The Batcave Display Project - WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. EcKo

OG Freak
Reaction score
Ok Freaks here is my latest project i'm working on in my spare time.

Its going to be a Diorama backdrop of the Batcave from Batman Begins & TDKR

I'm building it to line the walls of my Billy Bookcase for all my Batman Figures.

I originally wanted to make a LED light up Bat Symbol but decided not to . Instead i will have a dedicated light to shine down onto it.

This is a work in progress and i will update it as my progression on the project progresses.

I started out by cutting out the bat symbol outta 1/4 inch foam board , i added texture and cut jagged edges to simulate rock. And added a piece of lexsand plexi glass to give it a shine

Thebatcaveprojectpt1001.jpg

Thebatcaveprojectpt1002.jpg

Thebatcaveprojectpt1003.jpg

I'm using 1/2 inch foam board insulation as the cave walls . Adding different rock formations pertruding out . This may not look like much now , but once i paint it , it all changes.

Thebatcaveprojectpt1004.jpg

Thebatcaveprojectpt1012.jpg

Thebatcaveprojectpt1013.jpg

Thebatcaveprojectpt1014.jpg

Thebatcaveprojectpt1015.jpg

Thebatcaveprojectpt1016.jpg

Thebatcaveprojectpt1017.jpg

PAINTED

Thebatcaveprojectpt1027.jpg

Thebatcaveprojectpt1028.jpg

Thebatcaveprojectpt1030.jpg

Thebatcaveprojectpt1031.jpg

I have tape over the bat symbol

Thebatcaveprojectpt1032.jpg

Thebatcaveprojectpt1033.jpg

I still have to paint over this again . Then on to making the floor , sides & ceiling

Last edited:
Ok here's a little update , i dry fitted the back cave wall in my Billy and i gutta say it looks freaking awesome . Had to put Bats in there so you can really get the effect of what its gunna be. I will make the side walls tomorrow aand then onto the ceiling with bats flying around and hanging .

I'm also going to incorporate just the poles with the grundle grabbers from hot toys stands into the base.

Stay Tuned and thanks for all the comments , i appreciate it.

The painters tape is still coveing the bat symbol because i still need to paint a bit more and its not glued on yet

Thebatcavept2001.jpg

Thebatcavept2002.jpg

Thebatcavept2003.jpg

Thebatcavept2004.jpg

Thebatcavept2005.jpg

Thebatcavept2006.jpg

Thebatcavept2007.jpg

Thebatcavept2008.jpg

Thebatcavept2009.jpg

Thebatcavept2010.jpg

Last edited:
Thread subscribed - this is a really neat idea. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Ok here's a little update , i dry fitted the back cave wall in my Billy and i gutta say it looks freaking awesome . Had to put Bats in there so you can really get the effect of what its gunna be. I will make the side walls tomorrow aand then onto the ceiling with bats flying around and hanging .

I'm also going to incorporate just the poles with the grundle grabbers from hot toys stands into the base.

Stay Tuned and thanks for all the comments , i appreciate it.

The painters tape is still coveing the bat symbol because i still need to paint a bit more and its not glued on yet

Thebatcavept2001.jpg

Thebatcavept2002.jpg

Thebatcavept2003.jpg

Thebatcavept2004.jpg

Thebatcavept2005.jpg

Thebatcavept2006.jpg

Thebatcavept2007.jpg

Thebatcavept2008.jpg

Thebatcavept2009.jpg

Thebatcavept2010.jpg

Man you should create a whole entire bat cave.....just one huge display...with the tumbler if you ordered that...you have the talent to do it....

Back