The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone watched the "gallery" thing for BoBF yet? Any further insights into how this mess happened?

It focussed on the better bits, and the creators insisted it was all part of the connected world.

Yet they barely touched on the Mod Squad and their Lambrettas.

Apart from showing Ming-Na Wen getting her cybernetic gut, the Mods only showed up near the end.

This shot was particularly jarring...

vlcsnap-2022-05-12-11h46m43s889.jpg

Temuera was looking pretty fit in the behind the scenes footage.

vlcsnap-2022-05-12-11h17m42s301.jpg

It focussed on the better bits, and the creators insisted it was all part of the connected world.

Apart from showing Ming-Na Wen getting her cybernetic gut, the Mods only showed up near the end.

View attachment 576697

View attachment 576698

As expected really, to be fair. Focus on the positive, downplay the negative.
That behind the scenes pick of the green scooter really looks atrocious.
Tem looks in great shape in that pic. Guys 60 and look at those arms.
Must be costume choices that make him look out of shape in the show?

I’m actually surprised this isn’t more well known. She saw the original in theaters, started a Star Wars club in school, dressed up as Leia and Luke constantly over the decades, and had a massive growing collection of lightsabers and other Star Wars merch long before she ever got the role of Fennec. She still has all her old Star Wars toys from childhood, and during the comic con I went to, absolutely killed it with her summary of why Shadows of the Empire kept Star Wars relevant in the 90s.
FDHbUqNaAAA3Ywk

CWTVQfkXIAIFYZt.jpg
That's why I have to laugh when overweight, single & dateless, still living in their parent's home, forty-something nerds rage over the fact that "gurls" like Star Wars too. :lol

I sponsor a Comic Book Club at my high school and we have 11 girls in the club. That number has fluctuated over the years, sometimes more sometime less, but girls like/love comics and sci-fi just as much as boys.

I just started dating a woman who knows more about Star Wars then I do! :thud: :love

That's why I have to laugh when overweight, single & dateless, still living in their parent's home, forty-something nerds rage over the fact that "gurls" like Star Wars too. :lol

I sponsor a Comic Book Club at my high school and we have 11 girls in the club. That number has fluctuated over the years, sometimes more sometime less, but girls like/love comics and sci-fi just as much as boys.

I just started dating a woman who knows more about Star Wars then I do! :thud: :love
I'm going to assume that who you started dating isn't one of the 11 high school girls in the club. :rotfl

View attachment 576697

View attachment 576698
One of the big dropped balls that BoBF had that isn’t readily apparent is the costume designer really, REALLY didn’t do a good job.

TM IS in great shape… but they stuck him in oversized puffy robes, ill-fitting pieces, or having a fight scene in his underwear covered in jelly. Seeing how better-fit Mando was in his outfit was very unflattering. The wrong outfit can make a normal guy look skinny or overweight on that choice alone.

And it’s the same design flaw for the Mods. Now, the writing was still poor, but I don’t think anyone would have immediately hated them if they at least LOOKED good. Like, you tell me a lawless gang of cyborg bikers are causing trouble in the seedy underworld of Mos Eisley and I think that sounds cool!
sci-fi-cyborg-futuristic-motorcycle-post-apocalyptic-hd-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Mad Max meets Star Wars, right?

And the scooters themselves - those candy colored abominations - are supposed to be the equivalent of motorcycles, but Tattoine’s established sports cars motif were junky pod racers that were grungy and gritty, even with color.
databank_boontaeveclassicpodracerpilots_01_169_e6dc291f.jpeg

But the designer went with the absolute polar opposite aesthetic trying to fit 50s greaser mod culture into this garbage heap of a world and making them stand out like a sore thumb. A simple design choice with immediate backlash.

Watching the gallery episode made me sick when Filoni and Favreau were bigging up Rodriguez like he was Spielberg making Raiders or something.

That same hyperbole has now made me very cautious with all if their future projects.

I'll dip in and rewatch the Mando eps from this abomination only.

Last edited:
Watching the gallery episode made me sick when Filoni and Favreau were bigging up Rodriguez like he was Spielberg making Raiders or something.

That same hyperbole has now made me very cautious with all if their future projects.

I'll dip in and rewatch the Mando eps from this abomination only.
As much as I agree, it does crack me up that Mando is in half the episodes… and is the sole entire focus for 1/3rd of the show.

View attachment 576698
That’s what I’ve been saying for a while. He doesn’t have Bulloch’s skinny build. He’s solid and unfortunately the costume makes his bulk come across as just fat. The chest armor was just a bit too small for a guy his size. Compared to how it looked on the lanky Cobb Vanth it becomes clear they didn’t try to resize Bulloch’s armor to better fit Morrison. It’s an unfortunate inconsistency due to having two very differently built actors playing the same character.

Maybe we have had it wrong after all these years. Boba Fett was such a BA that he was the one actually digesting the sarlacc. Explains a lot. Well that is the way I see it.

Yup, complete horse ****.

I only just watched the "Gallery" video and it was a struggle. I loved the Mando ones, particularly the dedicated Luke one; the way they all spoke about the legacy and respect for the universe (and fans) was inspiring.

After watching the Fett one, I have zero respect for any of them, because their "reasons/explanations" were so cringe-inducing, I just thought the success of Mando has completely gone to all their heads - or - they're spewing out a script because they know the show is such a dumpster fire (which is just as bad as having delusion of grandeur, because they're nothing more than shills).

So RR came up with what he calls “The Fennec Look” where she puts Fett in his place by a single look.

Great so instead of a bad ass bounty hunter RR went and just gave me my daily routine with my wife, just wonderful just what I want from SW.

How about this jem of a quote from KK regardy Fennec:

“He (Fett) really depends on her.”

Ughh

Fett couldn’t even bed her what a fool lol

Last edited:
Back