The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pre-ordered the new Rocky box set this should’ve been the first 4K box set to begin with but there’s a lot of behind-the-scenes legal shenanigans going on as we all know still though the new box set is the real deal it should have all the corrected audio plus the new Directors cut of Rocky 6, can’t wait!

I feel bad for those that bought the previous box set that’s gotta hurt lol
Rocky 6? There's a Rocky 5?? I don't know, I could swear there's ONLY 4 Rocky movies. :dunno

I've wanted pick up the last 4k 4 movie set, but there were pressing issues with 3 of the movies that were just recently fixed and don't want to deal with whether its a corrected set or having to check and contact WB for replacements..

For anyone who owns the set and is not in the know...

Yo, Adrian! Warner Bros Has Fixed The Rocky Knockout 4K Discs!

A ton of announcements

Top Secret and Zodiac should be on multiple streaming services now in 4K and UHD seems likely especially for Zodiac

Gung Ho is coming out on bluray, a forgotten Ron Howard film I always liked

There is a documentary about Ennio Morricone coming out on bluray

Amadeus is coming out on UHD later this year

Plus …

IMG_5311.jpeg
IMG_5307.jpeg
IMG_5306.jpeg
IMG_5305.jpeg

IMG_5312.jpeg

Paramount have started a disc replacement program for Titanic although being overseas they don’t seem to want to help me out
https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/053024-0945

I still can’t believe Gary Rydstrom was involved in that horrible T1 remix but I guess it was ultimately JC who did it. All of the gunshots are just wrong.

None of the releases of the bluray had the original mono, it hasn’t been seen since the dvd release!

I still can’t believe Gary Rydstrom was involved in that horrible T1 remix but I guess it was ultimately JC who did it. All of the gunshots are just wrong.

None of the releases of the bluray had the original mono, it hasn’t been seen since the dvd release!
Which is why I still have the MGM Special Edition DVD at home. I cannot listen to that "pew pew pew" nonsense.

I’ve got me some viewing on the weekend …

View attachment 706658
Just responding to my own post I think I seriously undervalued how incredible and important Basil Poledouris’ score is to Conan. It’s an opera in and of itself. The film wouldn’t be even a quarter good without it. I can’t think of another film where the music elevates the film to masterpiece.
The 4K is impressive too.

Escape From New York in my opinion is seriously overrated. Iconic sure. Music is great. But I have it to be a Carpenter completist. Again the 4K really belies how average the film is.

Witness is a masterpiece of subtly. I miss Weir. The 4K looks great but subdued. It looks film like. This is very common the small low budget eighties films can somehow look better in 4K than many top tier titles.

Witness is a masterpiece of subtly. I miss Weir. The 4K looks great but subdued. It looks film like. This is very common the small low budget eighties films can somehow look better in 4K than many top tier titles.

Big-time agree, I can't recommend Witness enough, the scene in the police station where Samuel Lapp indentifies the killer is one of my all time faves. I was very happy to pickup the 4k Limited edition from Arrow (and 4k Conan Chronicles!)

Back