The Evil Within by The Creator Of Resident Evil Shinji Mikami

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about to post this in the Deals thread, but Kmart has this game for $24.99 (in-store and online). You have to be a "Shop Your Way Customer", which is free to register for. Is it worth $25?

Kmart.com

I bought this game over the weekend and I'm already on Chapter 6.
This is a really good game!!!
I've been reluctant cause of course, most of the player's review has been been decisive, either you love it or hate it.

I personally think the problem with this is because since it was overly hyped, and since this is from Mikami, people are expecting it to be Resident Evil 7.
Since my expectations have been cautious, I really enjoyed it and couldnt put it down.
I love both Resident Evil and Silent Hill, and I finally see how some people are saying at its almost a mesh of the two.
I think they have successfully succeeded, cause in every single level...there is that feeling of dread, its like I'm playing a Silent Hill.
I found myself constantly Yelling *****, DAMN DAMN DAMN!!! Not just because of frurstration, but when I'm trying to be sneaky or not realizing there's a monster around the corner I didnt anticipate.
I found myself in several instances where I caught myself gritting my teeth cause I was trying not to get killed. So I think it did succeed in making you feel tense throughout the game.

I'm loving it.
If there's one thing I can critic, is that maybe the story could have been fleshed out a little bit more.

Last edited:
Yeah I seen it on Amazon for $24... it's tempting at that price. I still need Alien though, I might just buy both.

Yeah alien is cheap now too. I got it on PSN sale seeing as its reduced price was the same in stores.

PSN Is finally having competitive prices with disc

It's reduced? I just checked and it said $59.99.

On Amazon it's $48.

I might pick both up prior to Christmas weekend.

Wanted to give it a try but herd too much bad things. Watched quick walkthrough instead...
WTF?

_

Found the answer:

It was ok but I traded mine is and got a DS3 game with the funds to fill a Christmas present. I was surprised that I got $30 or so for it while it's selling for less in some places.

Id say its my favorite game this year, even though ive yet to finish it. That being said i didn't buy many games since not much interested me, It was an awful year of console games after all. So If you loved Resi4 then this is a must buy id say.

Got it for $15 and some change during the holiday season...haven't downloaded it yet. Looking forward to it though since my expectations are low.

Last edited:
Id say its my favorite game this year, even though ive yet to finish it. That being said i didn't buy many games since not much interested me, It was an awful year of console games after all. So If you loved Resi4 then this is a must buy id say.

tumblr_ngzrxjJ3gq1tghz4zo1_500.gif

excellent game. It has more of a silent hill feel. the story is told in that disjointed, twisted narrative. And it is full of great scares. To get the full effect, smoke up some Ganj beforehand, and dont start playing till 8pm in a dark room. Awesome boss fights too.

Wanted to give it a try but herd too much bad things. Watched quick walkthrough instead...
WTF?

_

Found the answer:

Peter Dinklage was in Destiny? :lol

The Evil Within has some good moments, but I gave up a quarter way into the game. Alien: Isolation is the only horror release from last year that's even worth mentioning.

As you know, Isolation wasn't perfect, either (especially with some segments midway and near the end). But, it's a horror experience like none other. In a sense, it became its own genre, instead of trying to copy a formula that was used before. It's truly an original game, in every sense.

Back