The Expanse

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with that. The first few episodes of The Expanse was pretty hard to get into. I think it only really starts paying off when the crew get on the Roci and when Miller starts on his quest to find Julie. Before that, the world building was pretty hard to follow on first watch.

Final Season starts tomorrow. Also this, seems to be set in the TV show universe:

Nice! I haven't read the books, I wonder if that Telltale Series would explore that side more. Really looking forward to the final season. IMO this is the best sci-fi show out there right now. Hopefully they finish on a high.

Nice! I haven't read the books, I wonder if that Telltale Series would explore that side more. Really looking forward to the final season. IMO this is the best sci-fi show out there right now. Hopefully they finish on a high.
Only 6 episodes though which is concerning, they have a lot to wrap up.

Love this show. Looking forward to watching this last season at some point. One of the best SciFi shows of all time in my opinion. Sad to see it end, but hopefully it does so well and doesn't end with disappointment like so many other shows..

Saw the 1st episode of the last season... meh. So many actors and actresses are annoying. That "belter" speech, ugh. They pick up that idea from TWD?

TWD = The Walking Dead.

Haven't watched the new ep yet, keen to see it tonight though.
I'm almost ashamed to admit I have never watched The Walking Dead. :lol I probably should. Since I didn't watch it, I don't get his reference though.

By "belter speech", is it their accent/dialect? If so, it's actually something that adds to the show IMO. Just look at the many different accents and variations we have in English and we're all still on planet Earth. If I remember correctly, the people of Mars and the Belt have been developing their own society for around 200-300 years now? If so, their languages would definitely evolve in their own way.

The Expanse is my favorite series currently on TV—sci-fi or otherwise. I always tell folks they need to get about 4-5 shows in. I remember trying to watch it when it first came out and only got about one and a half episodes in (Thomas Jane in the fedora got on my nerves). A friend convinced me to give it another shot when S5 was 2 episodes in. I binged S1-S4 in about a week or so then watched each remaining episode the day it dropped. It's a bit of a slow burn at first due to the necessity for world building and character introduction, and there are a couple of lags in the storytelling, but overall it's a great series with an overarching narrative. The 6th (and final) season is already off to a solid start. I much prefer series that have a definitive end point as opposed to those that overstay their welcome.

I thought Bull (José Zúñiga) might be there to fill in for Alex ( Cas Anvar) as the new pilot of the Roci.
Yet no sign of him in the first ep. or cast credits for the season.

I thought Bull (José Zúñiga) might be there to fill in for Alex ( Cas Anvar) as the new pilot of the Roci.
Yet no sign of him in the first ep. or cast credits for the season.

I'm going to miss Alex on the show.

Back