The Evil Within by The Creator Of Resident Evil Shinji Mikami

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, the canon story is REmake, RE2, RE3, RECV The End. I always hated the idea that the biohazard at the lab was intentional by Marcus.

Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of that drastic retcon. I guess it worked okay though. I liked believing it was done by Umbrella, on purpose to test the virus. Hence why Wesker was leading STARS there etc...

I hope Evil Within sells well. I really do. I'm worried about it. I know we're excited about it, i just have a feeling it's not going to pull the numbers it needs.

It's hard for original games to do well these days, unless you have a massive marketing budget/campaign.

Yeah I feel nervous about it as well, but since Shinji has control over it I think it should be alright. Even though RE0 had a **** story I still think it's better than RE5-6.

Interesting. Shinji seems to take a portion of the blame for the changes in the survival horror genre.

https://m.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...me-out-of-the-commercial-failure-of-re-remake

Well, its clear that a good Survival Horror franchise can't have 2 games that are exactly alike, they have to bring something new each time. Dunno why Dead Space was ruined the first one was good, but scary? creepy, weird, disgusting yes but not scary. Maybe I got used to horror since I was little its hard for me to get scared at anything right now.

Outlast, Amnesia and all those games that I dislike sooooo much are just crap IMHO! those indie games pretend to be scary they are not, those games can't fill SH/RE shoes. Only Shinji can bring this genre back I think no one else can. As long as the gameplay/controls of Psycho Break is more realistic and limited everything will be fine

I'm just worried about one thing... one of the developers said that they don't want it to be 'too scary', they don't want the player so say "this is too scary" and turn off the console... WTF how is that ever going to happen? how can someone belive they can create something so scary that a player will do that? these guys at tango better don't be as stupid and arrogant as they seem

Yeah I feel nervous about it as well, but since Shinji has control over it I think it should be alright. Even though RE0 had a **** story I still think it's better than RE5-6.

Since RE 0 had 0 innovation and felt like a bad copy of REmake its safe to say that it killed the old survival horror, RECV too, yes thats right... I loved that game but since wesker's return a lot of people left the franchise and started palying other games, that can't be ignored

Last edited:
I was at a point in in the first Silent Hill, where I couldn't even play the game unless my brother was in the room with me. I was so scared :lol

I haven't felt that from a video game or movie in a long time. Probably from a combination of getting older and a bit of desensitizing. It came close with Silent Hill Downpour. A lot of that had to do with the fact that you were basically a walking meatsack in that game, with little to no combat ability. A lot of games these days set out to be scary but the player character it too capable. They're too strong. That's why I really get interested when a new horror game comes along claiming it's going to be extremely scary. Gets me hopeful.

I was at a point in in the first Silent Hill, where I couldn't even play the game unless my brother was in the room with me. I was so scared :lol

I haven't felt that from a video game or movie in a long time. Probably from a combination of getting older and a bit of desensitizing. It came close with Silent Hill Downpour. A lot of that had to do with the fact that you were basically a walking meatsack in that game, with little to no combat ability. A lot of games these days set out to be scary but the player character it too capable. They're too strong. That's why I really get interested when a new horror game comes along claiming it's going to be extremely scary. Gets me hopeful.

Same here, I was extremely exited about this a few days ago, now I realise this could be not as good as I think. I still have hope but I don't want to get my hopes up, at least it will be a quality game for sure, not like those retard indie games out there :lol

The problem is to me, these are almost equally as amazing

RE2 > RE3 > CV> RE1 > RE1 Remake

So now they are ranked in what I can replay over and over again.

The problem is to me, these are almost equally as amazing

RE2 > RE3 > CV> RE1 > RE1 Remake

So now they are ranked in what I can replay over and over again.

OK I gotcha. I agree with that setup but I'd have to put it...

RE2 > RE3 > REmake > RE1 > CV

Something about the atmosphere with RE2/3 can be played over and over. Capcom really nailed it with those two. RE3 is a side story basically and I think it's fantastic.

Can't wait for this game. If it's even half of what REmake was in terms of atmosphere, I'm happy. The Last of Us and The Evil Within really shows Crapcom how to do action horror. Hope they've learned their lesson.

OK I gotcha. I agree with that setup but I'd have to put it...

RE2 > RE3 > REmake > RE1 > CV

Something about the atmosphere with RE2/3 can be played over and over. Capcom really nailed it with those two. RE3 is a side story basically and I think it's fantastic.

Hell yes. I try to do a play through of those at least once a year.

Back