The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Movie was definetly a watered down Punisher. I wanted more of a Punisher written like Circle of Blood miniseries of the 80's. Film still has some good bits though but very disjointed.
But do you prefer the extended over the theatrical or it doesn’t make much of a difference for you.

PWZ was fun but just too campy for me.

I’ll never forget when PWZ was released it ended up being gorier than the Friday 13th remake lol

Yep end of march. Packaging all looks the same as the previous blu ray ecition so I will get the deluxe with the bonus items since I got the steelbook last time.
Now we just need 4K ALIENS though the upscaled blu-ray looks very nice.

I bought the Arrow Robocop blu-ray but still haven't gotten around to watching it. :slap

But do you prefer the extended over the theatrical or it doesn’t make much of a difference for you.

I’ll never forget when PWZ was released it ended up being gorier than the Friday 13th remake lol
Stevenson > Jane in terms of comic to actor. Jane is awesome in everything, but Stevenson really brings a Punisher vibe to me. Big, tough and has that deeper voice. And he looked Italian even though hes an Aussie. Stevenson > Lundgren > Jane > Bernthal.

I prefer the extended cut. The subplot was crucial to the main story. War Zone had some cool kills and Ray Stevenson looked like the Punisher out of the comic. The addition of Microchip was cool to but yes the movie was over the top campy. A guilty pleasure of mine.

Now we just need 4K ALIENS though the upscaled blu-ray looks very nice.

I bought the Arrow Robocop blu-ray but still haven't gotten around to watching it. :slap
Me too. I won't open it now. I want Terminator and T2 and Aliens in 4K and Conan the Barbarian.

I prefer the extended cut. The subplot was crucial to the main story. War Zone had some cool kills and Ray Stevenson looked like the Punisher out of the comic. The addition of Microchip was cool to but yes the movie was over the top campy. A guilty pleasure of mine.
I really hate that scene in PWZ where jigsaw and his brother are on the stairs in the home shooting at the good guys right across from them and everyone is missing lol

Umm must watch!

My favorite calibrator channel dude is a legend.

Wait until you see the noise reduction example on Chris Evans face starting at the 3:02 mark.

Last edited:
Umm must watch!

GeneralCoordinatedAmethystinepython-size_restricted.gif

sons-of.gif

Umm must watch!

My favorite calibrator channel dude is a legend.

Wait until you see the noise reduction example on Chris Evans face starting at the 3:02 mark.

Holy crap I started FOTR and skipped to the same snow scene on the mountains that he was showing and switched to Warm color mode like he said and instantly the snow lost it's blue tint! :thud:

Stevenson > Jane in terms of comic to actor. Jane is awesome in everything, but Stevenson really brings a Punisher vibe to me. Big, tough and has that deeper voice. And he looked Italian even though hes an Aussie. Stevenson > Lundgren > Jane > Bernthal.
Matticus According to is wiki Ray Stevenson is from Northern Ireland!

While I agree that DTM done right is a great equalizer especially for projectors I still prefer dynamic metadata from DV over static from HDR10 as I notice that DTM makes the image too bright for my tastes and might even be eliminating detail.

Last edited:
Do you agree on these 5 things for Sony?

No filmmaker mode for Sony!!!! :gah:
I do.

Sony has Cinema mode.

OOB performance is great!

Waiting on Sony to release their 120hz VRR gaming update for the platform though hurry up Sony :gah:

Was supposed to be out this month but nothing yet.

If you don’t game this doesn’t matter then.

Back