The Force Awakens - my review (figure related)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm inclined to believe Jack Bauer before I believe wadeit0ut. One has insider info. One uses something called "reddit." I also appreciate that Jack doesn't flaunt his insider knowledge over others with a superior attitude and get angry with others and use hyperbole and insults. Anyone else hoping OP isn't full of it? I certainly am. If they would have revealed how they saw it, they'd certainly have more credibility than avoiding that question and then disappearing completely.

Jack, could you elaborate on what you meant by not being able to figure out what the upcoming HT figures meant? New characters or existing characters with weird descriptions? If you can answer that without spoilers it'd be appreciated.

Lol okay. How about I show you the leaked call sheet that's been floating around for months as well as all of the leaked photos from the books that have came out. Then you can compare that with whatever nothingness this person gave out.

I don't care what insiders this JackBauer person has about hot toys. The OP of this thread has not seen the movie.

If anyone wants to know real answers about the movie, fire away and I will answer with spoiler tags. And I promise you won't get something lame like this;

Darth Skywalker said:
wadeit0ut said:
Darth Skywalker said:
wadeit0ut said:
You could easily twist that be to some metaphorical thing. How did you see the movie but know what scene happens at the end of the movie?

There is no trickery involved. There are big things that no one has spoiled yet. And you're being like really aggressive in trying to make me spoil it!

Lol what trickery and aggressiveness. If you want to prove you have seen it you don't even have to spoil anything. I am asking you a question about something I already know.

Who is in the final scene talking, where are they, and what are they talking about?

It is Lobot and Jar Jar Binks. They are talking about getting married.

I was kidding about Vader being in it, BTW.

Or how about you let it go? Who gives a crap if she saw it or not? She hasn't even been back to engage you in this little crusade you're on to prove her a liar. You're Richard is bigger than hers, we get it. You're on Reddit. You've got call sheets. Congrats. Unless she pee'd in your Corn Flakes, you're honestly coming off like a bigger d-bag than she would be if we ever found out she hasn't seen it.

Or how about you let it go? Who gives a crap if she saw it or not? She hasn't even been back to engage you in this little crusade you're on to prove her a liar. You're Richard is bigger than hers, we get it. You're on Reddit. You've got call sheets. Congrats. Unless she pee'd in your Corn Flakes, you're honestly coming off like a bigger d-bag than she would be if we ever found out she hasn't seen it.

I really don't care about 90% of what you just said, but I was offering to answer actual questions because people in this very thread were asking for answers to questions.

I just hope you're as critical of all the people who say "Day 1 pre-order for me", because darn it, if they don't order on the 1st day, they are liars too. It's important all the liars get weeded out.

I just hope you're as critical of all the people who say "Day 1 pre-order for me", because darn it, if they don't order on the 1st day, they are liars too. It's important all the liars get weeded out.

Yes. Because that is the exact same thing as starting a thread on a forum lying about seeing a film. Nailed it.

Someone get a mod to close this. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

Agreed. I'll take the unreliability of the OP's review over the incredibly ugly and negative attitude of others on here any day.

Someone get a mod to close this. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

The only risk this poses of closure is from your attitude toward everyone. Chill out, dude. There's no definitive proof either way if they're lying or not until the movie releases. Yes. You have your spoilers from all the various sources that leak them but that's not the same as seeing a movie with your own eyes. Why don't you come back here Thursday night after the die-hard fans have seen it and you can say "I told you so" then if you're so sure you're right and then the thread can be closed. But.... I know it's hard for you to accept, but there is a chance (however slim) you're wrong and the OP isn't lying and the OP should feel free to come in and say "I told you so" and the discussion can continue about these two figures that Jack was having difficulty understanding.

And before you say "How will we know, it's so vague, etc etc etc" I think the words bridge and face must honestly carry some weight if the OP is being honest. They're so random and nonsensical and yet very specific at the same time. Wait and see. Why would anyone hope she's lying? A positive review? Some secrets still managed to be kept under wraps? Some cool HT figures to look forward to? It all sounds pretty thrilling to me. There's no point going on and on. With that said. I bow out of this topic. And unlike some folks, when I say that, I mean it. See you all back here Thursday night to see who eats crow.

Lol okay. How about I show you the leaked call sheet that's been floating around for months as well as all of the leaked photos from the books that have came out. Then you can compare that with whatever nothingness this person gave out.

I don't care what insiders this JackBauer person has about hot toys. The OP of this thread has not seen the movie.

As everyone has stated over and over again in this thread - do it via the spoiler tab. Just do it, be happy and be done with the justifications of who is "right" or "wrong."

There is no gun at people's heads - they have the option of clicking the button if they want to view it or not and not have to have all this unnecessary back and forth.

To me the OP sounded credible... but more importantly her posts suddenly made me realise how much I want to be surprised on Friday with some big revelation. So clicking on spoiler tags for me this week.

Not exactly...there are employees of Disney and Lucasfilm who have already seen the film at private screenings. You'd have to be in the right crowd, but its possible.

Wouldn't be able to say anything about it though, right?

Source is a guy who knows a high up at Marvel Comics. You tell me how they can see it then.

I hope its the FACE of Golden Girl Betty White challenging Luke to a game of BRIDGE.
That would just be delightful, dear.

This has been an interesting thread.

Even though wadeitOut is a little rough around the edges, he does make a good point. I asked the OP how she was able to see it in advance, and she responded that she wouldn't tell. That's weak.

This thread has been neither a review, nor has it had any REMOTELY figure-related information (as it's title indicates).

There ARE people who feel the need to display one-upsmanship in a situation like this. The OP's reluctance to share the how's and why's of her viewing does nothing to alleviate that. Seriously, no one will be fired by her telling the board how she saw it in advance.

It's interesting to me that it appears (APPEARS) that men on this board feel the need to defend the OP because she's a girl. Silly.
Bottom line is, the closer we get to Friday (Thursday for some - me :yess:), the less this thread matters.

I do think that the OP has erred in not sharing any information at all regarding her review or any figure news - as the title suggests.

Looking at her previous posts, it certainly does seem like she's connected in some way or another. That said, note to OP: be prepared to be called out on Star Wars stuff.

If she didn't know, well, she should have.

There is definitely a bridge in the movie. Multiple types. And a lot of faces.

The only thing I can think of that might have anything to do with a bridge is Han Solo but the face part still doesn't make sense.

This has been an interesting thread.

Even though wadeitOut is a little rough around the edges, he does make a good point. I asked the OP how she was able to see it in advance, and she responded that she wouldn't tell. That's weak.

This thread has been neither a review, nor has it had any REMOTELY figure-related information (as it's title indicates).

There ARE people who feel the need to display one-upsmanship in a situation like this. The OP's reluctance to share the how's and why's of her viewing does nothing to alleviate that. Seriously, no one will be fired by her telling the board how she saw it in advance.

It's interesting to me that it appears (APPEARS) that men on this board feel the need to defend the OP because she's a girl. Silly.
Bottom line is, the closer we get to Friday (Thursday for some - me :yess:), the less this thread matters.

I do think that the OP has erred in not sharing any information at all regarding her review or any figure news - as the title suggests.

Looking at her previous posts, it certainly does seem like she's connected in some way or another. That said, note to OP: be prepared to be called out on Star Wars stuff.

If she didn't know, well, she should have.

The best post in the entire thread.

Not sure why people feel the need to lie. If OP is full of ****, then, that's sad.

I don't know that they are full of **** in regards to knowing what happens in the movie, because a lot of people already knew basically the entire movie already. All I ever claimed was a lie was actually seeing the thing first person. I've literally seen about 100 fake "I've seen the movie" stories that regurgitated the leaks but like the OP weren't able to answer questions about specific things that are known to happen. And refusing to answer my question because they didn't want to "let it get out there" doesn't make a lot of sense because I already knew the answer. I could have made some claim that I have seen the movie and used that "what is the final scene, who is in it, and what do they talk about?" Thing I said as some cheeky backdoor plant to prove that I saw it. And everyone who sees the movie will understand why I asked that specific question. I have zero interest in trying to one up anyone. I've given the link to stuff that has leaked. There is no superiority complex involved in me trying to keep fellow fans from being misled. I am not the person who actually knew any of the stuff first hand.

Either way I apologize for coming off aggressive. I definitely wasn't attempting to. I think I carried over how things are typically discussed on other parts of the internet here where people are a lot more tranquil. I mean even in my every day life me and my friends tell each other they are being stupid of "full of crap". It just obviously doesn't translate well here since you people don't actually know me.

There is definitely a bridge in the movie. Multiple types. And a lot of faces.

The only thing I can think of that might have anything to do with a bridge is Han Solo but the face part still doesn't make sense.

So....... were they right? Or.....?

Back