The Blitzway Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember an old interview with Frank from HT where he said they wanted to do Blade Runner but the rights are impossible to get. Medicom made a spinner but that was a one off for a dvd set. WB are leaving money on the table if they don't attempt to resolve those issues this year.

Blade runner license is easy to obtain, there has been quite a few Spinner merchandise. Fujimi has Spinner & Deckard's car in 1/24 model. Hot Wheels or something has smaller diecast cars. Medicom had a standalone & also DVD bundled Spinner.

The problem is with the actors license.

Blade runner license is easy to obtain, there has been quite a few Spinner merchandise. Fujimi has Spinner & Deckard's car in 1/24 model. Hot Wheels or something has smaller diecast cars. Medicom had a standalone & also DVD bundled Spinner.

Wrong.

Blade Runner all the way- maybe just maybe HT may have it...was mentioned by Howard in the past they were looking into it?

That seems strange...there is no shortage of merchandise bearing Harrison Ford's face...Hot Toys and Sideshow alone have made multiple Fords...not to mention the obvious Hasbro and Kenner contributions...can't imagine Rutger Hauer being too picky at this stage in his career...NECA already demonstrated that Daryl Hannah has no qualms about being an action figure with their Kill Bill line...

That seems strange...there is no shortage of merchandise bearing Harrison Ford's face...Hot Toys and Sideshow alone have made multiple Fords...not to mention the obvious Hasbro and Kenner contributions...can't imagine Rutger Hauer being too picky at this stage in his career...NECA already demonstrated that Daryl Hannah has no qualms about being an action figure with their Kill Bill line...

not just about movie license & actor's, most movies like star wars already have the toy mentioned inside the contracts, if you go out & get both movie & actor's license it'd cost alot more and it will involve alot more parties, for example the script writer will need another cut out from the movie's license if it was not part of the agreement covered initially.

This thread has placed a good focus on what we want from Blitzway but I am wondering what they actually WILL announce as their next license...I want Blade Runner but I doubt that will be coming any time soon...with so few figures from them it's hard to determine if there is a pattern beyond the fact that their first two figures were from Universal Pictures movies starring Al Pacino...They also have not ventured outside of the 20th century yet either...who knows maybe they will do Godfather II? It's a Paramount movie but they clearly like making Pacino figures...

I'd likely buy anything from the 80's era.

Any of these would be a dream:

Rocky (Training Gear)
Feris Bueller
John McClane (Die Hard)
Axel Foley
Rick Deckard (Blade Runner)

Last edited:
Blitzway would make amazing figures of The Fifth Element...even if you are not a fan of the movie you have to appreciate the character / costume design and who can argue with a great licensed sixth scale Bruce Willis!

Blitzway would make amazing figures of The Fifth Element...even if you are not a fan of the movie you have to appreciate the character / costume design and who can argue with a great licensed sixth scale Bruce Willis!

This. So much this.

Back