The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Runs in the family...

ffpkl31ipv601.png

Got the new John Wick 4k in this week and it is reference quality for sure. Love this movie. I like how they kept building up this universe with all of the different factions and hotels. Characters are awesome. Really liked Donnie Yen in this one.

Sorry Jye, what would be the next best bang for buck in terms of nittage? I've only just figured out the QM8 won't be sold in AU. :gah:
Oh snap you in AU!!!!

I thought you were in New Jersey :rotfl

For QLED (not OLED) try the QN90B if you want high nits mini LED that also doesn’t break the bank.

That’s a 2022 model.

2023 models with high nits mini LED are crazy expensive.

QN90B in the USA is going for $1,600 dollars for 65”.

In AU it should be around $15,999 US dollars lol

Oh snap you in AU!!!!

I thought you were in New Jersey :rotfl

For QLED (not OLED) try the QN90B if you want high nits mini LED that also doesn’t break the bank.

That’s a 2022 model.

2023 models with high nits mini LED are crazy expensive.

QN90B in the USA is going for $1,600 dollars for 65”.

In AU it should be around $15,999 US dollars lol

Cheers Jye, shall check it out. There's probably a QM8 equivalent in the pipeline with a different naming convention but it doesn't hurt to shop around.

Do USA models carry over to AU?

We seem to follow the EU naming conventions. The C845 is close but no cigar (particularly with the number of dimming zones).

However I'm hopeful of a C9 series later in the year.

Yep, it's the QG'DAYM8. :monkey3

:chase

Haha. That's not a QLED, this is a QLED!

WTF? This is horrible news. At least 4k movies are region free, and we can still get Blu Rays from Europe.
Thankfully I haven't bought any of the new Disney movies for years, but I was hoping to see Aliens in 4k.
Yeah I mean obviously can still get from overseas but clearly this is the beginning of the end for physical. They just don’t sell the way they used to here, you go into most stores and the movie/tv show sections are either gone completely or are getting smaller and smaller. The place nearest to me don’t sell UHD anymore and have halved the size of the movie/tv section in favor of tech stuff.

I have been buying physical for about 40 years and man this has really bummed me out.

Back