The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 3D in TR and IW is just freaking glorious.

Every single addition of a great movie into my 3D collection is a wonderful thing for me.

What was I thinking waiting this long to get them.

Don’t hesitate, buy them!

Supposedly Disney has 4K versions of the films ready to go. I think the Harmy versions are 720P, are they not?

Yes they're 720p but whatever upscaling tricks that modern TV's do sure has them looking basically HD to my eye. And IIRC Gareth Edwards confirmed that the OT 4K upgrades were of the Special Editions.

Yes they're 720p but whatever upscaling tricks that modern TV's do sure has them looking basically HD to my eye. And IIRC Gareth Edwards confirmed that the OT 4K upgrades were of the Special Editions.
Special Editions!!!

f1110a9ec7a8ad08c69f27a745417423.gif

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The 3D in TR and IW is just freaking glorious.

Every single addition of a great movie into my 3D collection is a wonderful thing for me.

What was I thinking waiting this long to get them.

Don’t hesitate, buy them!
Glad you finally gave in, Ragnarok is one of my absolute favorite 3D experiences! I can't even imagine watching it any other way, and I bought the 4K!

Infinity war's 3D is great as well, it's a shame most Americans will miss out on it.

Supposedly Disney has 4K versions of the films ready to go. I think the Harmy versions are 720P, are they not?

:gah:

Glad you finally gave in, Ragnarok is one of my absolute favorite 3D experiences! I can't even imagine watching it any other way, and I bought the 4K!

Infinity war's 3D is great as well, it's a shame most Americans will miss out on it.

TR 3D was an amazing theatrical experience and it carried over to the home perfectly.

Wait -- what?

Region free europe release a thing of beauty.

Region free europe release a thing of beauty.

What's wrong with the USA lately, jeez.

Yep, I never got my 3D Pirates 5... maybe I'll get that and Infinity War! I have to get Infinity War in 3D, while I still have the 3D set.

What else do those highly-advanced Europeans have in 3D that we hillbillies don't?

Also, can you recommend a good ebay seller?

Several of the backlight bulbs malfunctioned on my Samsung 3D TV and it just became too annoying to watch. I just have my TCL 6 Series which is glorious but I remember how awesome Ragnarok and RPO looked in 3D on the big screen, to say nothing of Alita. :(

What's wrong with the USA lately, jeez.

Yep, I never got my 3D Pirates 5... maybe I'll get that and Infinity War! I have to get Infinity War in 3D, while I still have the 3D set.

What else do those highly-advanced Europeans have in 3D that we hillbillies don't?

Also, can you recommend a good ebay seller?
You're better off going through Amazon UK, 3D movies are cheap there.

Yeah I've got it tucked away as an "emergency TV" in case something crazy happens to my TCL. I can still watch it, it just has annoying circles around three or four of the backlight bulbs whenever the screen is really bright.
you should get it fixed before they no longer can get parts to fix it.

Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Just $4 or $5.

I buy from there all the time.

As a matter of fact, many of the marvel 3D movies are on sale right now, 2 for £18

That's essentially $12 each.

I don't know, my card sucks and I get hidden charges, foreign fees. That $17 quickly becomes $21-$24.

I have Amazon Prime and can get IW 3D for $20... and Pirates 5 for $18... free ship. I think that's the way to go.

I hate double-dipping as I have IW 4K... but 3D is just too much fun. Plus it gives me an excuse to rewatch IW a couple more times.

Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

I don't know, my card sucks and I get hidden charges, foreign fees. That $17 quickly becomes $21-$24.

I have Amazon Prime and can get IW 3D for $20... and Pirates 5 for $18... free ship. I think that's the way to go.

I hate double-dipping as I have IW 4K... but 3D is just too much fun. Plus it gives me an excuse to rewatch IW a couple more times.
Ok, just thought I'd give you the option that's cheaper for me.

Back