. I think I carried over how things are typically discussed on other parts of the internet here where people are a lot more tranquil. I mean even in my every day life me and my friends tell each other they are being stupid of "full of crap". It just obviously doesn't translate well here since you people don't actually know me.

Apology accepted. Others have detailed how you have come off. Just as I gave the OP the benefit of the doubt, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and think you didn't realize how you're coming off to others. Now you know.

Bridge Face. Here's my theory if OP is telling the truth:

BIG SPOILER; DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO GO IN UNSPOILED
Spoiler Spoiler:

Can anyone that's seen it confirm?

As for obsessing with spoilers, I see it as a part of hype culture for movies. The lead up to a movie sometimes is more fun and memorable and thrilling than the actual product. We're all geeks here. We buy toys to put on shelves and look at. Some of them are cheap and crummy toys meant for kids. Others are hundreds of dollars a piece and quite frankly to most of the world a huge waste of money. I see spoilers as the same thing. To me? I think they're a waste of time and ruin the experience of viewing a movie the first time. I like twists and turns intact. But wade explained his motivation for doing so well enough.

Why am I reading spoilers when I just said I like twists and turns to surprise me? Because I'm not excited for this movie. I have low expectations and have read spoilers hoping to see something interesting and hoping the plot isn't as simple as the trailers and mere speculation have led it on to be. Sadly nothing I've read is improving my hopes for this being a great movie. It might be good. It might be enjoyable. I'll probably have a smile plastered on my face the moment the title scrolls up to the end credits. But how will it stand the test of time to repeat viewings? I dunno. I'll wait and see. I have only seen RotS three times after fooling myself into thinking TPM and AotC were good. Or I just grew up and realized they didn't hold up like the originals. I dunno. Regardless if I don't enjoy this on the first viewing I'm not going to watch it again.

Apology accepted. Others have detailed how you have come off. Just as I gave the OP the benefit of the doubt, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and think you didn't realize how you're coming off to others. Now you know.

Bridge Face. Here's my theory if OP is telling the truth:

BIG SPOILER; DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO GO IN UNSPOILED
Spoiler Spoiler:

Can anyone that's seen it confirm?

As for obsessing with spoilers, I see it as a part of hype culture for movies. The lead up to a movie sometimes is more fun and memorable and thrilling than the actual product. We're all geeks here. We buy toys to put on shelves and look at. Some of them are cheap and crummy toys meant for kids. Others are hundreds of dollars a piece and quite frankly to most of the world a huge waste of money. I see spoilers as the same thing. To me? I think they're a waste of time and ruin the experience of viewing a movie the first time. I like twists and turns intact. But wade explained his motivation for doing so well enough.

Why am I reading spoilers when I just said I like twists and turns to surprise me? Because I'm not excited for this movie. I have low expectations and have read spoilers hoping to see something interesting and hoping the plot isn't as simple as the trailers and mere speculation have led it on to be. Sadly nothing I've read is improving my hopes for this being a great movie. It might be good. It might be enjoyable. I'll probably have a smile plastered on my face the moment the title scrolls up to the end credits. But how will it stand the test of time to repeat viewings? I dunno. I'll wait and see. I have only seen RotS three times after fooling myself into thinking TPM and AotC were good. Or I just grew up and realized they didn't hold up like the originals. I dunno. Regardless if I don't enjoy this on the first viewing I'm not going to watch it again.

I can confirm that definitely happens. But it still doesn't make sense because;

Spoiler Spoiler:

And I have no clue where this notion of me bragging or trying to sound superior came from. Unless people are just completely whooshing on the entire point. My point was that I knew all of this stuff a long with many others before ever seeing the film because of leaks. So many people could pretend to have seen the film. A pastebin with the entire thing leaked with some dialogue hit the web on Dec 10th. I mean I even knew of a very specific conversation that takes place between baddies back in late 2014.

I have now officially seen the movie as of this morning btw.

I think the 'bridge' and 'face' thing indicate that the original author of the thread had found some garbled spoilers (which were partially incorrect) and wheeled them out as 'proof' of them having seen the film.

Spoiler Spoiler:

...so I'm calling BS.

I've seen the movie and the 'face' reference makes total sense to me - it's referring to a gesture, not a reveal. It's actually a nuance you could only report if you've seen the scene in question.

I've seen the movie and the 'face' reference makes total sense to me - it's referring to a gesture, not a reveal. It's actually a nuance you could only report if you've seen the scene in question.

Like this? Right?

Spoiler Spoiler:

So, these scenes don't appear then?

Spoiler Spoiler:

No, none of those are in the movie.

Just to throw my 2 cents in:

Spoiler Spoiler:

There, bridge/face explained. OP may not have seen the whole movie but she definitely saw it's most important scene.

Spoiler Spoiler:

There, bridge/face explained. OP may not have seen the whole movie but she definitely saw it's most important scene.

All of the above...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well you also probably understood my question of

Spoiler Spoiler:

And that was also before the premier and before I had ever seen the movie.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Everything that happened seems rushed and easily anticipated. How I wished it could be properly paced though. Could have been better!

Everything that happened seems rushed and easily anticipated. How I wished it could be properly paced though. Could have been better!

Well really that was always one of the things loved about the original trilogy. Everything just kept moving and you got those wipes into between scenes that kept the flow smooth.

Well really that was always one of the things loved about the original trilogy. Everything just kept moving and you got those wipes into between scenes that kept the flow smooth.

But this time it's different, which i can't explain. I think all the sudden reveals are rushed to get cheap thrills which obviously didn't work.

The worse part is that I have anticipated the bridge thing to happen by looking at the toyline already.

But this time it's different, which i can't explain. I think all the sudden reveals are rushed to get cheap thrills which obviously didn't work.

The worse part is that I have anticipated the bridge thing to happen by looking at the toyline already.

Well we also got people complaining that enough backstory wasn't explained in the movie. So either way you aren't going to be able to please everyone. That's what they have the next two movies for.

I have too many places online I am discussing this film now so I am moving on from this thread lol.

My final verdict is that the OP falls into one of three categories;

1) Read all the same scene leaks that I did.
2) Saw only that specific scene take place.
3) Was told or hinted to about that scene from someone else.

Because otherwise I have zero clue why in that PM I posted they wouldn't just explain what they mean when I said I already knew the entire plot, or why they couldn't answer my question about the final scene in the film. Unless for some crazy reason they watched everything but the final scene.

So just going back to the original post here...What was the pivotal scene that was 100% a surprise and what were the big things that no one had guessed anywhere?

After watching the film....
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back