The "Currently trying to resist" thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've successfully resisted some and failed at resisting others.

Stuff I have successfully resisted:

Mech Tech Tony Starks
Statues (If I was to give into them I'd be opening a whole new expensive can of worms)
Predator line
Rocky line
Terminator line

Stuff I have failed at resisting
OC Batman
Superman 2 in 1
Iron Man line

Struggling with
DX Batman
HT Blade II

I stated this hobby saying that I was only going to collect Bruce Lee figures but now I've branched out to HT Batman, Superman, and Iron Man. This is an addicting hobby.

Top 5 Resist List:

#5...........HT Big Chap, pretty easy actually.

#4...........HT Blade, the tweeked HS and weapons made me twitch, twice.

#3...........HT Wolverine, great body, but lacks accesories. Twitched several times, like Tony Montoya gettin' filled with lead in scar-face.

#2...........HT Marcus Wright. Ah srewit can't resistgonnagobuyitonfriday.

Now my list is trashed and everything listed from 4 down is fair game.:banghead

:lol and also :( - my sympathies.

Still struggling with Blade. I don't think hes in stock anymore, he could get restocked though. Yesterday I saw pics with smaller sunglasses than the ones that come with the figure and suddenly any doubts I may have had about the likeness were gone. It looked amazing. I just have to keep telling myself - "YOU WERE NEVER INTO THE BLADE FRANCHISE!!!!"

I was heavily tempted by Marcus Wright at one point but I remembered the reasons I was passing on him in the first place - hes a one-off newb character, he would miss young Kyle Reese as part of the collection....T4 wasn't particularly good etc etc

The Big Chap Alien is the easiest pass I've ever had - a crowning disappointment on an overall disappointing treatment by Hot Toys of the Alien creatures.

I must be the worst collector out there since there's nothing that I am resisting. The only thing I would like is the Alien Warrior maquette, but since I don't have the room nor the money for it, ain't gonna happen

That may not be so bad if there really isn't all that much that you want. Do you not find yourself tempted by things that you had never had much of a prior interest in? Have you ever tried to persuade yourself that you want something just because it looks cool and would add diversity or a sense of greater completion to your collection - and yet its something you're just not a massive fan of? This was me with the Hot Toys Iron Man. I was buying other superheroes so I felt I had to get that. And now I'm on and off persuading myself that I need the Mech Test Suit Tony Stark.

:lol and also :( - my sympathies.

That may not be so bad if there really isn't all that much that you want. Do you not find yourself tempted by things that you had never had much of a prior interest in? Have you ever tried to persuade yourself that you want something just because it looks cool and would add diversity or a sense of greater completion to your collection - and yet its something you're just not a massive fan of? This was me with the Hot Toys Iron Man. I was buying other superheroes so I felt I had to get that. And now I'm on and off persuading myself that I need the Mech Test Suit Tony Stark.

I can look at something and appreciate it but if I am not into something, no matter how great it'd look, I just don't feel compelled to get it. The funny thing is I think I am completely burned out on Hot Toys...I know it's just me, but just having a few is enough for me. Yes it's a good thing and my wallet thanks me:lol

The animated Disney PFs, though entries like Malificent make it somewhat easier.

:monkey4

I want the Master Replicas Predalien Chestburster really badly. I think I can resist, but it's so cool, I don't think I should.

Trying to resist:
HT Comedian- will likely crack, but haven't yet
HT Wolverine- love the figure, hate the movie... will still likey crack
Medicom Kenada and Bike- sold off most of my animated style 1/6 figures so this one isn't too hard, also the price is ridiculous
HT Marcus Wright- Will likely get, but waiting for a deal

Trying to resist dx Bats...Don't want to deal with the oil issues, but I am a gambling man....

If you like TDK enough i say go for it,but ive heard they will release a third batch later but that is just something ive heard here so don`t know if it`s true.

The animated Disney PFs, though entries like Malificent make it somewhat easier.

:monkey4

I was mistaken, I'm actually struggling to resist that as well. Malificent doesn't look bad enough to make it any easier for me to resist that line though.

I can look at something and appreciate it but if I am not into something, no matter how great it'd look, I just don't feel compelled to get it.

:bow I'm trying to get there.

I just keep thinking of the figures I'd love to have that I just cannot risk buying because they'd be taking me onto new collecting themes...and a whole new attack of completist need would subsequently strike me and my wallet. Themes like WWII movie figures, Swords 'n Sandals movie figures...even any figure that has a great likeness of an actor or actress.

Sideshow ALIENS Warrior Maquette...

I actually promised myself that I won't collect anything related to the Alien franchise after I got the SS Queen diorama, but this damn maquette is really hard to resist. Especially since I do have enough money atm to purchase it right away....

What a great idea for a thread! It's like group therapy for sex addicts that just turns into a big orgy! :)

If you like TDK enough i say go for it,but ive heard they will release a third batch later but that is just something ive heard here so don`t know if it`s true.

Yes, a shipment in May apparently. Which gives my wallet a breather as well. Hopefully all the kinks would be worked out by then, but again, I would have to preorder, not knowing if the kinks are worked out.:eek:

I've been resisting but...it's not easy

pf_mola_ram_07.jpg

Right now I am putting up a feeble resistance to buying 2 Jokers.

1) Hot Toys V1 Joker

2) DC Direct 1/6 Joker

If I buy these then (I think) I will have every 1/6 scale Heath Joker made!

If I may assist you in your endeavour to not buy those consider these blackmarks against them:

-V1 Hot Toys is completely obsolete because of the DX. There is literally nothing that Joker has that the DX does not as far as I can think
-DC directs one......really? DC direct?
-V1 Hot Toys bears no resemblance whatsoever to Heath
-DC direct may have been closer in resemblance if I recall correctly but it was still blown totally out of the water by Bank Robber Joker

I mean if you want to be completist about it because you're a major TDK and Heath fan then go for it I suppose but y'know I'm a major T2 fan and I wouldn't go near that quarter scale T-800 with your wallet.

Yes, a shipment in May apparently. Which gives my wallet a breather as well. Hopefully all the kinks would be worked out by then, but again, I would have to preorder, not knowing if the kinks are worked out.:eek:

I recently checked with my online retailer about this and I was told that the Diamond batch was due in June.

Back