The Evil Within by The Creator Of Resident Evil Shinji Mikami

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since the patch i decided to try and enjoy it again. (completed it once through, then tried a few levels on new game+ with all the perks and weapons)

Started a new game on normal. So no perks, just knowledge of the upcoming areas ect. Removed the letterboxing and dropped my resolution (cheap way to get a better framerate when you dont have a top pc)

The removal of the letter box helps this game GREATLY. Its not without flaws, you can tell the letter box is meant to be there as when you have subtitles the bottom letter box section returns. And in half-cut scenes the letter boxes return as you are still walking around whilst dialogue is spoken and again letterbox for the full on cut scenes. It plays alot better, but the fact they keep coming and going is a distraction.

Now if only the game itself would have a way to remove the grain effect and id be much happier.

Game still plays awkwardly, but the lack of letter boxing helps you feel your surroundings better. But i honestly dont think once ive done this run through of the game ( did first 5 chapters in 1 sitting ) that ill ever play it again. Unless its to try a new patch or whatnot.

The irony of this is that the game made me want to get the Re 4 Ultimate HD edition on the PC and the Halloween half price sale pushed me over the edge in to actually buying it. I already had the game on ps3 in HD i cant get enough of Re 4. (and what the hell, did Steam fix Soul Reaver? i bought it about 11 months ago and decided to randomly try to load it up and it came on?!)

Finished this game a few days ago, now just playing through it again to leveling up all the stats.

Even though I have a better idea of where, what and how of the game, it still sends shivers through me as they have done a nice job of a horror environment.

I'm so disappointed with this game.:(

Chapter 1 was awesome...but everything after is ****.

Last edited:
I picked up the game again before for an hour as im going to a friends tomorrow and he wants to know more of what i think about it before he buys it.

Did it seem strange after you retrieve Josephs glasses after the dog-mutant boss fight that Seb is all cool with Joeseph and says it was no problem, and then Joseph says it wasnt about being able to see, its about being normal. For that a few seconds later Seb is like, what the hell was that all about with the glasses.

i'm at chapter 12 now, there are boring Chapters, i admit that especially the begining.. but can't deny that there are some interesting one's as well

I got a chance to play again last night and finished chapter 10. The Laura fight was a real pain in the ass and more frustrating than fun because I pretty much had to unload all my ammo from all my weapons to kill her. If I missed more than a few shots I would run out of ammo before she died. I ended up watching an IGN video because I wasn't sure you could actually kill her before escaping so I wanted to be sure. They must have been playing on easy because there was no way in hell she would go down in as few shots as in their video. In addition to burning the crap out of her, I needed multiple exploding bolts, multiple point blank shotgun blasts, rifle headshots, etc. before she finally died. All I had left was a flash bolt and some pistol rounds.

I'm glad I read this thread before playing, and set my expectations really low. Because I've been having a lot of fun with this game.

I just finished Chapter 11 tonight. I didn't bother killing Laura in 10 - I just opened the gate and ran out.

I was looking to buy this sometime this month. didn't know it had problems. Whats wrong with the game and anyone trying to platinum this game?

I'll probably be holding off unless i see some wicked black friday sale but i think dragon ages 3 and platinum watch dog will hold me till blood borne and witcher 3 lol.

Im only at Chapter 6 now.. but I am enjoying this more and more now to be honest ..

...I didn't bother killing Laura in 10 - I just opened the gate and ran out.

I did that as well after a while of being frustrated but I ended up reloading a save point and doing it again because dammit, I wanted the green goo! :lol

I was looking to buy this sometime this month. didn't know it had problems. Whats wrong with the game and anyone trying to platinum this game?...

I'm still on my first playthough and just not enjoying it enough to want to platinum it. I don't hate the game but once is enough for me with this one.

Just beat it. I really liked the game, and see myself replaying it (though not immediately).

The story wasn't good, but I've never found the stories to be that good in these types of games. I found the gameplay and aesthetics awesome, so that was good enough for me.

I also finished the game last night. It was ok, there were some frustrating things about it but overall I enjoyed it. However, I didn't enjoy it enough that I would buy any collectibles for it or replay it to complete the trophies. I pulled the disc out, put it back in the box and will probably try and trade it for Alien:Isolation if not just sell it.

I also finished the game last night. It was ok, there were some frustrating things about it but overall I enjoyed it. However, I didn't enjoy it enough that I would buy any collectibles for it or replay it to complete the trophies. I pulled the disc out, put it back in the box and will probably try and trade it for Alien:Isolation if not just sell it.
Thanks fritz,

Hopefully it goes on sale for black Friday if not I'm just gonna wait. Just picked up watch dogs on sale, have dragon age 3 waiting for me December 1st and I have kingdom Hearts 2.5 for December and (doh!) Destiny expansion. Should hold be down till February push.

My buddy took 7 days off to play dragon age, far cry 4 and assassin creed unity plus he hopes to platinum 2 of 3. He's got 23 platinums

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416540860.890039.jpg

Wow, the game is barely a month old and it's already half price!? I guess they must have more in stock than they anticipated. :doh

Back