The Craw's First Attempt at a Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
excellent work there mate, i have four of those to do, just waiting for the right time to get on with them..........wiring looks spot on also.

How does that Murray sculpt look in person on the body? Kind of small still? Pack looks great.

How does that Murray sculpt look in person on the body? Kind of small still? Pack looks great.
it's not too bad. what it really needs is a longer neck i think. like i mentioned earlier, just dont let his clothes get too bulky and he looks fine. also looks better at an angle. i really like this shot:
IMG_0014.jpg

Looking awesome so far! I would sugest maybe using a different body with smaller hands... BBi would probably work well, you'd just need to paint the hands, or maybe get gloved hands.

Looking awesome so far! I would sugest maybe using a different body with smaller hands... BBi would probably work well, you'd just need to paint the hands, or maybe get gloved hands.
definately getting a different body. i just slapped this one together to see what he looked like. gonna get gloves for sure. it's just hard to find some accurate ones. i tried him on a truetype yesterday. didnt like it cuz of the wide shoulders. just didnt look right. dont like the buck cuz the head doesnt fit on the neck right. i'll figure something out.

That looks great! Try a Dragon body Craw. They have gloved hands that would probably work just fine.

Yep, they are cheap (less than $5), pose well and easy to find gloved hands for since they've made so many figures over the years.

Yep, they are cheap (less than $5), pose well and easy to find gloved hands for since they've made so many figures over the years.

QFT :lecture

And it will help on the head size as well, since they are a bit smaller.

Great work on the pack, you did an amazing job. I only hope to do even half as good, I am procrastinating on this one. :lol

Outstanding job on your first custom, Craw! Looks like you've been doing it for years. Venkman's head will probably look just right on a Dragon body. Looking forward to seeing him painted and fully decked out for some serious ghost bustin', man!

LOOKS great craw, on a personal note, i wouldn´t recommend those cheap bodies, i have one, and with the pack on, he just falls. The hip joints aren´t strong enough. And it´s a pain in the ass because when i take him out of the base, his upper body falls back and forward.

Sal

Last edited:
yeah the body is a tough decision for me. dont really know what to do. but i will be using a stand. i always use a stand. things sometimes get rowdy at The Craw's place on the weekend and stuff gets bumped into. hopefully the stand will help support the heavy pack. i've seen your video of your venkman taking a bow CAZ. did you ever try using a stand?

Back