The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man: The Reboot!

Wow, didn't see that coming. And I hate to start with a criticism, but I must admit I don't like the whole young person/teenager vibe.

Agreed. It seems everything coming out of Hollywood is being made younger and younger. Soon the announcement will come that the Avengers film will be scrapped in lieu of a new "Super Babies" treatment.

This is grand news and I'm happy that I'm not the only one excited by this.

Here's for the hope of a smart Peter and a sexy MJ. The way they were meant to be!!

Biggest loss from this is that J Jonah Jameson was the best casting ever in any super hero film (not couting Iron Man).

James Bond gets rebooted all the time. I can't see why it can't be done with Spider-Man as well.

And Michael Bay I know you are not reading this, but I will say it anyway. Please stay the ____ away from Spider-Man. Thank you

At work all night i was bored and had time to take this in.

I'm excited about the possibilities and it could be very good. (sad to see Tobey go) And i still think it's too soon for a reboot. You know ____ing Sony was whining and not letting Sam do what he wanted so he told em to go to hell.

Sony better do it well. (and not cater to TDK fans, or 16-23 yr old young modern males.)

Spider-man is enjoyed by people of all ages and they need to respect that.

A good shout for Director would be Neill Blomkamp IMO. The guy showed alot of flair in D9.

I'm really for this... the 3 Spidey-movie were very average IMO...Loved by very average movie goers.

Cant wait to see what Marvel studios is gonna do with the franchise..:rock

Wow, you were really nice about it. Me? Not so much. :lol

Spider-Man 1-3 SUCKED. Badly. Tobey Maguire is/was TERRIBLE. I can't ever remember feeling so disgusted watching that moron in his "performance" in Spidey 3. Just sad. The effects and fight scenes, especially on IMAX? Well done Sony. Good times. Maguire? Worst casting decision possible.

Bring on the newer/better Spidey!!!!!!!!

When I first saw the Green Goblin on the screen in SM 1,I puked.

Wow, you were really nice about it. Me? Not so much. :lol

Spider-Man 1-3 SUCKED. Badly. Tobey Maguire is/was TERRIBLE. I can't ever remember feeling so disgusted watching that moron in his "performance" in Spidey 3. Just sad. The effects and fight scenes, especially on IMAX? Well done Sony. Good times. Maguire? Worst casting decision possible.

Bring on the newer/better Spidey!!!!!!!!

funny-pictures-cat-approves.jpg

This comment from another site bothers me cause it's probably true.

"We are not going to get someone great. Raimi didn't leave the movie cause the money wasn't enough for him. Spidey 4 didn't get made because Raimi was great, so he had a saying in things. The studio doesn't want any more of that. They don't want someone 'great', not other Raimi. They want someone who can shut up and make their movie. They're looking for a "YES MAN".

For me there hasn't been a Peter Parker since Nicholas Hammond. Anyone get the reference without looking?

Im so proud that i got the reference. Go me. lol. :joy I used to love that show when i was a kid. Was so awesome.

I apologize if I sound like a sore loser, but I think this is really dumb. I just don't see why this was necessary. I just don't think it makes sense to totally scrap a movie that was all ready to go and supposed to be filming like next month. Even if they already had plans to reboot the franchise, why couldnt they just wait till after the 4th film? Personally, I think this move was a huge slap in the face to Sam, and I shudder to think of a director who probably isn't a spidey fan and who won't try to go against the crap that sony/columbia tries to force in. I guess I'm just not thrilled about most likely seeing some prepubescent 16 year old they got off the disney channel to play spidey. Again, this was all just my opinion, so if you're happy about the changes, than more power to you

Because they couldn't get along with Sam. And Tobey and Kirsten have stated many times that they would only work with Rami. So really Sony had no choice but to reboot.

I think it was way to early myself as well, but it is what it is.

I apologize if I sound like a sore loser, but I think this is really dumb. I just don't see why this was necessary. I just don't think it makes sense to totally scrap a movie that was all ready to go and supposed to be filming like next month. Even if they already had plans to reboot the franchise, why couldnt they just wait till after the 4th film? Personally, I think this move was a huge slap in the face to Sam, and I shudder to think of a director who probably isn't a spidey fan and who won't try to go against the crap that sony/columbia tries to force in. I guess I'm just not thrilled about most likely seeing some prepubescent 16 year old they got off the disney channel to play spidey. Again, this was all just my opinion, so if you're happy about the changes, than more power to you

Sony states the biggest problem was they were about to rewrite the script again TODAY with filming starting next month. The movie was going to be another Spiderman 3 and I think we may have dodged a bullet.

I say we bide our time until Sony loses the rights and Marvel can make a true Spiderman movie.

Actors saying they would only work with Raimi have got to be stupid. I can understand loyalty but its not like Toby and Kirsten were Spidey fans to begin with.

It's got it's good and bad points. Personally, I would have liked to see Rami do one more. After watching Dark Night, he had some good comments about where things could go amd I would have liked to see the current cast go out with a bang instead of the whimper that was number 3. If they are going for a complete reboot, they need to do it right and hold of even longer that a year. Sometimes if it's to fresh in peoples minds, they won't go nomatter what, I'm thinking of that last hulk film. Liked the second more than the first, marginally, but it did poorly because it was so close to the release of the first Ang lee film.

Like many posters here, I hope they pull an Incredible Hulk, by only briefly covering Spidey's origins in the begining (if they really feel the need to) and featuring an all new villain for Spidey to fight. I will be very disappointed if they just redo the Green Goblin and origin in the new film, making it a straight remake.

In a perfect world, they would have also taken a page from TIH, by loosely setting this one a couple of years after the events of the previous films, but with a new director and cast, who made it a tonal reboot by doing their own thing with it. Think Batman Forever done right.

It's got it's good and bad points. Personally, I would have liked to see Rami do one more. After watching Dark Night, he had some good comments about where things could go amd I would have liked to see the current cast go out with a bang instead of the whimper that was number 3. If they are going for a complete reboot, they need to do it right and hold of even longer that a year. Sometimes if it's to fresh in peoples minds, they won't go nomatter what, I'm thinking of that last hulk film. Liked the second more than the first, marginally, but it did poorly because it was so close to the release of the first Ang lee film.

I agree it would have been nice to give the old cast a chance to redeem themselves with a better final movie. I also agree that they should wait a bit before the reboot, just to give the public a chance to put the Tobey years behind, and perhaps just to build some anticipation. I personally thought the new Hulk was great, but like roguebaron said I'm sure it suffered in the BO because of Ang Lee's Hulk still fresh in people's minds.

I also don't think the reboot is all that necessary anyway. The first one was fine--it did it's job. I didn't really like the Goblin's costume but Willem Dafoe was a great Osbourne. The second one I thought was perfect. It showed Parker's struggle with making ends meet and trying to have balance in his life. The fight sequences were great. I loved the antagonism from James Franco. Part 3 was embarrassing, especially following such a great sequel. But a part 4 would have been a great opportunity to correct that.

My fear is that they will skew the movie too young. The first one was fine in that he was a senior and them moved on to college. Hopefully the new ones will just divide the high school senior year and the college freshman year into the first movie and the sequel. And I agree with most here that Spidey doesn't need to be "dark and gritty". That's just not the right tone for him. Really the Raimi movies were just right tonally.

I guess its not surprising that a reboot is happening... just like others have said that it is happening so soon.

Too me it seems like it would make more sense to put a larger space between the past series and the new. Honestly I'm just not very excited to see a new Spider-Man series so soon after the last.

The highlight of the current Spidey movies for me was the train fight scene with Doc Ock. That's the one thing I can watch a few times and say: yeah, that's a comic brought to life. Spiderman moved like Spiderman and the whole thing clicked pretty well.

Other than that the movies were entertaining but not Dark Knight caliber stuff.

Back