1/6 The Dark Knight: Batmobile - Tumbler (relaunch)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible (relaunch)

So . . . . since the 89 Batmobile is releasing next year, 2nd quarter. How does this impact those of you who were only going to buy one or the other? Will you now get both?

Honestly, yes. I wanted the Tumbler and but wasn't going to pay aftermarket prices for it. When I saw it was being re-released I was excited, but all my big purchases were dependent on the '89's release and price. '89 was #1 priority, so no that its over a year away, I have no qualms about picking up the Tumbler too.

Interestingly enough, I ordered the Tumbler on Flexpay, wasn't charged a NRD before I got the revised payment emails, and I see the NRD was pushed off to next month. I thought the NRD was paid right away?

Just got my Batman Tumbler in the mail....both of them. :yess:

I was able to find them cheap that's why I got two.

Honestly, I don't see anything spectacular about them but I guess it's a novelty thing.

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CPNTT0080lg.jpg

medscalebatman-etched-glass-tumbler%201.JPG

Well, today I Pre-Ordered this and the 89 Batmobile, I'm finally worthy of my sig! :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

So I'm sitting here and after a lot of debating and a few beers I decided to PO this...it's too bad ass not to pick up, and HT is smart, this'll be out this year and the 89 mobile next year...which makes it easier to explain to my GF.

Last edited:

So I'm sitting here and after a lot of debating and a few beers I decided to PO this...it's too bad ass to pick up, and HT is smart, this'll be out this year and the 89 mobile next year...which makes it easier to explain to my GF.

There is no debating, it's a must own. :tap

Good job. :lol

Man, this mofo is super tempting, but where the heck can I put this sucker? I am for sure getting the actual Batmobile (1989) but this one is still on the fence... but man that flexpay is nice... arrrgggghh!

Personally, I would prefer a batpod rerelease... that I would get with no problem.

M.

Last edited:

There is no debating, it's a must own. :tap

Good job. :lol

You are 100% correct....plus you old sig is forever ingrained in my head and I didn't want to miss out in this and feel how you did late on.

I’m just curious…after reading about some of the inaccuracies charged at the 1989 Batmobile by Blackthornone and others, has the Tumbler been scrutinized the same way? And how does its accuracy hold up next to its movie counterpart?

I’m just curious…after reading about some of the inaccuracies charged at the 1989 Batmobile by Blackthornone and others, has the Tumbler been scrutinized the same way? And how does its accuracy hold up next to its movie counterpart?

Off of the top of my head these are the common nitpicks with the first release:

1. The front wheels of the HT Tumbler don't have the spoke holes that the movie version has (same with the Bat-pod).

2. The rear wheels are too cylinderical and not donut tube-like (more rounded off sidewall edges, like in the movie.

3. The rear wheels rim "lip" should be painted black, not silver.

4. The front windsheild isn't as sharply angular as it should be.

5. Cockpit detail is really lacking. None of the roof monitors are included (probably to make it more practical to open and close) and the dash details have been greatly reduced.

6. Lots of details missing in the rear area in front of the rear wheels and around the sides of the afterburner tank.

7. There's a boxy area on the sides that has been made taller (on both sides) than it is in the movies to accomodate the batteries.

8. The LEDs light up "cooler" (more bluish) on both the Tumbler and Batpod than the warmer light of the movies

All that said, I am very pleased with it, and looking at it, it certainly feels like the Tumbler to me.

For more details check out r5150s's post here:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4234695&postcount=7217

He's got big plans to increase the accuracy level of it.

Last edited:

Has this been put back?

Think I got an email about flexpay payments which I forgot to keep now I can't log into my account to check lol

It was pushed back from May to August.

I have no money, and have no space, but preordered both Batmobiles :yess:

Back