The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what Native Americans and people of Arab background think of Disney using Tusken Raiders as a pandering, painfully obvious thematic stand-in for them?
Ol' Filoni's painfully stereotypical 'Noble Savage' fetish. :rolleyes:

It's all over his work.

When 8D8 said that the assassins fear no man I was pretty shocked when Fennec asked if he'd fear the Rancor. It seemed like Disney would have jumped at the chance to give her an "Eowen" moment so kudos to them for not going that route.

I'm not Native American or of Arab ancestry, but I think I'd find it pretty offensive and demeaning if I was.
And yet Morrison by intent extrapolated analogues elements that were already there and brought even more Maori elements into their "culture" which could just as well serve as an analogue,
5364535114_5744a08cac_b.jpg

...and seemed proud to have it be part of them, even proudly reinforcing it.
So you might just be projecting it's all automatically "offensive and demeaning"

Last edited:
When 8D8 said that the assassins fear no man I was pretty shocked when Fennec asked if he'd fear the Rancor. It seemed like Disney would have jumped at the chance to give her an "Eowen" moment so kudos to them for not going that route.
Good thing she didn't say, "Boba Fett is no man!" 🙄

Boba - What?

Fennc - :chug

Ironically (in the style of centuries-ago slavery I mean) in present-day Arab North Africa.
Not just "Arab North Africa", in fact they are mostly lower on the list, scroll down.
https://www.globalslaveryindex.org/2018/findings/regional-analysis/africa/
Within the region, Eritrea, Burundi, and Central African Republic were the countries with the highest prevalence of modern slavery; however, Nigeria and the Democratic Republic of the Congo had the highest absolute number and accounted for over one-quarter (26.3 percent) of all victims in the region.

Last edited:
Ironically (in the style of centuries-ago slavery I mean) in present-day Arab North Africa.

Do extremely low-wage workers count as some form of "slavery"? Or just indentured servant? What about White Slavery?

I suppose they are discussing changing that name rather than doing something about it.

It's offensive and demeaning to very specifically associate an animalistic savage fantasy creature with a real indigenous people like Native Americans, culturally appropriating their historical struggles and background.
So why are you doing it?

He may be of Maori ancestry and have briefly brought in Haka, but we are not being asked to - specifically - thematically associate Tuskens with Maori.

It's offensive and demeaning to very specifically associate an animalistic savage fantasy creature with a real indigenous people like Native Americans, culturally appropriating their historical struggles and background.
TM is half Scottish as well. Perhaps the Tuskens can bid him farewell with a rousing rendition of Auld Lang Syne on the bagpipes.

How did this thread diviate into a slavery discussion, when the show is about a retarded man trying to run a criminal organization that consists of two green pigs and a hot Asian woman? 🤭
It wouldn’t be Collector Freaks without a thread absolutely derailing :lol

Back