The Evil Within by The Creator Of Resident Evil Shinji Mikami

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has some problems definitely, but nothing that broke the game, no where near it. The atmosphere, music, the randomness of the Xeno AI... a truly refreshing experience. Definitely the best horror game I've played in god knows how long.

I got this game for Christmas and finished it last weekend. I started a new game in the hardest difficulty and gave up on it. I'm not going to bother. Playing the game again with all the weapons and upgrades is good so I can have a more relaxed experience second time around. Overall, I think it's a solid game. The premise is great because it opens it up to so many possibilities. It would be cool to see a sequel of some sort, not necessarily involving the same characters or story, that will improve upon what they have created.

Assignment Ada?

haMb8of.jpg

tumblr_nas2n0ffZy1sc50xyo4_250.gif

I heard Julie and the Keeper will be playable characters in the DLC :yess:

Just bought this game on sale on PSN.Im on chapter 6 and so far i enjoy it.A slow start over the first 2-3 chapters with only a handgun with limited ammo.I was forced to sneak past the zombies.

I enjoyed The Assignment. It's mainly focused on stealth but the stealth works better here than in the main game. I only found myself annoyed with it during one point at the end of chapter 1, where it was too difficult to move, hide, and look and I had to redo it quite a few times. I do appreciate that the effort was made to create a different gameplay experience with new environments. I'm interested in what The Consequence will bring.

I may be the only one playing this anymore but I finished the Consequence yesterday and found it to be a mostly enjoyable experience. There is a boss character that is quite annoying and not fun at all to deal with which gave me the most trouble. Aside from that, there's a good mix of stealth, puzzles, and gunplay that made this dlc varied and interesting, more so than the first dlc. I think it wraps up all the story. I saw at least one person asking about the fate of a certain character. All I got to say about that is use your flashlight.

In spite of what I said in an earlier post, I found myself trying Akumu mode again. Once I hit chapter 3 and saw how small the blue bars are on the bombs, I dropped it to Nightmare and finished that run. By then, I knew exactly what I needed and when I needed it for Akumu so I went for it and had a more successful run than Nightmare. This just may be the first game I go for the platinum trophy.

I know it is not a perfect game, and I have a fair sized list of issues with it myself, but it is my kind of game. I keep coming back to it so they must have done right in enough ways to keep me engaged. The only other game I've played and replayed like this is Resident Evil 4. I really hope this becomes a series. They make some tweaks to this formula and it could be really great.

I just started playing this game again.

Downloaded The Assignment / The Consequence / The Executioner.

They did a good job with The Assignment & Consequence of creeping me the hell out.

But I was most interested in The Executioner, which I am playing at the moment.

Upgrading The Executioner at the moment and he's bad ass!

I just started playing this game again.

Downloaded The Assignment / The Consequence / The Executioner.

They did a good job with The Assignment & Consequence of creeping me the hell out.

But I was most interested in The Executioner, which I am playing at the moment.

Upgrading The Executioner at the moment and he's bad ass!

I completed the Executioner last night. The first run through was okay, but it's getting more fun with the upgrades on the second playthrough.

I completed the Executioner last night. The first run through was okay, but it's getting more fun with the upgrades on the second playthrough.

Yeah man awesome!

I too finished it last night and did a 2nd run through.

So far I have fully upgraded every thing and it helps with the Golden Hammer :D

Ended up picking this up tonight for $35. Needed something to tide me over until Lego Jurassic world and Arkham Knight. Hopefully this is half decent.

Back