The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

That is my point, their realistic approach is based in the Ultimates and there are even some things that are very closely mimicked but not exact. Pointing out their differences simply points out how it's a loose basis, which is what I was saying.

While Ultimate Cap would say, "Surrender?, The A on my uniform doesn't stand for France."
616 and movie cap would say something like, "The French fought just as hard as everyone else did in the war and I don't want to hear anything else about it."

Not to be political but Ultimate Cap felt a little like a poster boy for Bush's America. Movie Cap doesn't like bullies and 616 Cap is trying uphold the ideal of the way things ought to be in the face of the reality that they aren't.
That's my two bits.

While Ultimate Cap would say, "Surrender?, The A on my uniform doesn't stand for France."
616 and movie cap would say something like, "The French fought just as hard as everyone else did in the war and I don't want to hear anything else about it."

Not to be political but Ultimate Cap felt a little like a poster boy for Bush's America. Movie Cap doesn't like bullies and 616 Cap is trying uphold the ideal of the way things ought to be in the face of the reality that they aren't.
That's my two bits.

I won't deny Ulti Caps more jingoistic approach and outlook but that is a faaaaaar cry from being racist.

That one line from Ulti Cap in the heat of battle is probably one of the most memorable lines from a hero in comics in recent history.
What equally memorable lines does the reg. Cap have from comics?
Can't think of any myself.

Yeah Ultimate Cap was into Jan Pym who is asian. Not racist.

True Wake, the wang never lies.

Maybe racist is too strong of a word, but he is completely politically incorrect and a bit of a ****** bag when compared to the 616 Cap. Also that whole the "A on my head doesn't stand for France" just proves my point. In fact if I'm not mistake, Brubaker responded to that exact quote with his own scene in the real Capt. Comics. (Something about the 616 Capt. being disgusted about people calling the French cowards).
Now Loki does imitate some of Ultimate Loki's habits, but Iron Man is almost completely different than his Ultimate counterpart. Nick Fury is well, obviously the Ultimate version.(Talking about film personas). Now to sum it up, the setting is mostly Ultimates(the movie taking place in New York, alien invasion, etc.) But the character themselves are more reminiscent of their 616 counterparts. I would absolutely hate Capt if he was anything of his Ultimate self.

I would absolutely hate Capt if he was anything of his Ultimate self.

I on the other hand would appreciate it.
But given what's been established in his stand alone movie that seems unlikely.
The "France" line seems to be viewed by most one of two ways, either a horrific slight on France or by others (me) that Cap represents a country that doesn't shrink from a fight regardless the odds.
Both over simplified but I don't believe a combat soldier from the Greatest Generation would be very "politically correct" and all that term implies.

The "France" line seems to be viewed by most one of two ways, either a horrific slight on France or by others (me) that Cap represents a country that doesn't shrink from a fight regardless the odds.
Both over simplified but I don't believe a combat soldier from the Greatest generation would be very "politically correct" and all that term implies.

Freedom Fries :lol

Both over simplified but I don't believe a combat soldier from the Greatest Generation would be very "politically correct" and all that term implies.
True but I believe 616 Capt represents the "country that doesn't shrink from a fight regardless of odds, more than Ult Capt does." And 616 has alot of examples. I understand you like his attitude, but it does come off a bit annoying and flashy. If I only had the time to pull up the scans of some awesome Capt Panels from the original comics, he has alot of good counterexamples to Ultimate Capt.

True but I believe 616 Capt represents the "country that doesn't shrink from a fight regardless of odds, more than Ult Capt does." And 616 has alot of examples. I understand you like his attitude, but it does come off a bit annoying and flashy. If I only had the time to pull up the scans of some awesome Capt Panels from the original comics, he has alot of good counterexamples to Ultimate Capt.

I can think of one, but it compliments Ulti Cap rather than refutes in my mind. It was the Capt America for President issue by Roger Stern and John Byrne (a great short run from the 80's the Reagan era btw)
Cap goes back to his empty Brooklyn grade school classroom and recalls a teachers speech which helps him decide on running and in turn gives a good speech declining to run. Great issue. Look it up.
(Fury tells Dugan he better make sure he's registered just in case)

I can think of one, but it compliments Ulti Cap rather than refutes in my mind. It was the Capt America for President issue by Roger Stern and John Byrne (a great short run from the 80's the Reagan era btw)
Cap goes back to his empty Brooklyn grade school classroom and recalls a teachers speech which helps him decide on running and in turn gives a good speech declining to run. Great issue. Look it up.

I have that issue. :)

I know what issue you're talkin about but I believe in general there are more counterexamples than there are supporting examples. I mean I can see why people like Ultimate Capt, he's the grittier no nonsense, punch first ask questions later guy, but I just don't consider him an equal when comparing to 616 Capt. And I'm thankful they based the movie Capt on 616 Capt for the most part.

I know this is an oldie....but a goodie

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN9Nj0h8APA&feature=related"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN9Nj0h8APA&feature=related[/ame]

What is everyone most looking forward to with this film? For me, I know that Joss Whedon always makes his female characters, kick a s s. So I am completely sure that Black Widow will be amazing in this film. And as a woman, I am thankful for that because we too, need to see kick a s s females in superhero movies.

If you want to see a kick ass girl in a superhero movie, then you'll love Garfield in Spiderman. :lol

If you want to see a kick ass girl in a superhero movie, then you'll love Garfield in Spiderman. :lol

But it's also my love for ScarJo that I am so into BW. The female SH must have that certain 'something' and ScarJo has it.

Back