The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man: The Reboot!

In the Animated Series he explains that when he became Spider-Man, he also became subconsciously aware that a combination of certain enzymes would create a strong, sticky fluid reminiscent of a spider's webbing, garnering that from the spider-bite. It WAS in the comics this way for a short time, I remember but has been retconned out after the show ended.

Looking good...while I had a "WTF" reaction to hearing about the reboot, I am cool with it....just wish Spidey was back under Marvel control

IGN is reporting J.Jonah Jameson isnt in the reboot.
Interesting.

IGN is reporting J.Jonah Jameson isnt in the reboot.
Interesting.

10961-3.jpg

In the Animated Series he explains that when he became Spider-Man, he also became subconsciously aware that a combination of certain enzymes would create a strong, sticky fluid reminiscent of a spider's webbing, garnering that from the spider-bite. It WAS in the comics this way for a short time, I remember but has been retconned out after the show ended.

Yep, i remember this too, when he's talking to the little girl. Im sure its like the first episode of the second series, just because i remember sitting watching it one morning after waiting ages for the new series when i was a kid. Not sure about the comics as i've not read that many, though been meaning to for a couple of years now.

Anywho, really glad they're using the webshooters. I remember when i heard about the raimi movies having organic webshooter i was like "what the hell?" Admittedly it kinda worked well, but i still longed to see webshooters. Thats always been an integral part of spiderman to me for as long as i've known the character.

OK, the way everyone was talking about comic accuracy I thought it was comic based.

spiderman6.jpg

spidermansz.jpg

spiderman3c.jpg

spiderman5.jpg

spiderman2g.jpg

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/G6JtJZIPoRA&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/G6JtJZIPoRA&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

It WAS in the comics this way for a short time, I remember but has been retconned out after the show ended.

So this was added to the lore when the show was on in the 90s? I don't remember this being in the original origin telling... I can't check either because somebody gangked my Spidey Marvel Masterworks :mad:

Look's like they have gone with the small eyes, and he has blue fingers.

So this was added to the lore when the show was on in the 90s? I don't remember this being in the original origin telling... I can't check either because somebody gangked my Spidey Marvel Masterworks :mad:

Yeah. It wasn't in the original origin although not really specified that it didn't happen, it was mentioned in the books around the time that the animated series was really popular and then once it went off, it went out just like most of Tobey's stuff was added into the lore after his film.

Look's like they have gone with the small eyes, and he has blue fingers.

The blue fingers remind me of Ben Reilly, although the eyes look different in each shot...

OK, the way everyone was talking about comic accuracy I thought it was comic based.

No sorry, I should have specified but in reality most films take from every source before it...

The blue fingers remind me of Ben Reilly

And that's fine by me as i love that suit. It also has a red stripe on the side of the legs in a few photos i seen. We should be seeing a good close up of the mask any day now.

Spyder8.jpg

I like the suit as well...I'm psyched at minimum for the eventual HT figure we're going to get and posing it next to the Tobey figure.

I like the suit as well...I'm psyched at minimum for the eventual HT figure we're going to get and posing it next to the Tobey figure.

:lecture see? why couldn't everybody get that earlier?:slap I like the subtle changes in this costume because we get the benefit of getting a "variant" of the Spidey costume to get to pose next to the classic, iconic version worn by Tobe. It's a win-win in my book

Dammit why couldnt they give us a shot of spidey with his mask on . Im really anxious to see the mask. But i guess its still way to early.

^ Because the person who took the pic obviously took it from a high building. And not on set....

Back