The "Currently trying to resist" thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Failed. Miserably. Oh, well! Goodbye, new, spring wardrobe!

ss_manthingcomiquette_1-744541.jpg

If I may assist you in your endeavour to not buy those consider these blackmarks against them:

-V1 Hot Toys is completely obsolete because of the DX. There is literally nothing that Joker has that the DX does not as far as I can think
-DC directs one......really? DC direct?
-V1 Hot Toys bears no resemblance whatsoever to Heath
-DC direct may have been closer in resemblance if I recall correctly but it was still blown totally out of the water by Bank Robber Joker

I mean if you want to be completist about it because you're a major TDK and Heath fan then go for it I suppose but y'know I'm a major T2 fan and I wouldn't go near that quarter scale T-800 with your wallet.

Yeah that's the main reason. I really want a picture with all the Jokers together!

I am aware of the reasons not to buy the V1, but I think the head sculpt is kind of cool. Now that I have the BR and the DX, the V1 has a certain allure.

As to the DC Joker... well I guess it's just the completest thing. :eek:

Both of these figures are cheap on Amazon right now. That's another big draw. I never would have paid list price for either one.

Successfully resisted :

1. HT John Connor
2. HT Marcus Wright
3. HT Joker V1

Still trying hard to resist :

1. HT T-600 standard version
2. HT T-700
3. Enterbay Storm Riders Figures.

2. HT T-700

Don't buy the T-700 - firstly it wasn't a T-700 in the film - any endoskeleton we saw apart from the T-600 was actually a T-800. Secondly the T-700 figure, being just a T-800 endo figure with a different surface texture, is not accurate to the main T-800 in T4. Its generic at best. Thirdly it is rumoured that Hot Toys will be having another crack at the endoskeleton as part of the T2 or T1 line.

Both of these figures are cheap on Amazon right now. That's another big draw. I never would have paid list price for either one.

Well, given the rest of your post, you may be able to justify it. It would have been better for you though had you gotten those before the far superior BRJ and DX Joker like most of us. Going backwards and buying inferior products for the sake of completism is something I may have done in the past myself but would certainly try to avoid in the future.

Last edited:
a-dev said:
Don't buy the T-700 - firstly it wasn't a T-700 in the film - any endoskeleton we saw apart from the T-600 was actually a T-800. Secondly the T-700 figure, being just a T-800 endo figure with a different surface texture, is not accurate to the main T-800 in T4. Its generic at best. Thirdly it is rumoured that Hot Toys will be having another crack at the endoskeleton as part of the T2 or T1 line.

Thanks for the good info there :D I do noticed the uncanny similiarities between them but since it is marked by the official source (it is official isn't it?) as a T-700, so be it.
The T-700 is actually going at quite an affordable price in my part of the world and I don't have a T-800 endo so getting one - while waiting for HT to come out with a Ver 2 of 800 - damage is bearable... hear hear!! look at me trying to convince myself getting it again! Oh well, perhaps a T-600 should suffice for now :p

Trying hard to resist the Cover Girls of the DC Universe statue line. If I buy even one of 'em, that'll make me venture into statues, and my wallet is already getting burned by 1:6-scale action figures.

But everytime I look at Zatanna (my favorite heroine), I just couldn't help but think - what if I collect this line?

3268380847_138dd9af59.jpg

Also, I want this PF so badly!!!!

ResizeofParis156.jpg

Wish it'd rain money! That'll solve our problems! :) That'll make the decision-making very easy - or no need to decide at all! :naughty

Last edited:
I resisted until recently to the Gentle Giant Dewback & Sandtrooper and Scout on Speederbike statues, but got them not too long ago at a good price so they are out. I'm also resisting to SS Scout on Speederbike PF, Code 3 Darth Vader TIE Fighter (regular), SS 1:1 Emperor bust and HCG Predator 1:1 mask. But somehow I know the next will be the Code 3 Vader's TIE Fighter...

Last edited:
I resisted until recently to the Gentle Giant Dewback & Sandtrooper and Scout on Speederbike statues, but got them not too long ago at a good price so they are out. I'm also resisting to SS Scout on Speederbike PF, Code 3 Darth Vader TIE Fighter (regular), SS 1:1 Emperor bust and HCG Predator 1:1 mask. But somehow I know the next will be the Code 3 Vader's TIE Fighter...

I resisted Sideshow's 1:1 SW line until recently. I got Greedo, Bossk, Yoda and Palpaltine within the past month. :banghead

The animated Disney PFs, though entries like Malificent make it somewhat easier.

:monkey4

I canceled my first Queen order after seeing Maleficent and getting into the SW 1:1 bust line. Got on the waitlist again for the queen and thinking about canceling again. I just don't know what to do. :banghead

Trying to resist:
Medicom Kenada and Bike- sold off most of my animated style 1/6 figures so this one isn't too hard, also the price is ridiculous

I'm trying to resist as well. I ordered the Blu-ray yesterday, so I'm hoping that doesn't make me snap and place an order.

Since my focus are OT Imperials I'd need only Vader (ordered) and Palps. But with Palpie I'll wait a bit.

I wish my focus was that narrow. Mine is OT only, so at least I don't have to drop some coin on Maul. :banana

I wish my focus was that narrow. Mine is OT only, so at least I don't have to drop some coin on Maul. :banana

Yeah, but still there are tons of Imperials items I'm missing, and don't want to go into MR Vader LE sabers (not really interested in lightsabers, but they are still in the focus), MR AT-AT LE (I have the SE but I collect OT Imperials so...), Attakus Imperials (so many cool statues), custom made 1:1 Stormtrooper armor, plus a series of custom made 1:1 Imperial helmets (Royal Guard, Scout, TIE Pilot, AT-AT Driver, Death Star gunner etc.). There are many Imperials collectibles out there and so little money :rolleyes::eek:

...MR AT-AT LE (I have the SE but I collect OT Imperials so...)...

I'd love to get some of those MR studio scale, but most are expensive and hard to find now. :( I might just have to start with eFX.

There are many Imperials collectibles out there and so little money :rolleyes::eek:

This is true with collectibles in general. :lol

I'd love to get some of those MR studio scale, but most are expensive and hard to find now. :( I might just have to start with eFX.

I have the Stormie helmet from eFX since I missed the old MR one, glad that Bryan @ eFX helped me get mine. They are releasing cool items like the X-Wing and the soon to come TIE Fighters.

This is true with collectibles in general. :lol

Yeah:eek::D

I have the Stormie helmet from eFX since I missed the old MR one, glad that Bryan @ eFX helped me get mine. They are releasing cool items like the X-Wing and the soon to come TIE Fighters.

Their X-Wing turned out sweet. And I know the TIE will be as well. Just imagine if they do a Star Destroyer. :drool

Thanks for the good info there :D I do noticed the uncanny similiarities between them but since it is marked by the official source (it is official isn't it?) as a T-700, so be it.
The T-700 is actually going at quite an affordable price in my part of the world and I don't have a T-800 endo so getting one - while waiting for HT to come out with a Ver 2 of 800 - damage is bearable... hear hear!! look at me trying to convince myself getting it again! Oh well, perhaps a T-600 should suffice for now :p

I don't know the full story about where 'T-700' came from but there is no referances to it in T4...but there most certainly is referances to 'T-800'. I'd believe that moreso than the name on the Hot Toys figure. Maybe they were going to call it a T-700 but changed their minds after they had already sent out the concepts etc to Playmates and Hot Toys.

I still say don't bother with it. The T-600 though is an excellent figure. My only beef with it is it should have a stronger, more projecting chin to be accurate to the film. So...if you're a Terminator fan and you like the McG T-600 design (which I do, despite it being unlike what Kyle Reese described in T1) then go for that one....but I still suggest you wait to see what better 800 style endoskeleton may come out.

Trying to resist:
HT Comedian- will likely crack, but haven't yet
HT Wolverine- love the figure, hate the movie... will still likey crack
Medicom Kenada and Bike- sold off most of my animated style 1/6 figures so this one isn't too hard, also the price is ridiculous
HT Marcus Wright- Will likely get, but waiting for a deal

Pass
Buy
Pass
Pass

You're welcome :wave

Well, given the rest of your post, you may be able to justify it. It would have been better for you though had you gotten those before the far superior BRJ and DX Joker like most of us. Going backwards and buying inferior products for the sake of completism is something I may have done in the past myself but would certainly try to avoid in the future.

Well, I bought the DC Joker earlier this week ($37.34 ) and I bought the Hot Toys V1 Joker today ($89.44).

$126.78 total (including shipping. Not too bad I guess. :eek:

Now I'll have 7 1/6th Heath Jokers! :rock

Last edited:
Back