The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to see what humiliation Lucasfilm has in store for Boba Fett tonight. Romantic moment with Fennec where he reveals impotence? Belittled by Emilia Clarke before she beats him senseless in hand to hand combat? Scooter gang girl calls him a moron and steals the Slave 1?

hqltwmnmwkc71.gif

.So, did these cyperpunk dweebs get and mod their Vespas, and also make themselves cyborgs, all during Fett's one week on the throne? GTFO.

If stealing a week's worth of water could pay for all of that, just imagine how many of those people lining the streets would've been rushing that big water tower that came crashing down during the lame chase scene. A water monger would be living like a king.

The complete disregard for plot logic would be fine if it was limited to this Vespa gang/water monger storyline, but the lazy writing has plagued the entire show thus far. There are countless examples of it. All the rationalizations for Vespa gang contradictions fall apart just by paying attention to the stupid story itself.
Then let me spell out for you how the episode itself constructs the timeline so that I don't need to bother imagining one:

1.) Water monger says that no water was stolen when other daimyos had control.

2.) Both the Vespa gang and the water monger explicitly state that *one week's* worth of water was stolen. That's the only amount the water monger is seeking restitution for.

3.) Fett has been in charge during that week.

4.) The Vespa gang is supposed to be sympathetic because they claim to be too poor to afford water since there are no jobs. The implication being that the water monger is ripping people off during tough times.

That's enough info for me to be confident in knowing that their cybernetic implants and shiny Vespas are contradicting the claims of being too poor. And it's more than enough info to know that they didn't afford those things by selling the water they stole from the water monger.

Should be clear enough now.
Except again its only your own ^ ridiculous strained invented timeline that makes the contradiction, I only watched it once yet you can better infer they got their fancy Mods and bikes under the previous Daimo (*Fortuna), when there was lucrative work.
Which is their whole complaint about Fett and no work now,
How simple is that, should be clear enough. :wink1:
If they moved on, it's cause it didn't need more explaining since it was so obvious, It's you desperately (and incorrectly) breaking down this near meaningless minutia, so you can complain more.
Again who TF cares, when there is an "exciting" Quadrophenia Mods vs Boss Hog scooter chase to get to!.:lol

Last edited:
This made me laugh. But its an excellent point.

We've had it easier a bit with Batman because there's a natural "universe" to separate them -- Burton's World, Nolan World, etc. It was harder with Star Wars, especially when Lucas was controlling everything -- OT and PT. Disney gave us a kind of "new universe" break, except that Lucas kind of remains involved here and there, its all very unclear. So timelines kind of help separate the variant Lucas's out of the equation.

:duff

It works for me too!!!
I think the perpetual struggle I've wrestled with has all been on account of SW always maintaining the illusion that it has been one continuous story from the very beginning when in reality is has been repackaged two times over now since its original incarnation to give us three distinct, and separate, narratives. Very clever on Lucas's and now Disney's part!

So Fett 1 (Bulloch/Wingreen) is a total badass and clearly the coolest of all Fetts.

Fett 2 (AOTC/TCW/TM ESB:SE) is decent but not as sinister sounding and with an annoying "whiny kid" backstory.

Fett 3 (Tython/BOBF) is full on Police Squad hilarity.

And honestly I find that I prefer the hot/cold extremes of Fett 1 and 3 to the annoyingly bland one that Lucas ended with, lol.

Last edited:
Except again its only your own ^ ridiculous strained invented timeline that makes the contradiction, I only watched it once yet you can better infer they got their fancy Mods and bikes under the previous Daimo (*Fortuna), when there was lucrative work.
Which is their whole complaint about Fett and no work now,
How simple is that, should be clear enough. :wink1:
If they moved on, it's cause it didn't need more explaining since it was so obvious, It's you desperately (and incorrectly) breaking down this near meaningless minutia, so you can complain more.
Again who TF cares, when there is an "exciting" Quadrophenia Mods vs Boss Hog scooter chase to get to!.:lol

* (not affirmed they could even have "worked" for him, get it)
You ask "who TF cares?" yet keep wasting your time finding reasons to justify something you deem irrelevant (the Vespa gang having fancy things while being portrayed as too destitute to afford water).

Some viewers (myself included) assume that a destitute group of youths would look far more haggard if the point was to make them sympathetic for having to resort to stealing. Y'know... as opposed to selling their stuff or riding their Vespas to a district where there *is* work. But if it doesn't bother you, then why worry about it seeming weird to anyone else? :wink1:

But I do like your assertion that Fett's tenure as daimyo has already wiped out the jobs in Mos Espa. I mean, incompetent crime boss learning the ropes is one thing, but I didn't realize that catastrophically inept enough to dry up a job market in record time was the design to start Fett's arc from. I love it! Uncle Fettster strikes again! :lol

I think the perpetual struggle I've wrestled with has all been on account of SW always maintaining the illusion that it has been one continuous story from the very beginning when in reality is has been repackaged two times over now since its original incarnation to give us three distinct, and separate, narratives. Very clever on Lucas's and now Disney's part!

So Fett 1 (Bulloch/Wingreen) is a total badass and clearly the coolest of all Fetts.

Fett 2 (AOTC/TCW/TM ESB:SE) is decent but not as sinister sounding and with an annoying "whiny kid" backstory.

Fett 3 (Tython/BOBF) is full on Police Squad hilarity.

And honestly I find that I prefer the hot/cold extremes of Fett 1 and 3 to the annoyingly bland one that Lucas ended with, lol.
By ROTJ we were already up to Han # 2 and Vader # 2 :slap

You ask "who TF cares?" yet keep wasting your time finding reasons to justify something you deem irrelevant
Yeah who TF cares about the minutia of when they got their scooters you are obsessing on. Just place it before you said so. It's not complicated.
If I can mock Favreau and Rodriguez story telling and plot
Your complaint about your own absurd invented plot and time-line , was also fair game :lol

Last edited:
But I do like your assertion that Fett's tenure as daimyo has already wiped out the jobs in Mos Espa. I mean, incompetent crime boss learning the ropes is one thing, but I didn't realize that catastrophically inept enough to dry up a job market in record time was the design to start Fett's arc from. I love it! Uncle Fettster strikes again! :lol

This Fett and Brandon have a lot in common. Probably not exactly what Lucasfilm was going for but their similarities are unmistakable 🤣

So if a major studio bought a property which included a significant supporting character that you loved, then the studio brought on a filmmaker to develop the character's show but who said your beloved character was "way more popular than he should have been" so one could "kind of do whatever you want" - ie so he clearly didn't "get" the character you loved at all - and changed that character into not only something quite different, but something you felt was lame and almost pathetic, how would you feel?

And if someone who, like the hired filmmaker, NEVER got the appeal of your beloved character at all, in fact the reverse - thought the character was an overhyped bore and denigrated people who liked him - weighed in saying how much they liked the direction that the filmmaker was taking the character, how would you respond?
No sure why anyone would care what I would say. Calling Boba Fett a “major” supporting character is going a bit far in my opinion. That was my first post into this thread at all, Clearly after reading back a few pages , some fans are pissed about this show. So what else is new? Fans pissed at the direction Disney ks taking Star Wars? My gosh how can that be.
I think alot of fans once again had their head cannon squashed, and they are pissed about it.
Proably best to stop watching Star Wars shows. This is pretty much what every Star Trek forum looks like after every new movie and show….

This Fett and Brandon have a lot in common. Probably not exactly what Lucasfilm was going for but their similarities are unmistakable 🤣
Inconsistent mask usage, hates guns, a crumbling economy with record division, Pykes pouring across the border, no one respects him and everyone sees him as weak, a woman does all the talking for him, I bet the Vespas in your avatar were there just to make sure he made it up the stairs, lol.

Can't wait to wake up to another barrage of hate for the next episode. :lol Might save me the 40/50 minutes like last time.

Inconsistent mask usage, hates guns, a crumbling economy with record division, Pykes pouring across the border, no one respects him and everyone sees him as weak, a woman does all the talking for him, I bet the Vespas in your avatar were there just to make sure he made it up the stairs, lol.
Which makes him an imposter stealing the seat and persona of Fett all the more likely lol

Next episode, Boba will start sniffing the Vespa girls hair.

Back