The Expanse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some BTS footage from Cas:

The cast looks like they are genuinely having fun and enjoying each other's company!

What an amazing season finale. Looking forward to the next season and finding out some of the secrets of this show.

I've just finished the season. I'm not a book reader so I don't know how this compares to the books. It was pretty good. There were times where the plot was predictable. We finally get to see Mars! :)

Decided to do one episode a day. Just watched ep. 3. Man, this show blows disneys mando out of the water, just too good! Best sci-fi out at the moment.

Decided to do one episode a day. Just watched ep. 3. Man, this show blows disneys mando out of the water, just too good! Best sci-fi out at the moment.

I love this show, but it's hard to compare hard sci-fi to space opera. If you're referring to cinematography etc. that's a different story of course.

You're right, they don't compare. I just got hyped after watching ep.3 of this season, the story and acting along with the sets are really well done. If anyone wants some good sci-fi tv they should check this show out - start at the beginning.

Season five has been going for a few weeks, still really really good.

Do yourself a favour in the new year and check this show out. If you want sci-fi there is a reasonably high probability this show is the best one you will see in the year.

Hanging on the edge of my seat for the next episode.... I think ep 5 is up but haven't seen it yet.

Brilliant hard sci-fi, done right.

Hanging on the edge of my seat for the next episode.... I think ep 5 is up but haven't seen it yet.

Brilliant hard sci-fi, done right.

I'm still at work but I will watch it tonight. Not many shows in the last few years have felt as urgent. I would get up in the morning to watch Lost before work but it turned in to such a mess, and then Game of Thrones happened. So I've been severely burned twice, I hope this doesn't turn to ****.

Not a lot of chatter here.

Season 5 was a bit here and there with all those storylines to follow. Almost seems like they crammed too much in one (short) season. I liked the final episode though.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Not a lot of chatter here.

Season 5 was a bit here and there with all those storylines to follow. Almost seems like they crammed too much in one (short) season. I liked the final episode though.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I?d like to see Wes Chatham cast as Ben Grimm in the Fantastic Four movie coming from Marvel/Disney.
He’d be good before they go full cgi into the Thing.
C4356C14-6CF6-4040-9490-2F0D25B5A6ED.jpeg

Then have Steven Strait as Reed(with a little hair dye)
Theyve already got the same dynamic on the Expanse.
6C3B2448-1AF4-4DBA-88AE-C33D37BD20E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I haven't read the books but...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

This was an uneven season. It almost seems like something is missing this season plotwise, I could tell how it would end (except the one thing) at the second episode. Still one of the absolute best.

Damn good series.
Just finished watching the finale and I'm very satisfied. I especially love how they go in different directions with the storylines, but never lose sight of the big story.
I'll have to look up what the hell Cas Anvar did...

When I think of The Expanse I always think of it as one of the three sci-fi shows that began in 2015, along with Dark Matter and Killjoys.

The early seasons of The Expanse felt dense, complex, almost impenetrable at times. You had to really pay attention. Like Altered Carbon. Whereas Dark Matter and Killjoys were largely a lot less serious, and more fun.

As it's continued it's become a more standard show, especially the fifth season which almost completely lacked the element of mystery...until the very final scene of the last episode.

Back